PDA

View Full Version : Buerhle on Rome next hour

bartmanisgod
07-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Buerels will be on the Jim Rome show sometime from 12:00 - 1:00 on espn radio 1000

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Burly-mon come on soon cause the way this guy talks is driving me crazy!

Can there be anymore dead air on his show????

Mickster
07-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Burly-mon come on soon cause the way this guy talks is driving me crazy!

Can there be anymore dead air on his show????http://www.foxsports1290.com/On_Air_Talent/Jim_Rome/rome80x110.jpg
"Phe...nominal"

Brian26
07-22-2004, 01:23 PM
This guy has more dead air than Dahl's show. :D:

DaveIsHere
07-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Let us know what is said

patbooyah
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
tell me about it! and joy and dave with their constant snickering! talk about yes-men! mancow rules!

Jjav829
07-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Let us know what is saidI don't remember it all. He talked about the importance of Strike 1. Touched on Shingo and his ability to get guys out with a fastball in the 80s and a 50 MPH change. He mentioned that the reason Shingo struggled in Spring Training was because he threw a lot of first pitch fastballs which guys will take in Japan but swing at here. The biggest thing though was when Rome asked about Maggs. Buehrle said that he keeps hearing a lot in the media about Maggs being far away but says that when he talked to Maggs, Maggs said just wait until they get back to Chicago. He didn't really know what that meant but speculated that it could mean they are closer than we think they are, or that Maggs is going to talk to Reinsdorf.

Bruck35
07-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Buerhle came on the show and basically said a lot of what he's already said regarding last night's performance, like telling the players to play loose and don't get injured, etc. The most interesting part IMO came when Rome asked him about Maggs, whether Mark thought Maggs would be resigned or traded and how that'd effect the team.

Buerhle basically made it sound like he wouldn't be surprised if Maggs was traded, but that Maggs told him to "wait until they get back to Chicago". Buerhle speculated that maybe that meant Maggs would talk to JR then or maybe a contract extension would be announced when they returned home...but it sounded like Mark was just guessing. Never-the-less, it was good to hear optimism about resigning Maggs from someone on the team.

Let's hope for some good news come Friday!

Kogs35
07-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Buerhle came on the show and basically said a lot of what he's already said regarding last night's performance, like telling the players to play loose and don't get injured, etc. The most interesting part IMO came when Rome asked him about Maggs, whether Mark thought Maggs would be resigned or traded and how that'd effect the team.

Buerhle basically made it sound like he wouldn't be surprised if Maggs was traded, but that Maggs told him to "wait until they get back to Chicago". Buerhle speculated that maybe that meant Maggs would talk to JR then or maybe a contract extension would be announced when they returned home...but it sounded like Mark was just guessing. Never-the-less, it was good to hear optimism about resigning Maggs from someone on the team.

its good to hear that there optimism about resigning maggs from some1 on the team. i would take it on friday but it would be awesome if it happened on sunday after the game or monday before or after the twins game

Flight #24
07-22-2004, 02:09 PM

That would be amazing, plus it would free up Borchard to be dealt to the Pirates along with Uribe & Munoz for Benson+Kendall+$30mil (dropping Kendall's deal to like $3mil/yr).

Mickster
07-22-2004, 02:20 PM
That would be amazing, plus it would free up Borchard to be dealt to the Pirates along with Uribe & Munoz for Benson+Kendall+$30mil (dropping Kendall's deal to like $3mil/yr).Need this?
http://shop.grasscity.com/images/item_detail/bo45_400.jpg

mcfish
07-22-2004, 02:26 PM
I caught the interview by accident because I happened to be driving to lunch at the time, and it was an excellent interview by both Rome and Buerhle. Talked about the game for a few minutes - Rome seemed very impressed by Buerhle's outing, then talked about the division and the fact that the Sox haven't played the Tigers yet. Asked if Mark thought it would be a 4-team race or just 2 - Mark said hopefully 2, but the Tigers are a team to look out for. Talked about Maggs, as other posters have said. All in all, a very good, positive White Sox interview from Jim Rome.

Flight #24
07-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Need this?
http://shop.grasscity.com/images/item_detail/bo45_400.jpg
Hence the deeppink......

Mickster
07-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Hence the deeppink......
Deep pink is a pipe dream. Your post couldn't even qualify...... :tongue:

SSN721
07-22-2004, 02:39 PM
It was nice to get a little national pub, but still suprised on the lack of coverage on most of the other national shows. I have to think if it was a Red Sock, Yankee or Cub it would have been a little bigger of a deal.

Iwritecode
07-22-2004, 03:19 PM

Frank Caliendo (the guy from MAD TV that does the John Madden impersonation) did a great Rome impersonation on the Bob & Tom show once. It's on one of their CD's but I don't remember which one.

:D:

Huisj
07-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I thought it was quite a solid interview too. Rome's show can be a little strange at time, and people either love it or hate it a lot of the time, but one thing that is consistent is that he is a good interviewer. He always knows the facts about stuff going on with the people he is interviewing, so he knows what questions to ask--he does his homework. As strange as it may sound, I really think he's one of the more knowledgable sports talk hosts out there--he makes sure he knows a lot about a lot of stuff.

sendimjoey
07-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Frank Caliendo (the guy from MAD TV that does the John Madden impersonation) did a great Rome impersonation on the Bob & Tom show once. It's on one of their CD's but I don't remember which one.

:D:
Did you see Caliendo impersonate Jim Rome on the Fox football pregame show last year? I laughed so hard, I wasn't hungover anymore :D: . He did Rome interviewing Al Davis, which Caliendo also did (it's taped, of course). My favorite Romeism Caliendo did was: "I'm going to pause now for no apparent reason ... that was a GREAT pause."

If Fox put all of Caliendo's skits from last year on a DVD, I'd buy it.

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 03:51 PM
I thought it was quite a solid interview too. Rome's show can be a little strange at time, and people either love it or hate it a lot of the time, but one thing that is consistent is that he is a good interviewer. He always knows the facts about stuff going on with the people he is interviewing, so he knows what questions to ask--he does his homework. As strange as it may sound, I really think he's one of the more knowledgable sports talk hosts out there--he makes sure he knows a lot about a lot of stuff.
That was the first interview I have heard by Rome. I agree, it was a very good interview. However, I just can't...............stand to listen..............to Rome alone.

nasox
07-22-2004, 03:56 PM
That was the first interview I have heard by Rome. I agree, it was a very good interview. However, I just can't...............stand to listen..............to Rome alone.

He is a jagoff, but a talented one. I love watching him get tackled by that quarterback on TV....classic.

Iwritecode
07-22-2004, 04:30 PM
My favorite Romeism Caliendo did was: "I'm going to pause now for no apparent reason ... that was a GREAT pause."

I love that. On the B&T skit, he read a fax on the air.

"This is a GREAT fax." ... "Hold on while I read it." ... (sounds of paper rattling) "I always have to hold the fax next to the microphone or else I don't think you believe I really have one."

:)