PDA

View Full Version : Has Frank been on the bench?

Soxzilla
07-22-2004, 03:28 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I unfortunately don't normally get to watch the white sox play on tv, since I work nights 6 days a week:(. And if I do happen to catch a game, I only get to see a part of it (I missed ALL of burlymon's gem last night). I was just wondering if Frank has been in the dugout since he has been injured?

joeynach
07-22-2004, 03:31 PM
No, at least i didn't see him.

zach23
07-22-2004, 03:32 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I unfortunately don't normally get to watch the white sox play on tv, since I work nights 6 days a week:(. And if I do happen to catch a game, I only get to see a part of it (I missed ALL of burlymon's gem last night). I was just wondering if Frank has been in the dugout since he has been injured?

I doubt it. If he is, they haven't shown him. My guess he is at home keeping his weight off that foot as much as possible.

Sebastian
07-22-2004, 03:32 PM
LOL. What do you think?

:gulp: In all honesty, he's still got to sell his house and pay child support and alimony, so flying across the country to sit on a piece of wood for 3 hours a night ain't too realistic. The man has bigger fish to smoke.

PorkChopExpress
07-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't think so because Buehrle said on the Rome show that Frank called him to congratulate him. To me that means he was not at the game.

Soxzilla
07-22-2004, 03:35 PM
LOL. What do you think?

:gulp: In all honesty, he's still got to sell his house and pay child support and alimony, so flying across the country to sit on a piece of wood for 3 hours a night ain't too realistic. The man has bigger fish to smoke.
LOL oh crap I completely forgot about the road swing. My bad. You think he'll be at the cell for the series against the tigers and twins?

Sebastian
07-22-2004, 03:43 PM
If it were a minor injury that put him out 15 days, maybe. However, Franks's going to be out 6 weeks at the very minimum, so him not being in the dugout isn't a big deal. Let him rest and recoop, I say. If he wants to come to the park to see the guys, he can. Sitting in the dugout isn't something I expect him to do while he's out.

steff
07-22-2004, 03:45 PM
LOL. What do you think?

It helps your case if you know what you're talking about. His house sold nearly a year ago.

Mickster
07-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Selfish bastard. Now we can't use him as a decoy! :D:

DrummerGeorgefan
07-22-2004, 03:50 PM
LOL oh crap I completely forgot about the road swing. My bad. You think he'll be at the cell for the series against the tigers and twins?
I hope Ozzie has a call to Frank and makes him sit on the bench. For those games at home, the crowd should be wild and Frank should be there, as he suprisingly has been all year, to give the first high five and root things on

Cubbiesuck13
07-22-2004, 03:51 PM
also, the Oz has said that he 'doesn't care about Frank, Frank is not on my team right now; just like when Mags was out and I didn't worry about him'. I think that when it gets closer to Frank returning and when he is going through his workouts again the Oz will pay more attention and demand to know where Frank is just like Mags.