PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead

LASOXFAN
07-22-2004, 10:57 AM
No disrespect to the Tigers (okay, maybe a little), but I can't help but look ahead to the Twins series match ups:

Monday: Buehrle vs. Radke
Tuesday: Garcia vs. Santana
Wednesday: Loiza vs. Silva

I like the Sox' chances of taking two of three. No offense to Garcia, but Santana has been nearly unbeatable for the last few starts, going 2-1 with a 0.72 ERA. He hasn't given up more than 4 runs in a game since May 23rd!

Blob
07-22-2004, 11:06 AM
No disrespect to the Tigers (okay, maybe a little), but I can't help but look ahead to the Twins series match ups:

I like the Sox' chances of taking two of three. No offense to Garcia, but Santana has been nearly unbeatable for the last few starts, going 2-1 with a 0.72 ERA. He hasn't given up more than 4 runs in a game since May 23rd!
I understand your point but Santana gave up two runs against us and lost.

SoxxoS
07-22-2004, 11:26 AM
All I know is we are MAJORLY overdue to hit BRadke.

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 11:28 AM
All I know is we are MAJORLY overdue to hit BRadke.We crushed him last matchup. That Garcia vs. Santana matchup should be something to watch. I like the Buehrle vs. Radke matchup, Garcia vs. Santana should be one heck of a game, Silva vs. Loaiza also seems like a wash to me, we've been able to hit Silva hard but I'm not to confident in Esteban right now but hopefully he'll turn it around.

Tekijawa
07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
That's why if I were Kenny Williams I would do everything in my power to get him next year... I would make HIM the biggest priority of the off season, while everyone else is out chasing all other Free agents, I'm pretty sure the Twins won't be able to affoard him!

Cowch44
07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Let's hope Loaiza's on track by then.

LASOXFAN
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
That's why if I were Kenny Williams I would do everything in my power to get him next year... I would make HIM the biggest priority of the off season, while everyone else is out chasing all other Free agents, I'm pretty sure the Twins won't be able to affoard him!
wow, that would be huge to get him. he's devastating when he's on.

Daver
07-22-2004, 09:04 PM

The Tigers owned the Sox last year, and have done nothing but get better.

soxwon
07-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Major Prediction

WE WILL SWEEP THE TWINKS.
Our pitching is HOTTT.
We are Home and when we leave we will be in first by 3

ma_deuce
07-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Two out of three is fine with me. No need to get greedy. :rolleyes:

Deuce

HomeFish
07-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Wow. Loaiza vs Silva in the Cell is going to be one heck of a high-scoring game.

34 Inch Stick
07-23-2004, 08:28 AM
All three games are good matchups. There is not one where you can say "win" by looking at the matchup. The Sox are at home which should give them 2 out of 3.

Santana is in his 5th year. Twins have him for at least 1 more.

LASOXFAN
07-23-2004, 11:06 AM
The Tigers owned the Sox last year, and have done nothing but get better.
I can't wait to see how the Sox approach them this year - I think it will say a lot about this team.

3Peater
07-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Santana won't be a free agent; he just had his first year of arbitration eligibility this year. MN won't lose him.

Guys like Jones/Koskie will be gone for sure, along with their 4 Mill contracts.

The Twins/Sox series will be an excellent one; MN has been pitching well since the Chicago series. Buehrle will need 2 runs to win the first game; Silva struggles against any decent hitting team(witness his blunders vs Detroit), and the Twins have done OK vs Loaiza.

The series will come down to MN pitchers keeping the ball in the park.