PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti implies that people who rip Sosa are "racist."

Viva Magglio
09-28-2001, 11:05 AM
He also seems to question the patriotism of anyone who thinks what Sosa did last night was bush.

Fisk Fan
09-28-2001, 11:14 AM
So-So is a product of a marketing machine so powerful that it controls the television, radio and newspaper. The idiotic thing is that it was pre-meditated. Keep in mind that many players hit home-runs much earlier than So-So and did not try to capitilize on the tragedy for personal benefits.

Didn't he carry a flag into right field as well? Where did he put the flag?

Is he even a U.S. citizen?

Iwritecode
09-28-2001, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Didn't he carry a flag into right field as well? Where did he put the flag?

Is he even a U.S. citizen?

Yes, when he took the field in the first inning he did his usual sprint out there and then curve around towards right field. He was carrying a flag at the time. Them some dude came out and took it from him.

He was born in the Dominician(sp?) Republic. He is probably a legal US citizen by now.

GASHWOUND
09-28-2001, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
He also seems to question the patriotism of anyone who thinks what Sosa did last night was bush.

What do you expect from "the Beave."

There's nothing racist about the situation. My problem is that he did it to make him more "lovable." Maybe if had happened the first day when baeball resumed after the tragedy and was spontanious. No one else did anything like this in baseball, no Yankee player, no Mets player, nobody. CArrying the flag around the bases after hitting the HR wasn't bad enough, why would you take a curtain call???? Why? It doesn't make sense. Their is no reason to take a curtain all. What pisses me off is he did it to put him in the spotlight and to endure hm to the national public even more.
I suppose he wouldn't know his antics wouldn't be on every sports show highlights, and every radio show. Nooo, he wouldn't have know any of that would happen. When reporters interviewed him ast night his response was "I had to to do what I had to do" and "I'm not trying to show up anybody" Oh sam_ME?
What makes you the spokes person for America? I would be criticizing someone else if I thought they were just doing it to promote himself and had other interior motives. Trust me. But it just happened to be you Sosa, the only player in baseball who had this ingenious idea of 'shammy" all of us. Its great when you see people carryng the flag around, but when its not for the right reason and right motives, and only to make people love you more...I have a problem with that.

Randar68
09-28-2001, 03:41 PM
Gash pretty well covered it, my thoughts exactly...

NUCatsFan
09-28-2001, 03:55 PM
Dropped a note to Todd Wright (host of AllNight on ESPN Radio; seems like a cool guy from the responses I've gotten from him). Simply asked his opinion of Sosa's thing. Here's his response:

Surprised somebody didn't do it sooner...and with a bigger flag.

It was fine.

He is right, though. It was only a matter of time before someone did it. I don't agree that it was right of anyone to do something like that, but I am surprised that it didn't happen sooner.