PDA

View Full Version : Indians crush right handed pitching!!

joeynach
07-22-2004, 03:40 PM
I am very afriad going into tonights game. Last night i was confident with Buehrle in there to shut down the powerhouse lefties of the tribe. With a lefty on the bump we turn around thier switch hitter to the right side where they are weaker and force them to play more righties, which are weakers players than their lefties. The last time i saw them face right handed pitching they mudered loiaza. Coming back from 6 down to take the lead. They have 8 left handed hitters in there against righties that all hit near 300 against righties. Granted Garcia is probably the best righty for the job with his great stuff, but still they have the potential. Every ball left up or hanging will be crushed. Its important for Garcia to get ahead and keep the ball down. Although scared of the indians against right handed pitching there is no one i would rather have out there tonite that Garcia. Lets get behind Freddy and shut down the tribe and show them Good Pitching always beats good hitting. They can eat his 3.35 era all night for all im concerned.

Go SOX!

habibharu
07-22-2004, 03:44 PM
not to mention that we cant do anything against sabathia! tonights game is gonna be very tough to win

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=habibharu]not to mention that we cant do anything against sabathia! tonights game is gonna be very tough to win[ (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,0)/QUOTE]
We'll score a couple tonight off cc. That's great if the Indians crush right handed pitching, Freddy isn't your normal right handed pitcher, if Freddy is pitching the way he normally does, the Indians won't do anything.

oeo
07-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, if Freddy pitches like he did against Oakland, he's going to be a-okay. Besides, this is Loazia we're talking about.

OzzieBall2004
07-22-2004, 04:23 PM
God, can we just let them play the game and stop worrying about crap like this. We rocked a guy who had 2 good outings against us this year yesterday. Let Freddy pitch and let Freddy win. Remember that win in Oakland? If he brings the same stuff, I'd take Freddy against So-fat-thia any day of the week.

If he wins today, he matches his win total for his first half tenure in Seattle. I bet he knows that and will use it as a confidence boost. 4 wins outta 5 starts aint bad. Too bad I was there when he lost against Anaheim.

Iguana775
07-22-2004, 04:58 PM
God, can we just let them play the game and stop worrying about crap like this. We rocked a guy who had 2 good outings against us this year yesterday. Let Freddy pitch and let Freddy win. Remember that win in Oakland? If he brings the same stuff, I'd take Freddy against So-fat-thia any day of the week.

If he wins today, he matches his win total for his first half tenure in Seattle. I bet he knows that and will use it as a confidence boost. 4 wins outta 5 starts aint bad. Too bad I was there when he lost against Anaheim.
What are you talking about...

:chickenlittle

spanishwhite
07-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Not today!!!

Jesus, Is Freddy developing even further than before like Schmidt did when he went over to the Giants.

Ive followed the Sox for 15 years and I dont remember off hand a pitcher that had a 10k/9 and 4:1 k/bb ratio or that's what he has done with us so far.

Im missing Olivo the way he is hitting but Freddy sure is making me think Miguel who??

nasox
07-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Eat Crow.

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=habibharu]not to mention that we cant do anything against sabathia! tonights game is gonna be very tough to win[ (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,0)/QUOTE]
We'll score a couple tonight off cc. That's great if the Indians crush right handed pitching, Freddy isn't your normal right handed pitcher, if Freddy is pitching the way he normally does, the Indians won't do anything.
Told ya so.:neener:

Blob
07-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Some people have some 'splaining to do!

doublem23
07-22-2004, 10:55 PM
:)

There's a lesson to be learned here; wait until the end of the game to freak out.

oldcomiskey
07-23-2004, 05:42 AM
they really killed right handers tonight--only thing they killed was flies and time. and the Indian announcers were talking during the pre game of Wedenesdays game about how the Indians can be right in the thick of the race if they sweep chicago---just remeber what you get if you take the first letter off sweep

SSN721
07-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Well that prediction really held out. :D:

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Wow, Fast Freddy is the MAN! That was a beautiful game. A beautiful little series!
18 innings, no Cleveland runs. BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!
One for Burly-Mon: :yup:
One for Fast Freddy::yup:

thepaulbowski
07-23-2004, 08:55 AM
:)

There's a lesson to be learned here; wait until the end of the game to freak out.
OMG, we are all going to die....the Tigers are going to sweep us, Crazy Carl & Carlos are going to get hurt, pieces of concrete are going to fall on everyone at the game, & the Rat Pack impersonators are going to get sick and not be able to perform. Things just couldn't get any worse, we are all doomed.

joeynach
07-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Well that prediction really held out. :D:
I stand my my words, they are a fact. However i will eat them for tonights performance becuase Freddy was a such a stud. Which is awsome cuz he is on my fantasy team too, he is a k machine.