PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Team

DoggPhood
07-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Who is your least favorite MLB team that is NOT the Cubs?

I'm gonna go ahead and say the Red Sox. Sure, I dislike the Yankees, but at least the Yankees get it done. The Red Sox and their fans are a bunch of whiners. And man, nobody drives me up a wall more than a Boston fan. Ugh.

As a side note, I don't really hate the Cubs. I don't root for them, but I don't root against them either. Unless they're playing the Sox. Although, I did kinda smile to myself when they melted down against the Cards on Tuesday. But I don't really like the Cardinals either. I must admit that I was kinda pulling for the Cubs against the Marlins in the playoffs last year, but when they lost, I wasn't the least bit devestated.

While I'm at it, here's my second favorite MLB team: The Brewers. Why? Because they're the Brewers. Easily the best team name in all of sports. They make beer. They have a great new ballpark. I've got nothing against Milwaukee, it's only an hour from my house. In fact, I could probably get to Miller Park faster than Comiskey Park during rush hour. (I live in the north suburbs). Anyway, I'm glad to see the BrewCrew doing well this year.

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2004, 06:52 AM
For me, no team comes close to the same hate I have for the Cubs. But, if I had to choose one it's the Yankees followed by whichever Central division team is the biggest thorn-in-the-side for the Sox. Several years ago it was the Indians, last couple of years the Twins. I've always kinda liked the Cardinals, maybe because Cub fans hate 'em.

As for the Brewers, I spent the 1st half of my life in the Chicago area, then moved to Wisconsin, not all that far from Milwaukee. Since the Brewers were in the AL and a rival of the Sox, I couldn't like 'em. In fact, I hate 'em. Since their move to the NL, they've been growing on me and now they're my second favorite team.

SOXSINCE'70
07-22-2004, 07:25 AM
:notwinks Take a guess.:cool:

Uncle_Patrick
07-22-2004, 08:21 AM
The team I hate most, even more than the Cubs, is the Twins. They're always right there with the Sox in the standings, and their players talk a bunch or smack, and then whine if a Sox player does. I'm not a big fan of the Indians, either. Always seems like there are a lot of Indians fans at the Cell when the Tribe comes to town. I'm sick of the Yankees and Red Sox, too, mostly for the losers who turn up at the Cell when these teams come to town (90%, I'm willing to bet, who are also Cubs fans), and for the obvious media bias towards these teams, as if being on the East Coast is somehow better than the rest of the country.

I don't really hate the Cubs that much, its more the bombardment of media coverage and the large contingent of morons in their fan base. I actually have many friends who are Cubs fans. No one is perfect.

I used to hate the Brewers 'cause it seemed like everytime I went to a Sox game as a kid, they were playing the Brewers. Since their move to the NL, though, and visiting Miller Park, I've kinda taken a liking to them. My favorite NL team is the Giants, though. Got a chance to visit their stadium last summer. Its fantastic.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-22-2004, 09:06 AM
The only thing that keeps me from hating Boston as much as the Cubs is that they're in Boston. It bothers me that Yankees-Red Sox attracts so much attention when the same team wins all the big games. What kind of rivalry is that?

CubsSuckMySox182
07-22-2004, 09:22 AM
When it comes to the AL, I'd have to say that the team I hate the most is the Yankees. Ugh...Well of course when you have a payroll as big as they do you're going to win alot of games! But nevertheless...The team I despise more than anything is the Cubs. The Lovable Losers...well, half of that is right anyway. I do like the Cards though. Partially because they're big Cubs rivals, but also cause I'm a big LaRussa fan. He's an amazing manager. I also like Pujols alot...three homers in ONE game against the Cubs...You gotta love that!

cbrownson13
07-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Twins, Indians, Yankees

SSN721
07-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Gotta be the Twins. They always kill our dreams of the postseason. I dont know how you cant harbor a lot of hatred towards them after what they have done to us over the last few years.

Baby Fisk
07-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Evil Empire. :angry:

whitesoxwilkes
07-22-2004, 09:50 AM
I despise the Twins more than anything. In fact, I would go so far as to say that should the Twins play the Chubs by some miracle in the World Series, I would actually "root" for the Northsiders to beat them.

I also hate the Giants (the Dodgers are my NL team).

Railsplitter
07-22-2004, 10:18 AM
The Yankees. Always the Yankees.

SoxxoS
07-22-2004, 10:28 AM
I obviously hate everyone in the central. But outside the central, the D'Backs are right up there. They are all converted Cub fans.

Realist
07-22-2004, 10:37 AM
*bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*ing Twins.

Blob
07-22-2004, 10:37 AM
The Stinkies without a doubt, then Indians, then KC. KC was pushed up there from a couple of mullet heads we met earlier in the season at the Cell. Boy, I would love to run in to them again! They kept shooting their mouths off at the game about how KC was going to kill the Central Division. HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!:roflmao:

And I hate the Yankees as well. I have a shirt to prove it.

"I LOVE NYC
But I still hate the Yankees!"

You would not have had to omit the Scrubbies for me, they are a WHOLE different kind of hatered. I hate teams in our division differently than them.

mantis1212
07-22-2004, 11:22 AM
I really Hate Oakland, always have. A little stems from when we were in the West division, bash brothers, etc. Beane has reinforced my hatred, disrespecting KW and such.

Not to mention we can't win there, ever.

Niagara
07-22-2004, 01:24 PM
The Royals. I live in Eastern Kansas, and that's what we're stuck with as far as MLB, though they are playing AA ball and charging MLB prices. The only reason to go see them is when the Sox come to the K.The Yankees suck, too.

DoggPhood
07-22-2004, 02:35 PM
People need to stop saying things like "YANKEES SUCK!" While I may not like them, and you may not like them either, they certainly do not "suck." You know who sucks? The Diamondbacks. They suck. As I said before, the Yankees get the job done, while other high payroll teams such as the Red Sox just sit around and whine.

BigEdWalsh
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
People need to stop saying things like "YANKEES SUCK!" While I may not like them, and you may not like them either, they certainly do not "suck." You know who sucks? The Diamondbacks. They suck. As I said before, the Yankees get the job done, while other high payroll teams such as the Red Sox just sit around and whine.
I think you're misconstruing what some people are saying. To say the Yankees suck doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. Just that they well....suck.:gulp: :prozac

habibharu
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
People need to stop saying things like "YANKEES SUCK!" While I may not like them, and you may not like them either, they certainly do not "suck." You know who sucks? The Diamondbacks. They suck. As I said before, the Yankees get the job done, while other high payroll teams such as the Red Sox just sit around and whine. exactly right. i really admire the yanks. how can you not? they are not doing anything wrong at all! it isnt their fault that MLB doesnt have a salary cap. steinbrenner is just willing to put a lot of his revenue back into the team, instead of pocketing it. i wish that the sox were more like the yankees!

Basebalalldatime
07-23-2004, 10:39 PM
For me it is always gonna be the freaking cubs. Dusty has no control over his players. Whats with Zambo hiting Edmonds twice. Then Hawkins what a headcase. Next I'll have to go with the Twins "Post Season Wreckers" :angry: :mad:

That's all I have to say

:supernana: :bandance: :dtroll: :supernana: :bandance: :dtroll: :booty: :duel:

RKMeibalane
07-23-2004, 10:56 PM
I actually have several teams I don't like.

1. Cubs
2. Yankees
3. Red Sox
4. Giants
5. Dodgers
6. Braves

SOXPHILE
07-23-2004, 11:03 PM
I don't even know if I can even name a team that I hate on the same level as much as I hate the Cubs. I've always hated the Dodgers, and Yankees, and more recently, the Twins for obious reasons. But the Cubbs ? Pardon the pun, but not only are we in a whole other ballpark of disdain, we're not even on the same continent. Last year, when a nightmare almost came true, and they were 5 outs from the Series (But they blew it ! :rolling: ) I realized again how much I revile them. I would rather have the Packers, Lakers and Red Wings win 10 straight Super Bowls, NBA Championships and Stanley Cups respectively, than for the Cubs and their fans to come close to even thinking about playoffs, and I HATE those teams.

doublem23
07-23-2004, 11:42 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/i/mlb/clubhouse/bos.gif

Just a tad more than the Yankees.

milrtyme28
07-24-2004, 02:25 AM
ther is nothing that gets me more riled up than a cubbbie fan spewing his regular b******t about how wonderful the north siders are. I am so sick of hearing it that the flubbie fans make the cubs my most hated team. next to them it goes like this:

1) twins
2) indians
3) yankees
4) bo sox
5) oakland

GO St loius - as long as you falter in the postseaon and we dont have to play you - shheeeesh - how awesome is st louis lately?!

MUsoxfan
07-24-2004, 02:29 AM
ther is nothing that gets me more riled up than a cubbbie fan spewing his regular b******t about how wonderful the north siders are. I am so sick of hearing it that the flubbie fans make the cubs my most hated team. next to them it goes like this:

1) twins
2) indians
3) yankees
4) bo sox
5) oakland

GO St loius - as long as you falter in the postseaon and we dont have to play you - shheeeesh - how awesome is st louis lately?!
I really don't mind the Red Sox. I'd love them to win just to spite the Yankees. My least favorite teams fall in this order:
1) Cubs
2) Yankees (I root for the Yankees in the SLIM chance of a Cubs/Yankees series)
3)Twins
4) Indians
5)Atlanta

ClaudelSleptHere
07-24-2004, 02:29 AM
I'll say Tampa Bay. Why?? 'Cause nobody else was gonna say them!

Cowch44
07-24-2004, 02:50 AM
I hate the yankees plain and simple.

rockfordsox
07-24-2004, 10:43 AM
This year so far its the Twins. In the 90s when we went to 3 divisons it was the Indians. My record for in attendence SOX games this year is 6-0.

fuzzy_patters
07-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Next to the Chicago Cubs, my least favorite team is the Iowa Cubs.

bmac5001
07-24-2004, 04:10 PM
1. Cubs
2. Yankees
3. Twins
4. Indians
5. Red Sox

although i don't really hate any of them all that much with the possible exceptions of the Cubs and Yankees. If i weren't a White Sox fan i'd either be a Marlins fan or a Cards fan, or as i like to refer to it, a St. Florida Cardlins fan. :D:

pearso66
07-24-2004, 04:41 PM
The teams I hate next to the cubs? that woudl have to be, Yankees, Twins, Indians, Bo-sox, and Braves. I actually do like the Cardinals. I grew up with them as my 2nd favorite team. And since I lived in MI the past 4 years, The Tigers have grown on me. I always root for them when they arent playign the sox. Although, how could you hate a team that just lost 119 games?

1951Campbell
07-24-2004, 05:14 PM
It bothers me that Yankees-Red Sox attracts so much attention when the same team wins all the big games. What kind of rivalry is that?
Dunno. Ask a Bears fan.:D:

DoggPhood
07-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I feel like hating the Cubs is ridiculous. I don't love them or anything, and I certainly don't follow them, but why do you guys all hate them? When they were in the playoffs, it was good for the city of Chicago. It's also good for the city to have two baseball teams doing fairly well. I feel like most of your hate just comes from jealousy that they get all the attention. Sure, we've been better than them in recent history, and I know they still get all the press. But who cares? Root for your own team, the Sox, and don't talk about the Cubs. Look, they're in the same boat as we are, they haven't won a Series in a looooooong time. Obviously I didn't like being swept by them, but where did it get them? We're 1/2 game out, they're roughly 9 games out. By hating the Cubs, and talking about it all the time, you're being just as mopey and pathetic as a Red Sox fan talking about the Yankees. Pay attention to the White Sox and stop your childish complaining.

1951Campbell
07-24-2004, 05:19 PM
When I lived in Boston, I developed a secondary rooting interest in the Red Sox. Now I just enjoy seeing how they blow it time after time, and watching BoSox fans go all manic and tortured. But I guess I don't hate them. They just amuse me.

Anyway, besides the Cubs, it's gotta be the Twins. In addition to being our rival in the post-Indians era, they keep saying the most classless things.

kojak
07-24-2004, 05:54 PM
I feel like hating the Cubs is ridiculous. I don't love them or anything, and I certainly don't follow them, but why do you guys all hate them? When they were in the playoffs, it was good for the city of Chicago. It's also good for the city to have two baseball teams doing fairly well. I feel like most of your hate just comes from jealousy that they get all the attention. Sure, we've been better than them in recent history, and I know they still get all the press. But who cares? Root for your own team, the Sox, and don't talk about the Cubs. Look, they're in the same boat as we are, they haven't won a Series in a looooooong time. Obviously I didn't like being swept by them, but where did it get them? We're 1/2 game out, they're roughly 9 games out. By hating the Cubs, and talking about it all the time, you're being just as mopey and pathetic as a Red Sox fan talking about the Yankees. Pay attention to the White Sox and stop your childish complaining.
Are you from Pittsburgh or something? You sound like my goofy brother who claims to be a fan of BOTH the Cubs and the Sox, but he is NOT! He is a Cubs fan. In denial. In therapy. On Wellbutrin (XL).

When one is born in the Chicago City Limits, he is first slapped on his arse. If he cries, he is a Cub fan. Otherwise, he is a Sox fan. It has been that way for nigh on a hundred and three years now. Those who claim to be fans of "Both" were either dropped on their heads or were born elsewhere.

That is just the way things are. IF you doubt my story, go to www.howthingswork.com (http://www.howthingswork.com) and click on the Flubs logo...

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-24-2004, 06:05 PM
I feel like hating the Cubs is ridiculous. I don't love them or anything, and I certainly don't follow them, but why do you guys all hate them? When they were in the playoffs, it was good for the city of Chicago. It's also good for the city to have two baseball teams doing fairly well. I feel like most of your hate just comes from jealousy that they get all the attention. Sure, we've been better than them in recent history, and I know they still get all the press. But who cares? Root for your own team, the Sox, and don't talk about the Cubs. Look, they're in the same boat as we are, they haven't won a Series in a looooooong time. Obviously I didn't like being swept by them, but where did it get them? We're 1/2 game out, they're roughly 9 games out. By hating the Cubs, and talking about it all the time, you're being just as mopey and pathetic as a Red Sox fan talking about the Yankees. Pay attention to the White Sox and stop your childish complaining.How could you say such a thing? :angry:

We are paying attention to the Sox but at the same time hating the cubs! I dont see anything wrong with cub-hatred. Ive hated the cubs since i was born. Not only the team but the FANS. Another thing..I dont think ANYONE on the website is jealous of the cubs! Its not like we want to sink down to their level and use cork bats! Our fans dont "blame" our not winning the ws on things. Unlike cubs fans who believe it was steve bartmans fault!

WSox8404
07-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I would have to say the Twins. They are so damn smug.

DoggPhood
07-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm no Cubs fan. I'll crack a smile when they lose. But I don't bash them every chance I get.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-24-2004, 07:34 PM
i do :D:

Whitesox029
07-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I always have 2-4 rooting interests on any one day during the season depending on the Sox' and Cubs' statuses in the standings. Number 1, always first and foremost, is for the Sox to win. With the Sox in a pennant race, I have to root secondarily against the Sox's biggest divisional rival (now the Twins). When the Sox are out of it, my secondary interest becomes the Cubs losing, and after that, when the cubs are in contention, the team they are squaring off against (the Cards for the last month, but might have to switch to wild-card rivals shortly). If the Cubs are out of it, then I don't bother.

However, based on the recent fan reaction at Busch Stadium to a Sox victory, I am considering making the Cards my second favorite team meaning I would root for them at all times, whether the Cubs are in it or not. The Brewers would be next on the list. In short,

1. White Sox
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4-16. All other NL teams other than the Cubs
17-28. All other AL teams other than the Twins (I could organize this one further, i.e., say 4. Rangers 5. D-Rays....27. Angels 28. Yankees)
29. Twins
30. Cubs

My hate for everything CUBS goes beyond anything you can imagine. There is no word to describe it, so I am forced to make one up, And I'm going to do so right....NOW.....Scrumtrelessant. My hate for the Cubs is so scrumtrelessant that it makes Eminem look like a...person who generally likes people.

ihatethecubs
07-25-2004, 05:30 AM
well id have to say the twins not only because they are our #1 rivals, but their park sucks (worst in AL), their uniforms suck, their players are a bunch of cocky s***talkers, and their PA announcer drives me nuts.
a very close second for me is seattle. i hate their dopey fans who dance around in the aisles to dumb music and chant "ichiro." they didnt even support the team until they got a nice new stadium. these fans are complete morons too. they cheer for stupid plays like ichiro throwing the ball after an out to second with a runner on first, like he stopped the runner from advancing. i hate bret boone and his arrogant bat flip after a homerun. i hate "ichi-rolls." i hate the space needle the city of seattle and the state of washington and the entire pacific nothwest. i hate their unbelievably annoying radio guy. i hate their uniforms. i hate the damn trains you hear in the background. i hate that they beat us in the playoffs and i am glad they are having a horrible season, they deserve it.

Nick@Nite
07-25-2004, 01:17 PM
I think you're misconstruing what some people are saying. To say the Yankees suck doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. Just that they well....suck. Exactly!

However, if we do mean what we say in the literal sense, then the Yankees don't suck. But they sure as hell BLOW! :redneck

vegyrex
07-25-2004, 06:05 PM
The Cubs. :angry::mad:

Other teams, even the Twinkies, I can respect.

How does a team with nearly as many last place finishes as winning seasons (since 1940) continue to have so much loving attention paid to them?? :mad:

And to top it off their lame fans have the nerve to tell me my team isn't a real team!! :angry:

HOW COULD I NOT HATE THEM

ClaudelSleptHere
07-26-2004, 07:18 AM
well id have to say the twins not only because they are our #1 rivals, but their park sucks (worst in AL), their uniforms suck, their players are a bunch of cocky s***talkers, and their PA announcer drives me nuts.
a very close second for me is seattle. i hate their dopey fans who dance around in the aisles to dumb music and chant "ichiro." they didnt even support the team until they got a nice new stadium. these fans are complete morons too. they cheer for stupid plays like ichiro throwing the ball after an out to second with a runner on first, like he stopped the runner from advancing. i hate bret boone and his arrogant bat flip after a homerun. i hate "ichi-rolls." i hate the space needle the city of seattle and the state of washington and the entire pacific nothwest. i hate their unbelievably annoying radio guy. i hate their uniforms. i hate the damn trains you hear in the background. i hate that they beat us in the playoffs and i am glad they are having a horrible season, they deserve it.

And how about that other radio guy, Frazier Crane?

Etownsox13
07-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Besides the Cubs and the Twins, I would have to say that I hate the Red Sox more than the Yankees simply because their whiny fans remind me of some of the "fans" up here on the north side.

Nellie_Fox
07-27-2004, 12:47 AM
I had to live through my childhood years watching very good Sox teams finish behind the Yankees, year after year after year. I hated them with every fiber of my being. I still do, them and their front-running fans in every city of the country, people who have never lived in NY a day in their lives who are Yankees fans just because they want to be on the bandwagon of a winning team.

That having been said, I still hate the Cubs more than I hate the Yankees.

ChiSox1906
07-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Here's my list
1) White Sox
2) Cardinals
3) Astros
4) Brewers
5) Reds
6) Rockies
7) Pirates
(8-16) All other NL Teams
(17-23) All other AL Teams
24) Tigers
25) Royals
26) Indians
27) Red Sox
28) Yankees
29) Twins
30) Cubs

Jerome
07-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I want the Twins to lose more than anything. But i just hate the Red Sox. Don't blame the Yankees for buying a ring; the MLB rules allow it. I hate Boston because they think they are somehow as good as the Yankees. It's not even a rivalry anymore, the yankees always win. I hate Pedro, but mostly I hate the fans. And since they are competing with the Sox for the Wildacard, now I have even more reason to hate them

My favorite team besides the Sox is Oakland. I wish KW could put out a winner every year like Billy Beane. I wish for once the Sox would overracheive rather than underachieve

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Don't blame the Yankees for buying a ring; the MLB rules allow it. I don't care what the rules allow, I still hate them and all their front-running fans. I'm sick to death of all the Yankee fans and their superior attitude on sports TV too, i.e., Tony Rialli, Tony Kornheiser, and Max Kellerman.

MiamiSpartan
07-29-2004, 06:31 AM
Cubs. I don't even hate the Yankees as much any more, although I'd rather have almost anyone else win. Not crazy about the Braves, either...

greenpeach
07-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Who is your least favorite MLB team that is NOT the Cubs?

I'm gonna go ahead and say the Red Sox. Sure, I dislike the Yankees, but at least the Yankees get it done. The Red Sox and their fans are a bunch of whiners. And man, nobody drives me up a wall more than a Boston fan. Ugh.

As a side note, I don't really hate the Cubs. I don't root for them, but I don't root against them either. Unless they're playing the Sox. Although, I did kinda smile to myself when they melted down against the Cards on Tuesday. But I don't really like the Cardinals either. I must admit that I was kinda pulling for the Cubs against the Marlins in the playoffs last year, but when they lost, I wasn't the least bit devestated.

While I'm at it, here's my second favorite MLB team: The Brewers. Why? Because they're the Brewers. Easily the best team name in all of sports. They make beer. They have a great new ballpark. I've got nothing against Milwaukee, it's only an hour from my house. In fact, I could probably get to Miller Park faster than Comiskey Park during rush hour. (I live in the north suburbs). Anyway, I'm glad to see the BrewCrew doing well this year.
I hate the University of Michigan. They're nothing but a bunch of pompus hypocrites. As for baseball, I really don't hate the Cubs team per say, but I do hate those bandwagon fans. I like to call those mindless lemmings "The Children of WGN".

FightingBillini
07-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I hate University of Michigan. As we say in Champaign, MUCK FICHIGAN. The Wolverines are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

I hate the Yankees more than anyone else. I agree with Nellie, the "fans" are the worst part. However, they are better than Cub "fans". At least Yankees fans are on the bandwagon becuase they WIN, not because the team is cute and trendy. Either way, I hate everything about the Yankees. I hate their nameless jerseys. I hate Derek Jeter. I hate Jason Giambi. I hate Hideki Matsui. I hate their once beautiful but now hidious, but still grossly overrated park. I hate all the people that wear Yankees stuff becuase the NY looks "cool", even if they dont like the team.

To quote a wise Sox fan, "Fred Durst wears a Yankees hat, therefore, so will I."