PDA

View Full Version : holy crap!

Iguana775
07-22-2004, 10:18 PM
I can't believe how much love Baseball Tonite is giving the Sox. Am I dreaming...is this the twilight zone....

It's odd getting good publicity.....but I love it!!! :dtroll: :supernana: :gulp:

Corkinator
07-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Harold Reynolds knows his baseball. I did notice gammons yawning though..

South Side
07-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, Gammon's monotone response, "Good offense, but the Expos, now there's a team".

Cubbiesuck13
07-22-2004, 10:34 PM
please, did you see the clips they showed while giving them a minute thirty? about versitility they show perez make a good play then show uribe make a routine play then show davis throw the ball into center then show someone get thrown out at 2nd....... or am i just being too judgemental?

and no mention of the great game burly threw yesterday. "they showed their offense yesterday and today they showed their pitching"

dcb33
07-22-2004, 10:34 PM
PG: "Just as long as my Red Sox lose to the Cubbies in the World Series everything will be fine!"

Iguana775
07-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Yea, HR was having a major chubby over them.

Just before this, Gammons was saying how that if the Twins get some key people back and get in the playoffs, they could go to the Series. Whatever!!!

ma_deuce
07-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I can't believe how much love Baseball Tonite is giving the Sox.
:thud:

Kogs35
07-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Yea, HR was having a major chubby over them.

Just before this, Gammons was saying how that if the Twins get some key people back and get in the playoffs, they could go to the Series. Whatever!!!
don't worry hes giving them the kiss of the death

TimoPerez
07-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I found it funny and sad that Harold Reynolds said that Timo's diving catch was a Web Gem and that you don't see too many like that, yet it failed to become an official Web Gem at the end of the show.

Iwritecode
07-23-2004, 02:36 PM
I thought it was interesting after all the analysis HR did, when asked if he would pick the Sox to win the division he scoffed and mumbled and said something about not being able to count the Twins out just yet. He's going to save his prediction until later...

Iwritecode
07-23-2004, 02:38 PM
then show davis throw the ball into center

That was a good throw. Had Uribe caught the ball (he tried to make the tag before he had the ball) the runner would have been out.

Kadafi311
07-23-2004, 02:53 PM
I thought it was interesting after all the analysis HR did, when asked if he would pick the Sox to win the division he scoffed and mumbled and said something about not being able to count the Twins out just yet. He's going to save his prediction until later...I heard that also. At the end he did actually say *muffled in the background over that other yahoo's interjection* "if I had to pick right now, I'm taking the Twins".

I taped it on Tivo and listened to it a few times.

It's great to see we're getting this much face time on BBT and SC though, good stuff.

Cellview22
07-23-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm starting to get used to this! :D:

Just wait until September and October..

BainesHOF
07-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Gammons has been dead for two years. It's just that no one's told him yet.

mantis1212
07-23-2004, 03:10 PM
I heard that also. At the end he did actually say *muffled in the background over that other yahoo's interjection* "if I had to pick right now, I'm taking the Twins".
Good to know Harold, since your original pick for the Central is currently in the cellar

bigfoot
07-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Don't get a woody over this one bit on S/Center. The Red Sauwks/Yankoffs play this weekend. You think we'll be able to find even a final score, Fri-Mon?