PDA

View Full Version : Sox in "02"

MikeKreevich
09-28-2001, 08:05 AM
The second half performance of this team should really get sox fans excited about next year. I'm convinced that there are good things ahead. Frank Thomas's return will give a great confidence boost to his team. We are going to get somebody back from injury to bolster this bullpen and Wells and Garland will break out. These are not pipe dreams!
These might be pipe dreams: Clayton is packaged for a catcher, Leifer plays third in winter ball and can be platooned with Crede, and Singleton discovers the weight room.
One last thing. Put Konerko on first base and leave him there for 10 years. When I read posts suggesting his trade, I just shake my head. I've been following the sox since the 50's and I don't recall a first baseman who could hit like him and field as well.

P.S. Anyone see Guzman's goat in the twins series? It's got to be the best in the Majors.

mrwag
09-28-2001, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
The second half performance of this team should really get sox fans excited about next year. I'm convinced that there are good things ahead. Frank Thomas's return will give a great confidence boost to his team. We are going to get somebody back from injury to bolster this bullpen and Wells and Garland will break out. These are not pipe dreams!
These might be pipe dreams: Clayton is packaged for a catcher, Leifer plays third in winter ball and can be platooned with Crede, and Singleton discovers the weight room.
One last thing. Put Konerko on first base and leave him there for 10 years. When I read posts suggesting his trade, I just shake my head. I've been following the sox since the 50's and I don't recall a first baseman who could hit like him and field as well.

P.S. Anyone see Guzman's goat in the twins series? It's got to be the best in the Majors.

I like your thinkin'. Hopefully management can learn from this years mistakes and get the team back together. Could be a magical year with pitching and a healthy Frank.

Paulwny
09-28-2001, 11:24 AM
I've been following the sox since the 50's and I don't recall a first baseman who could hit like him and field as well.

How about Dick Allen ??

Joel Perez
09-28-2001, 11:59 AM
And who was the left handed 1B that the Sox had in the 80s? Greg ???? AARRRGGHHH!!! On the flippin' tip of my tongue.

He was pretty steady with the glove as well. And back then, 20-25 HRs is like 35-40 HRs now.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-28-2001, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
And who was the left handed 1B that the Sox had in the 80s? Greg ???? AARRRGGHHH!!! On the flippin' tip of my tongue.

He was pretty steady with the glove as well. And back then, 20-25 HRs is like 35-40 HRs now.

Greg Walker. He retired early, but I can't remember the nature of his injury. Back trouble?

Paulwny
09-28-2001, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Greg Walker. He retired early, but I can't remember the nature of his injury. Back trouble?

Walker passed out during infield practice, they then found out he had some type of brain disorder or disease that was not treatable. What looked like a great career ended at an early age.

LongDistanceFan
09-28-2001, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

P.S. Anyone see Guzman's goat in the twins series? It's got to be the best in the Majors. Trade the fallowing players. chris, jeff, royce, rowand,

sign cedeno, and cj.

lineup
roger cedeno - cf
jv ss
big frank - dh
mags of
lee of
paulie - 1b
ray 2b
cj - cat
crede/perry - 3b

i know we really don't have left handed bat in the middle, oh well.

KempersRS
09-28-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
Trade the fallowing players. chris, jeff, royce, rowand,

sign cedeno, and cj.

lineup
roger cedeno - cf
jv ss
big frank - dh
mags of
lee of
paulie - 1b
ray 2b
cj - cat
crede/perry - 3b

i know we really don't have left handed bat in the middle, oh well.

If Perry is still around next year, and he starts...that is a big mistake, thats all I am gonna say. Second, we don't need a big lefty in the middle. Why does Jerry forget everything he did right in 2000? You'd think he would remember that season, he just doesn't get it.