PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sammy speaks

Maximo
07-22-2004, 08:38 AM
In an apparent attempt to demonstrate what an excellent team leader he is and to try to do something to rally the troops, "Capt. Sammy" spoke with the media after yesterday's game. Mind you, it was after he hit the game winning homerun and after receiving boos from the fans for striking out twice in key situations.(for which he was both surprised and hurt)

I'm paraphrasing.....

"It's hard to play when the fans respond that way (booing). It puts more pressure on the everyday players to get a hit or make a good throw. What we need from the fans is a little love"

Hey Sammy......what the hell is your excuse when the fans do love you and you overthrow the cut-off man 30-40 times a season!!!!

Steroid abusin, cork usin, cheatin, shallow, selfish, narcissistic Horse's Ass!!!!

thepaulbowski
07-22-2004, 08:39 AM
In an apparent attempt to demonstrate what an excellent team leader he is and to try to do something to rally the troops, "Capt. Sammy" spoke with the media after yesterday's game. Mind you, it was after he hit the game winning homerun and after receiving boos from the fans for striking out twice in key situations.(for which he was both surprised and hurt)

I'm paraphrasing.....

"It's hard to play when the fans respond that way (booing). It puts more pressure on the everyday players to get a hit or make a good throw. What we need from the fans is a little love"

Hey Sammy......what the hell is your excuse when the fans do love you and you overthrow the cut-off man 30-40 times a season!!!!

Steroid abusin, cork usin, cheatin, shallow, selfish, narcissistic Horse's Ass!!!!

I've heard that about three times and can't hardly make out what he saying.

DaveIsHere
07-22-2004, 08:41 AM
This topic was thoroughly runinto the ground on the SCore this morning, the briefly mentioned a 2-hitter by Buehlre and then went on about how well sammy's english is....***?????

TornLabrum
07-22-2004, 08:45 AM
This topic was thoroughly runinto the ground on the SCore this morning, the briefly mentioned a 2-hitter by Buehlre and then went on about how well sammy's english is....***?????
Just the SOSO from Murphy.

bobj4400
07-22-2004, 08:45 AM
If Prior or Wood had thrown the game that Buehrle did last night, Murph would have an orgasm on the air. Instead, I havent heard him even mention it.

Mickster
07-22-2004, 08:53 AM
:shammy
:hug: "What we need from the fans is a little love" :hug:

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2004, 09:27 AM

What the world needs now is love sweet love
What the world needs now

Lord, we don't need another meadow
There are cornfields and wheat fields enough to grow
There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine
Listen Lord, if you want to know
http://tinypic.com/x1mq :)

Maximo
07-22-2004, 09:30 AM
What the world needs now

I'm so misty-eyed right now....I can't function.

SSN721
07-22-2004, 09:32 AM

lol
What an ass clown this guy is. I like how he passes the buck to the other players too. Didnt even say it puts more pressure on himself to do better. Just the everyday players.

Hokiesox
07-22-2004, 09:33 AM
:chunks

ma_deuce
07-22-2004, 10:59 AM
I would probably be really ticked by what he said, if I could actually understand it. :?:

Deuce

Uncle_Patrick
07-22-2004, 11:16 AM
It's just more lame "don't hate me" crap from Sosa. The guy simply can't tolerate being booed and can't possible fathom believing that he might not be performing up to snuff. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his "batting practice" bat appeared in a game very soon.

SOXSINCE'70
07-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Actually,I believe it's pronounced "Loff".You know,L_O_F_F,Loff.:rolling: :rolling:

SOXSINCE'70
07-22-2004, 12:12 PM
What the world needs now

A great Jackie DeShannon song written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach.:)

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-22-2004, 12:42 PM
I was talking to my friend today about this subject and he dug up this old, but classic sammy quote, "When Jesus Christ came here he tried to make everyone happy. He's the one guy who was close to perfect and he couldn't do it. Everybody criticized him because he was the real Messiah. So if they criticize him, what about me? That's the way this world is." This guy has to be the most insecure guy in the majors. Unfortunately he's on the cubs and he won't get crap about saying stuff like this since the media is so biased. :angry:

chuckn98229
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
C'mon guys, cut poor corky a little slack. After all, he did save baseball single-handedly a couple of seasons ago!

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2004, 01:04 PM
I was talking to my friend today about this subject and he dug up this old, but classic sammy quote, "When Jesus Christ came here he tried to make everyone happy. He's the one guy who was close to perfect and he couldn't do it. Everybody criticized him because he was the real Messiah. So if they criticize him, what about me? That's the way this world is." This guy has to be the most insecure guy in the majors. Unfortunately he's on the cubs and he won't get crap about saying stuff like this since the media is so biased. :angry::barney&sham "We're so happy! Happy! Happy!"
:supernana: :happybday :supernana: