PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia's appearance on the mound

jenmcm76
07-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the way C.C. Sabathia looks out on the mound? In my opinion, his super-baggy uniform and crooked hat make him look like a compete idiot. He reminds me of the dancer/entertainer guy in Bull Durham, except that guy was SUPPOSED to be funny. In my opinion, it's worse than stupid, it's disrespectful too.

No-talent ass-clown....

Corlose 15
07-22-2004, 06:38 PM
I totally agree, he looks like a total idiot.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the way C.C. Sabathia looks out on the mound? In my opinion, his super-baggy uniform and crooked hat make him look like a compete idiot. He reminds me of the dancer/entertainer guy in Bull Durham, except that guy was SUPPOSED to be funny. In my opinion, it's worse than stupid, it's disrespectful too.

No-talent ass-clown....

Amen Brother

Cubsuck_a_lot
07-22-2004, 06:54 PM
When i first saw the crooked hat a few months ago, i thought he wiped sweat and was so intense on pitching well that he didnt even notice his hat was off path a few inches. then i realized that he is, pure and simple, a genuine jackass.

way to go carl on the ribbie just now
the U's commercials suck

copyhead
07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
No-talent ass-clown....
i agree, he has no talent whatsoever :rolleyes:

jenmcm76
07-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Amen Brother
That'd be Sister... :wink:

SOXSINCE'70
07-22-2004, 07:10 PM

No-talent ass-clown....
I thought Andy The Clown was dead.He's been brought back to
life by C.C. Sabathia.:D: :D:

:andy
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN,YOU WHITE SOX!!!

Sebastian
07-22-2004, 07:18 PM
He does that to honor his HS team.

I guarantee if the man was on the Sox, no one would care how he dressed or accessorized.

Daver
07-22-2004, 07:29 PM
i agree, he has no talent whatsoever :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be at Wahoosinteractive.com?

:bandance:

jenmcm76
07-22-2004, 07:30 PM

I guarantee if the man was on the Sox, no one would care how he dressed or accessorized.
Honor? Was his high school mascot 'The Jackasses"?

I think I'd hate his look even more if he were on the Sox, 'cause I'd have to look at him every 5th day instead of a few times a year. When David Wells was on the Sox, I thought he looked bad, but even he managed to put his hat on straight!

Jjav829
07-22-2004, 07:34 PM

I disagree. I hate how he wears his hat. It annoys me everytime I see it. Would I be able to put up with it a little easier if he was pitching for the good guys? Sure, but it would still piss me off.

copyhead
07-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Shouldn't you be at Wahoosinteractive.com?

:bandance:
i happen to enjoy it here

is that permitted?

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 07:45 PM
I disagree. I hate how he wears his hat. It annoys me everytime I see it. Would I be able to put up with it a little easier if he was pitching for the good guys? Sure, but it would still piss me off.
I concur. I hate his clown suit and the way he wears his hat and whoever the other boneheads are (Hunter, etc.) who wear their hat like they should be in a rap video.

Daver
07-22-2004, 07:48 PM
i happen to enjoy it here

is that permitted?
I was kidding, hence the banana.

You can join the rest of the non Sox fans that post here regularly, there are quite a few of them, even a few Cub fans.

:)

fquaye149
07-22-2004, 07:50 PM
you all might want to get over it.

he has a different sense of style as you, based on ( i assume ) the environment he grew up in.

if the indians organization doesn't have a problem with it, why do you?

or is it disrespecting the game? from fans of a team who once played in shorts?

copyhead
07-22-2004, 07:52 PM
why thank you

sorry if i came across as defensive there :cower:

FightingBillini
07-22-2004, 08:07 PM
I am surprised that MLB doesnt put a stop to those jackasses who wear their hat sideways.
In the name of keeing a "uniform", they have made rules in the last couple years to outlaw pitchers cutting the seams under their sleeves, outlawed writing on the hat with marker, limit how baggy the uniforms can be, and make sure that pants dont come past the shoetops.

While Sabastarda says it honors his HS team, he does it to be different. I think its only a matter of time before MLB steps in.

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 08:38 PM
you all might want to get over it.

he has a different sense of style as you, based on ( i assume ) the environment he grew up in.

if the indians organization doesn't have a problem with it, why do you?

or is it disrespecting the game? from fans of a team who once played in shorts?
IMO, It is a uniform. I am sure there are many people in the military, police, firefighters, etc. with different "styles" based on their childhood environment, but a uniform should be properly fitted.

fquaye149
07-22-2004, 08:41 PM
IMO, It is a uniform. I am sure there are many people in the military, police, firefighters, etc. with different "styles" based on their childhood environment, but a uniform should be properly fitted.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with treating baseball uniforms with the same gravity associated with the military, police, and firefighters.

I dont' really care. I wouldn't do it if I were a ballplayer, but I don't buy the "respect the game" argument or else everyone on the astros in the 70's would be public enemy nos. 1-25

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't necessarily agree with treating baseball uniforms with the same gravity associated with the military, police, and firefighters.

I dont' really care. I wouldn't do it if I were a ballplayer, but I don't buy the "respect the game" argument or else everyone on the astros in the 70's would be public enemy nos. 1-25
I've never made that arguement. My point being anyone that wears a uniform to work (Fed Ex, UPS, airline attendants, postal workers, etc...) are held to a standard. Why not baseball players? Of course, in the end it is the team's decision. IIRC, the Phillioes have a "no facial hair" policy and it seems that the Sox have a "Mandatory (except Maggs & Frank) facial hair policy". I would just hope that a player on the Sox would never wear their uniform like that. IMO, it makes the organization look silly.

I do understand that uniforms can go with styles and trends (hence to 70's and 80's unis), but that is a TEAM look. I hope the day never comes where hats are made with the bill crooked and teams are made to wear them.

Blob
07-22-2004, 09:05 PM
I like Buehrle and SS making fun of him today with their own crooked hats.

fquaye149
07-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I've never made that arguement. My point being anyone that wears a uniform to work (Fed Ex, UPS, airline attendants, postal workers, etc...) are held to a standard. Why not baseball players? Of course, in the end it is the team's decision. IIRC, the Phillioes have a "no facial hair" policy and it seems that the Sox have a "Mandatory (except Maggs & Frank) facial hair policy". I would just hope that a player on the Sox would never wear their uniform like that. IMO, it makes the organization look silly.

I do understand that uniforms can go with styles and trends (hence to 70's and 80's unis), but that is a TEAM look. I hope the day never comes where hats are made with the bill crooked and teams are made to wear them.
I'd say we're generally on the same page. If the jndjans want to have a relaxed dress code, that's their prerogative. Steinbrenner wouldn't put up with it, but maybe it's one of the perks for playing for a crappy team (at least the past few years) that he gets to "express himself"

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2004, 09:13 PM
"Express this, C.C.": :booty:

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 09:31 PM
...maybe it's one of the perks for playing for a crappy team (at least the past few years) that he gets to "express himself"LOL...*cue Madonna music*

Lip Man 1
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
He may look like a clown but he sure as hell doesn't pitch like one. And that's all that matters doesn't it?

Lip

DoggPhood
07-22-2004, 10:46 PM
The thing here is that the Indians are a bunch of cocky little rascals. (There, I said it without cursing too badly...). Anyway, they just got their behinds kicked around in their own ballpark for 2 days. God, that made me happy.

OurBitchinMinny
07-22-2004, 10:56 PM
No question he looks like an idiot, but Id be able to deal with it if he was in our rotation. He is a hell of a talent and only 24. Maybe we could trade our 24 year old starter for him. That should be in teal, but damn it im lazy

nasox
07-23-2004, 12:40 AM
I was kidding, hence the banana.

You can join the rest of the non Sox fans that post here regularly, there are quite a few of them, even a few Cub fans.

:)
uicjason, ala fridaythe13thjason is a prime example.

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 08:11 AM
You are after my own heart! :cool:

I started a poll on this very subject about a month ago and WSI voters gave a resounding THUMBS DOWN to C.C. Clown Shoes and his "rodeo clown" stylin's.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35396&highlight=sabathia+rodeo+clown

ClaudelSleptHere
07-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Every time I see him pitch, I think I've stumbled onto "turn back the clock day." But, "no talent whatsoever???" I can't quite agree with that (sister and brother).

joeynach
07-23-2004, 09:49 AM
I totally agree, he looks like a total idiot.
I think him and his butt buddies gerut, crisp, and lawton are the onyl gang in the wonderful city, oops i mean dump, known as cleveland.