PDA

View Full Version : Comcast in October

kjhanson
07-22-2004, 05:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Comcast is taking over all FSN White Sox games as of October 1st. On the schedule, the October 1st and 3rd games are scheduled to be on Fox Sports Net.

Does anyone have any information regarding the actual TV schedule for these games? Also, I go to school out in Ames, Iowa, and we got Fox Sports Net Chicago out there. Will my cable provider pick up the new Comcast station, or am I going to be left with no Chicago sports?

Thanks in advance to any of those with answers to my questions.

ewokpelts
07-22-2004, 05:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Comcast is taking over all FSN White Sox games as of October 1st. On the schedule, the October 1st and 3rd games are scheduled to be on Fox Sports Net.

Does anyone have any information regarding the actual TV schedule for these games? Also, I go to school out in Ames, Iowa, and we got Fox Sports Net Chicago out there. Will my cable provider pick up the new Comcast station, or am I going to be left with no Chicago sports?

Thanks in advance to any of those with answers to my questions.I think that station only starts on oct 1. if your sched says fsn, I think it'll be fsn.
Gene

JDub35
07-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I go to school in Iowa City, IA and if FSN doesnt pick up those games, I'm not going to be very happy. :(: I hope that isnt true!

dickallen15
07-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I go to school in Iowa City, IA and if FSN doesnt pick up those games, I'm not going to be very happy. :(: I hope that isnt true!Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawkjt
07-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Condolences to you on your school situation. You have suffered enough as a clone and now no Sox games. Go Sox and Hawks.

Soxzilla
07-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I go to school in Iowa City, IA and if FSN doesnt pick up those games, I'm not going to be very happy. :(: I hope that isnt true!
I wanted to go to IOWA, hell I was accepted and everything (Orientation etc.), but I'm too poor.

So COD is for me.:(:

........but at least i get to watch the sox!

Dadawg_77
07-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Don't worry about it, the Central will be wrapped up and playoffs will be on ESPN and Fox.

bigfoot
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
I wanted to go to IOWA, hell I was accepted and everything (Orientation etc.), but I'm too poor.

So COD is for me.:(:

........but at least i get to watch the sox!
How is it that you got left behind?

fuzzy_patters
07-22-2004, 09:40 PM
I live in an area where FSN Chicago is not my regional network, but MLB says the Sox are my local team so I have been able to watch the Sox by subscribing to the Direct TV Sports Pack that includes all the Fox Regional channels. Will the Comcast channel be part of the Direct TV Sports Pack? I cannot get the Sox on MLB Extra Innings because the league says they are my local team, so it would really suck to not get the new channel.

StockdaleForVeep
07-23-2004, 02:46 AM

Thanks in advance to any of those with answers to my questions.\

They have to be on fsn, the chicago sports comcast network cannot override existing contracts. FSN\teams have purchased those time slots as well as advertisers, so they will be on for the remainder of the season, any changes of channel for games always takes effect the next season for whatever sports franchise.

and i still wont be able to watch hawk home games.

Soxzilla
07-23-2004, 02:52 AM
How is it that you got left behind?
I just couldn't afford the money, neither could my parents. I honestly hate COD (I've been there for a year now) but hey, you can't beat cheap.

I'm getting my transcript ready now for UIC so I can have the ability to transfer for spring semester.

Oh, and with the money I saved by not going to IOWA, I'm scouraging up another form of debt when I purchased a "new" (2003) car!:redneck I define irony-hypocricy-idiocy all in one small grocery store workin' 19 year old.:bandance:

DaveIsHere
07-23-2004, 09:29 AM
I just couldn't afford the money, neither could my parents. I honestly hate COD (I've been there for a year now) but hey, you can't beat cheap.

I'm getting my transcript ready now for UIC so I can have the ability to transfer for spring semester.

Oh, and with the money I saved by not going to IOWA, I'm scouraging up another form of debt when I purchased a "new" (2003) car!:redneck I define irony-hypocricy-idiocy all in one small grocery store workin' 19 year old.:bandance:

AAHhhhh Welcom to the game of life, I love the "Well I will actually save money in the long run if I buy this new 2004 car today" thinking. I am pretty prone to that mode of thinking

joeynach
07-23-2004, 10:22 AM
\

They have to be on fsn, the chicago sports comcast network cannot override existing contracts. FSN\teams have purchased those time slots as well as advertisers, so they will be on for the remainder of the season, any changes of channel for games always takes effect the next season for whatever sports franchise.

and i still wont be able to watch hawk home games.While your right you need think a little more. Why would the sox and cubs sign a deal where a majority of there games wouldn't get shown in iowa and picked up by other regional carriers. Doesn't make sense. Im sure the deal was layed at so that all the current fsn customers get picked up bu the new channel. I cant really see the sox and cubs signing a deal that would decrease there viewing fanbase. Think about it, my buddy lives in kalamazoo michigan. They have a comcast sports detroit that shows pistons games. He has insight cable in kalamazoo, and comcast sports detroit is a basic cable channel. He is about 150 miles from detroit.

Soxzilla
07-23-2004, 12:38 PM
AAHhhhh Welcom to the game of life, I love the "Well I will actually save money in the long run if I buy this new 2004 car today" thinking. I am pretty prone to that mode of thinking
Precisely. I mean why not pay for the car now when I'm at home and going to college so I can save up for a house/apartment towards the end of my college days?

It's genius I tells yah!

...No, not really.:(: But the credit will look good though.:bandance:

bigfoot
07-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Precisely. I mean why not pay for the car now when I'm at home and going to college so I can save up for a house/apartment towards the end of my college days?

It's genius I tells yah!

...No, not really.:(: But the credit will look good though.:bandance:
You have a bright future awaiting you, 'Zilla'. As an accountant in Federal Government. In fact, if you take a few days off in the next month or so, you could be on the election committees of both political parties.
~When you graduate from college, and you wish to buy that house, you'll have a 5-7 year old car and a small/large pile of debt from college loans. Search far and wide for grants and scholarships. Grants, not loans....get as many as you can....a few hundred $ may look small, until you have to pay it back w/interest. It's worth the computer/paperwork time.