PDA

View Full Version : Paulies Baserunning Goof

hawkjt
07-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Just glad that it occurred in a laugher altho at the time it was still close. I am sure that it wouldn't happen again. Cost Juan a basehit. Very embarrassing to be caught napping like that. Vizqeul does a complete leaps in the air comes down and does a complete 360 and still gets Paulie at third when paul was off with the crack of the bat. He noticebly slowed up and did not slide cuz he assumed Vizquel was going to first. He did a mea culpa to juan afterward as he should. Maybe buy the kid dinner on the road later. No harm no foul but I will bet in Kangeroo Court he will be paying.

FarWestChicago
07-22-2004, 02:21 PM
He noticebly slowed up...How can Wheels noticeably slow up? http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

SSN721
07-22-2004, 02:41 PM
How can Wheels noticeably slow up? http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

LOL, I thought he was charging at full speed.
:tongue:

soxnut
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Quite honestly, I think PK is going to be the downfall of the Sox at some point this year. To me, he just seems to have his head up his "you know what" too many times.:mad:

nasox
07-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Quite honestly, I think PK is going to be the downfall of the Sox at some point this year. To me, he just seems to have his head up his "you know what" too many times.:mad:

Well, we could get the choice back to save PK of those duties.....:tongue:

LuvSox
07-22-2004, 03:51 PM
I've thought that too. Sometimes it seems he isn't into the game at all.

Sebastian
07-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah. let's complain about a guy who's batting sixth and has better or comparable numbers to any 1B in the league. Great idea.

OzzieBall2004
07-22-2004, 05:43 PM
So many of you are like goddamn Cubs fans....Worried about PK being the downfall? Playing with his head up his browneye? So many of you feel like we have this impending doom. Go to the north side and support those bastards. We worry when we have reason to worry. They can't not worry. Worry about Frank being out for a long time, worry about Crede swinging a crap stick all year, worry about Uribe's slump, worry about not having a clear cut #1 catcher, worry about Loaiza being shaky, worry about Garland and Schoenweis' inconsistencies.....BUT WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS, NOT A DAMN BASERUNNING ERROR IN A FRIGGIN' BLOWOUT.
:angry: :mad: :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad: :angry:

LuvSox
07-22-2004, 07:29 PM
So many of you are like goddamn Cubs fans....Worried about PK being the downfall? Playing with his head up his browneye? So many of you feel like we have this impending doom. Go to the north side and support those bastards. We worry when we have reason to worry. They can't not worry. Worry about Frank being out for a long time, worry about Crede swinging a crap stick all year, worry about Uribe's slump, worry about not having a clear cut #1 catcher, worry about Loaiza being shaky, worry about Garland and Schoenweis' inconsistencies.....BUT WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS, NOT A DAMN BASERUNNING ERROR IN A FRIGGIN' BLOWOUT.
Relax. Sometimes he has his head up his arse, that's all.

owensmouth
07-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Why not criticize the third base coach? He should have told PK to slide.

soxnut
07-23-2004, 12:32 AM
You need to relax. And maybe you haven't paid attention to some of the dumb things this guy has done over the past few years. It is an observation, that, if something goes wrong, I feel more than likely it will be because of PK and not just because of his baserunning error. Btw..worry about something that matters? Why worry about anything? You can't do anything about any of those things, it's stupid to worry, it doesn't do any good. :whiner: :redneck

soxnut
07-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah. let's complain about a guy who's batting sixth and has better or comparable numbers to any 1B in the league. Great idea.
Numbers don't always tell the whole story. You could bat 1.000 but still have your head up your arse and lose the game.

TornLabrum
07-23-2004, 01:32 AM
You need to relax. And maybe you haven't paid attention to some of the dumb things this guy has done over the past few years. It is an observation, that, if something goes wrong, I feel more than likely it will be because of PK and not just because of his baserunning error. Btw..worry about something that matters? Why worry about anything? You can't do anything about any of those things, it's stupid to worry, it doesn't do any good. :whiner: :redneck
:jerry

"Don't worry...be happy..."

Aidan
07-23-2004, 01:40 AM
:jerry

"Don't worry...be happy...":jerry

"Yeah, even if we lose a few games we always end the season with a winning record!"