PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano gets 5 games and fine.Hawkins gets 3 games.

Grobber33
07-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Bob Watson lowered the boom on Carlos Zambrano for 5 games for throwing at & hitting Jim Edmonds Monday. LaTroy Hawkins got just 3 games for his meltdown Tuesday-no doubt since he is a relief pitcher.More in the game notes at www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com/)

cheeses_h_rice
07-22-2004, 04:47 PM
I love how these 5-game suspensions have almost zilch impact on starting pitchers. They miss one start.

Big freakin' whoop. How 'bout making them miss 5 starts instead?

Grobber33
07-22-2004, 04:49 PM
I love how these 5-game suspensions have almost zilch impact on starting pitchers. They miss one start.

Big freakin' whoop. How 'bout making them miss 5 starts instead?That's easy,and you darned well why.. Because Donnie Fehr would step in arm in arm with Gene Orza and say 'You Cant Do That!!!'.
But that works for all teams the same--even the Sox.

These Guys can appeal and then call it off and serve the time whenever they want. Good thing crooks,and murderers cant decide when to serve THEIR time the way these spoiled ballplayers can!!!:angry: :angry:

CHISOXFAN13
07-22-2004, 04:51 PM
That's easy,and you darned well why.. Because Donnie Fehr would step in arm in arm with Gene Orza and say 'You Cant Do That!!!'.
But that works for all teams the same--even the Sox.

Hawkins should have received the same suspension David Ortiz did because they acted like complete asses.

Basebalalldatime
07-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Dusty is a horrible manger!!!!! He has no control over his players. To begin with Zambrano and Hawkins are complete headcases. But then Dusty shelters them. I just really hate the Cubies and Corkie:angry: :angry: :bart