PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Rumors

kjhanson
07-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Although probably as incredulous as all other sources, there is a Boston newspaper website which has a "Buzz" that is updated each day. I've been checking it for about a week now, and they seem to be up on the hottest current rumors. However, take everything with a grain of salt. In the past three weeks, all these players were "rumored" to be heading to the Red Sox:

Randy Johnson, Terry Adams, Carl Pavano, Larry Walker, Carlos Beltran, Frank Catalanotto, Carlos Delgado, John Olereud, Roger Clemens, Miguel Batista, Doug Mientkiewicz, Barry Zito and Jamie Moyer.

At least we're consistent with out rumors. They seem to be all over the place. Nonetheless, here is the link...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/thebuzz/

Baby Fisk
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
. In the past three weeks, all these players were "rumored" to be heading to the Red Sox:

Randy Johnson, Terry Adams, Carl Pavano, Larry Walker, Carlos Beltran, Frank Catalanotto, Carlos Delgado, John Olereud, Roger Clemens, Miguel Batista, Doug Mientkiewicz, Barry Zito and Jamie Moyer.
Good Grief! Is there a number less than zero for credibility here? :o:

Boston fans are uniquely deranged and this is a product of competing head to head with the Evil Empire. Steinbrenner will never be short for cash or chutzpah, so whenever the Yanks have a hole, he goes out and fills it with the best player available. He does this at will, and Boston always gets screwed as a result. Boston fans have been watching this happen year after year and it's driven them all insane. So every year, as they watch King George rule with a fistfull of dollars, they go into this demented fantasy mode and dream about players they would not only love to have, BUT KEEP THE YANKEES FROM HAVING. Sadly, year after year, their dreams turn into ashes.

Cubbiesuck13
07-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Good Grief! Is there a number less than zero for credibility here? :o:

Boston fans are uniquely deranged and this is a product of competing head to head with the Evil Empire. Steinbrenner will never be short for cash or chutzpah, so whenever the Yanks have a hole, he goes out and fills it with the best player available. He does this at will, and Boston always gets screwed as a result. Boston fans have been watching this happen year after year and it's driven them all insane. So every year, as they watch King George rule with a fistfull of dollars, they go into this demented fantasy mode and dream about players they would not only love to have, BUT KEEP THE YANKEES FROM HAVING. Sadly, year after year, their dreams turn into ashes.

the red sox are no better than the yankees in terms of buying teams. they are just worse at winning games.

1. NY Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=nyy)183,335,5132. Boston (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=bos)125,208,542-from espn (so take it with a grain of salt)

that is not a whole lotta difference when you ask yourself who the red sox tried to get that the yankees did and then add their salaries.

OurBitchinMinny
07-22-2004, 06:14 PM
The Twins are gonna get kris benson Im pretty sure, from hearing the talk and reading papers up here. I hope not:mad:

SOXSINCE'70
07-22-2004, 07:14 PM
The Twins are gonna get kris benson Im pretty sure, from hearing the talk and reading papers up here. I hope not:mad:
Benson is too inconsistent for my liking.I'll take Freddy Garcia anyday.:bandance:

YAHOO!!MY 500TH POST!!TONIGHT,I AM A SOX PERSONALITY!!!!:bandance: :bandance:

The Cheat
07-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Everything I've read says that Bucs want Morneau, and there's no way Minny gives him up... I've even heard of a deal including Cuddyer getting turned down... If Benson goes to the Twinks, it wont be until the 31st in an 11th hour deal...

OurBitchinMinny
07-22-2004, 11:02 PM
I agree. The buccos have to lower their demand I think, unless the twins have a complete change of heart. Apparently ryan will not conisider trading morneau, scott baker, or jesse crain. Morneau is up with the big club now. Crain is on his way most likely in august (out of the pen). And baker is going to be in the rotation next spring, unless the twins dont pull the trigger on a deal by the 31st and mullholland and lohse falter. Terry ryan is much more protective of his minor league talent then KW. Im not ripping KW and I like the deal hes made. Some twins fans are starting to get pissed that he wont deal. THey sense that this may be their last chance with cleveland building a solid team and we will only get better. Pohlad is probably gonna cut payroll which may mean radke is gone, and santana is up after this year too (he would look good on the south side).

milrtyme28
07-23-2004, 03:07 AM
twins adding payroll? I thought they were just talking about reducing payroll? Even if they do get him, I dont think that benson is enough of an impact player to keep the SOX from this division championship

34 Inch Stick
07-23-2004, 07:57 AM
I think the Twins will wait to see what happens early next week against the Sox before they make their deal. If they lose 3 they will be desperate.