We had better watch out!

Eeek! MY SHADOW!!!

:bandance: Shutout #1
:bandance: Shutout #2

Hey Minnesota, bite me!

:gulp:

Viva Magglio
07-22-2004, 09:41 PM
4-4 on this killer 8-gamer. We all would have liked a better record, of course, but I'm satisfied with the split of those games.

Randar68
GOD KENNY IS SO STUPID

what horrible acquisitions.
LOL! Garcia, Shingo, Everett, Timo, hell, even Crede had a couople hits tonight!

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will find something to complain about, LOL

StrTrkker
I think the Sox have turned the corner with these 2 wins.

Screw the wild card...lets send Minnesota a message and sweep Detroit this weekend and paste them come Monday.

ChiSox1906
No tunes and a mini sweep.:notoons :wh1tesox00 :sweep :gulp:

Corlose 15
Man the Sox pitching was awful this series. Ten hits allowed? What's that all about? :smile: :D: :cool:

:winner

Blob
07-22-2004, 09:42 PM
:winner

Carl 2RBIs tonight. Joe Crede 4-8 in series. Trade him!

Cleveland ain't ****!!!

The Wimperoo
07-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Sox win!!!

Jjav829
Beautiful 2 game sweep. Back-to-back shutouts by our two best pitchers. Freddy is now 4-1 with us. But wait, what was his record with that explosive Seattle offense? :supernana:

Bucktown
000000000 000000000

idseer
i just can't say it enough. how sweet it is to have a closer you can depend on.

way to go shin go! :D:

copyhead
07-22-2004, 09:44 PM
congratulations you guys

totally handcuffed our offense, well deserved sweep

i'll just go quietly sit in a corner now :whiner:

Cowch44
07-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Best offense in baseball my ***.:supernana:

HomeFish
07-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Good; looks like we didn't underestimate the Indians.

Now, just don't underestimate the Tigers.

owensmouth
07-22-2004, 09:46 PM
LOL! Garcia, Shingo, Everett, Timo, hell, even Crede had a couople hits tonight!

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will find something to complain about, LOL
Don't forget mighty Ben's blast...

Evman5
07-22-2004, 09:47 PM
I really liked Crede's swing tonight. As Hawk and DJ mentioned he got a basehit to right, a hit up the middle and two flyouts to right. He didn't try to pull the ball. Great win! Now lets sweep the tigers. :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

As I am typing this there was a car crash right outside:o:
Nobody was hurt but that freaked me out.

ChiSox1906
07-22-2004, 09:48 PM
1/2 game back of division
1/2 game back of wild card

idseer
07-22-2004, 09:51 PM
1/2 game back of division
1/2 game back of wild card
minnesota is the only team in this division that has a shot at the wildcard.

duke of dorwood
This kind of record on the road the rest of the way will get it done

Aidan
GOD KENNY IS SO STUPID

what horrible acquisitions.If anyone could still question Kenny's acquisition of Freddy and Crazy Carl they are morons, plain and simple.

Nick@Nite
07-22-2004, 09:53 PM
4-4 road trip... could've been better... could've been worse.

Keeping pace with the Twins.

Now, let's make some hay on this homestand!

:supernana:

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2004, 09:55 PM
:D: It was kind of a cruddy day.

The Sox sure turned that around!!
Way to go guys!!! :bandance:

fquaye149
07-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Good; looks like we didn't underestimate the Indians.

Now, just don't underestimate the Tigers.

seriously, stop watching the cubs. you're just pissing (most) everyone off with this constant negativity.

It takes less muscles to smile than to frown!

dance like nobody's watching!

When there was only one set of footprints I was carrying you!

Aidan
07-22-2004, 09:58 PM
seriously, stop watching the cubs. you're just pissing (most) everyone off with this constant negativity.

When there was only one set of footprints I was carrying you!Agreed. HomeFish, here's a website for you to go to...

www.NorthSideBaseball.com (http://www.NorthSideBaseball.com)

:angry: :angry: :angry:

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 09:59 PM
In one word that series was impressive. Does everyone understand now why Carl and Freddy are on this ballclub?

Rudy Law
This was a real big win tonight....I think this gives them some momentum going into this homestand.......I am the biggest Crede critic there is, but he looked better tonight....Short and Quick Joe........For them to come off the road trip against 3 teams who are very hot and be 4-4.....Is huge for them....

zach23

When there was only one set of footprints I was carrying you!

Really, as Sox fans we don't get many seasons where we can have some fun. Try and enjoy it while we have it. I can remember so many seasons where at this point the Sox were buried and done. It's a pennant race, it's exciting. It is a hell of a lot better than having nothing left to look forward to until next year.

habibharu
07-22-2004, 10:02 PM
great couple of games. great job freddy. great 2 out hitting by carl. quite possible the two best games we have pitched all year!

Andy T Clown
07-22-2004, 10:03 PM
I like Crazy Carl even more this time around!!:dtroll:

Iguana775
07-22-2004, 10:07 PM
If anyone could still question Kenny's acquisition of Freddy and Crazy Carl they are morons, plain and simple.
What are you talking about?? KW gave up WAAAAAAYYYY too much!!!!

South Side
07-22-2004, 10:20 PM
For the second night in a row, getting MAJOR props on Baseball Tonight. Here's to great pitching, great hitting, and a major crowd this weekend! :bandance: :bandance:

DaveIsHere
07-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Absolutely horrible, two bad games, we only gave up 10 hits and 0 rund what the hell, we will never make it through this season it is over, take the team apart PUHLEEZE!!!

Frankfan4life
07-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Drat, I said (well actually it was the "S" word)! I missed the whole game tonight because I was at a retirement party. I was worried as heck cause I knew the Twinkies won today :mad:. So, I couldn't wait to find out if the Sox had won. Once I left the party, the first person I asked said that the Sox were leading. Good, but not good enough. I rushed into my condo lobby and asked the doorman (who is a Sox fan) who won, and he told me the Sox won 8-zip. :smile: Yes, alright, I started screaming and hollering in the lobby! Mostly, because I was happy and relieved and partly because I had a few of these :gulp:at the party. Then I felt kinda sad :(: because I missed a great game. But then I realized I had enjoyed a great party with my friends and then came home to a great White Sox win. :D: I then thanked my Maker and started to :bandance:some more. WOO HOO!! GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!! GO! YESS!!!!

Lip Man 1
07-22-2004, 11:13 PM
All I can say is.....

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Now let's get Detroit and let's gets Maggs back TOMORROW.

Lip

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Drat, I said (well actually it was the "S" word)! I missed the whole game tonight because I was at a retirement party. I was worried as heck cause I knew the Twinkies won today :mad:. So, I couldn't wait to find out if the Sox had won. Once I left the party, the first person I asked said that the Sox were leading. Good, but not good enough. I rushed into my condo lobby and asked the doorman (who is a Sox fan) who won, and he told me the Sox won 8-zip. :smile: Yes, alright, I started screaming and hollering in the lobby! Mostly, because I was happy and relieved and partly because I had a few of these :gulp:at the party. Then I felt kinda sad :(: because I missed a great game. But then I realized I had enjoyed a great party with my friends and then came home to a great White Sox win. :D: I then thanked my Maker and started to :bandance:some more. WOO HOO!! GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!! GO! YESS!!!!

Great Explanation of a true and dedicated white sox fan.
WOO!

Iguana775
07-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Get a web-enabled cell phone. I got one from sprint and love it. I can check Sox scores where ever I am. :supernana: :supernana: :dtroll: :dtroll:

mjmcend
07-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Get a web-enabled cell phone. I got one from sprint and love it. I can check Sox scores where ever I am. :supernana: :supernana: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Or just call 1-800-555-TELL from any cell phone. You get a voice activated system that will tell you news, weather, and most importantly sports scores. From what I can tell they are an inning or two behind most of the time, but it works well when you can't get to a radio or TV. It is a life saver for day games when I am working.

pczarapa
07-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Don't forget mighty Ben's blast...

Yeah, I looked down to see if hell froze over!

:)

WSox8404
07-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Well I am so happy right now, all I can say is:supernana: . Anyway, I hope Minnesota starts losing soon. I am going to the game tomorrow so I hope we have another White Sox winner. I better see a sellout tomorrow and Sat and Sun and Mon and Tues and Weds......GO SOX!!!

Bucktown
07-22-2004, 11:28 PM
I rushed into my condo lobby and asked the doorman (who is a Sox fan) who won, and he told me the Sox won 8-zip.If my door man gave me a bad score I would have him fired.

hose
07-22-2004, 11:31 PM
We better watch out for Cleveland!
We had better watch out!

Eeek! MY SHADOW!!!

:bandance: Shutout #1
:bandance: Shutout #2

Hey Minnesota, bite me!

:gulp:
In the last 4 games the Sox have played at Jacobs Field they have outscored the Indians 36-5 and won all four.:cool:

hose
07-22-2004, 11:32 PM
36-5

Bucktown
07-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Get a web-enabled cell phone. I got one from sprint and love it. I am glued to my Treo 600 during baseball season. My wife shoots me the evil eyes when we are at her folks and I am looking at my phone during dinner. But it is really the way to go. The best site is ESPN's mobile site. I have memorized that it is 9 clicks to the refrsh button so I can do it without looking. I never miss a pitch.

My daughter asked me to add these:
:gulp: :supernana: :dtroll: :nuts:

Frankfan4life
07-23-2004, 12:28 AM
If my door man gave me a bad score I would have him fired.Yikes! I just watched BBTN and found out the score was 3-0 instead of 8-0. Unfortunately, I can't tell whether it was my doorman or my hearing that got it wrong. Doesn't matter to me what the score was. Any win is GOOD!Or just call 1-800-555-TELL from any cell phone. You get a voice activated system that will tell you news, weather, and most importantly sports scores. From what I can tell they are an inning or two behind most of the time, but it works well when you can't get to a radio or TV. It is a life saver for day games when I am working.Or just call 1-800-555-TELL from any cell phone. You get a voice activated system that will tell you news, weather, and most importantly sports scores. From what I can tell they are an inning or two behind most of the time, but it works well when you can't get to a radio or TV. It is a life saver for day games when I am working.I hardly ever carry my cell phone with me since I am within walking distance of work and I have a relic of a cell phone that is almost as big as a cordless home phone. I do use US Celluar though! Actually, I was with them when they were still Primeco and I still have the Primeco cell phone. Thanks for the advice though, I am looking to upgrade, but I am still fighting the war between being up-to-date and saving some bucks.

kcsportscaster
07-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Win, win, win!!!! Great job by Garcia to shut down those nine little Indians and have them walk away with their tails between their legs!!!! Hopefully, Maggs will be back in the lineup as soon as Friday night as DA SOX begin their series with the Tigers. Loaiza MUST step up and give DA SOX a quality outing, otherwise they may have to outslug the Tigers in order to beat them. HOW ABOUT SOME TIGER MEAT THIS WEEKEND!!!!