PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Cubs fans... again

Realist
07-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Sorry, Cubs fans... again (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=sportoon/040721)

Tuesday's loss knocked the Cubs 10 games out of first place. While they theoretically remain in the wild card hunt, it's become clear they're never going to get it together this season.
Somebody get me a Pop-o-matic.... QUICK! :D:

Cubbiesuck13
07-22-2004, 04:45 PM
i don't believe that was on epsn.com. that seems like something a sox fan would do. or at least someone who was tired of the scrubbies b.s.

could it be? is the national media finally tired of the song and dance routine that is the chicago national league team? there maybe hope...

Baby Fisk
07-22-2004, 04:53 PM
i don't believe that was on epsn.com. that seems like something a sox fan would do. or at least someone who was tired of the scrubbies b.s.

could it be? is the national media finally tired of the song and dance routine that is the chicago national league team? there maybe hope...It's like the cycles of nature:

Every winter, the Cubbie Cultists are told to WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR, with the promise of victory and glory at long last.

Every spring, the Cubbie Cultists whip themselves into FEVER PITCH, believing that their World Series triumph is a few sweet months away.

Every summer, the DREADED SWOON hits the Cubbie Cultists like the monsoons in asia with such predictability you could set your watch to it, heralding another season of disappointment.

Every fall, the Cubbie Cultists revel in their LOVEABLE LOSERS status, soon to blissfully forget the tragedy that just unfolded and get ready for another serving of BS from the Cubbie marketing machine.

ESPN is on to this. They know the Cubs will never win. They are just playing out the same pageant that unfolds every season. Woo Woo! :cool: