PDA

View Full Version : Kenny: 10 days and counting.

hawkjt
07-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Just heard Phil Rodgers of the Trib on the Score and he has a sneaking suspicion that Kenny might just pull off a big trade at the deadline. No real evidence but he is counting on Kennys super-aggressive nature if we are smelling a title. Says Maggs could still go and the big Unit is a slim posiibitliy. I am mixed on a trade but even a Urbina in the pen could be huge. The bullpen is the easiest place to shore up and bullpens win in Sept and Oct. when the starters are tired. Push Cliff into Jacks role and then have Cotts,Adkins, for long relief and Marte and Shingu for setup with urbina to close. or keep Shingu as closer and have urbina for set up with DAmaso. keep maggs but get relief help and pray for Frank to come back. In playoffs we get by with Burls.Frddy,and Garland to start. IF Garland steps up with one of his good performances we are in.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 11:32 PM
I just heard this as well. He figures a big trade is coming. Maggs may be involved but that is unlikely with Frank being injured. Who would be bigger than Kendall? :o:

jabrch
07-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I think most of us believe KW has one big deal left in him this year. The fact that we haven't really added on much salary this year, despite both JR and KW saying that we allocated money to add if we had attendance and a shot at the playoffs leads me to concurr with this line of thinking. Kendall makes perfect sense. I guess the question is how much do we give up, and can we bully Pitt into giving us more with him (Benson or PEREZ) and how much of Kendall's salary for the rest of the contract can we get them to absorb.

In any case - A Kendall deal makes sense for all parties involved. Kendall could catch 4 days a week and DH 2. Pitt needs out from under that contract. We need a C. I just wonder what it would cost. I guess, since KW has already completely pillaged the farm system, that he doesn't have too much left to give up!

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Just heard Phil Rodgers of the Trib on the Score and he has a sneaking suspicion that Kenny might just pull off a big trade at the deadline. No real evidence but he is counting on Kennys super-aggressive nature if we are smelling a title. Says Maggs could still go and the big Unit is a slim posiibitliy. I am mixed on a trade but even a Urbina in the pen could be huge. The bullpen is the easiest place to shore up and bullpens win in Sept and Oct. when the starters are tired. Push Cliff into Jacks role and then have Cotts,Adkins, for long relief and Marte and Shingu for setup with urbina to close. or keep Shingu as closer and have urbina for set up with DAmaso. keep maggs but get relief help and pray for Frank to come back. In playoffs (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=119,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,1) we get by with Burls.Frddy,and Garland to start. IF Garland steps up with one of his good performances we are in.I'd love for the sox to get uggy but if they do I'd like him to be the setup man and keep shingo where he is.

HomerCoach
07-22-2004, 10:43 AM
KW said on ESPN if you wait until the deadline, you're not doing your job. Is he waiting until the deadline?:dunno:

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 10:45 AM
KW said on ESPN if you wait until the deadline, you're not doing your job. Is he waiting until the deadline?:dunno:He's already made two trades, so that answer is no. He might have to wait until the deadline right now to make another trade. Kenny always jumps the gun to make trades so he definitely doesn't wait until the trade deadline.

HomerCoach
07-22-2004, 10:49 AM
He's already made two trades, so that answer is no. He might have to wait until the deadline right now to make another trade. Kenny always jumps the gun to make trades so he definitely doesn't wait until the trade deadline.
I knew the answer, just being an impatient wise-guy.:cool:

SoxxoS
07-22-2004, 10:52 AM
I think most of us believe KW has one big deal left in him this year. The fact that we haven't really added on much salary this year, despite both JR and KW saying that we allocated money to add if we had attendance and a shot at the playoffs leads me to concurr with this line of thinking. Kendall makes perfect sense. I guess the question is how much do we give up, and can we bully Pitt into giving us more with him (Benson or PEREZ) and how much of Kendall's salary for the rest of the contract can we get them to absorb.

In any case - A Kendall deal makes sense for all parties involved. Kendall could catch 4 days a week and DH 2. Pitt needs out from under that contract. We need a C. I just wonder what it would cost. I guess, since KW has already completely pillaged the farm system, that he doesn't have too much left to give up!
Misuse of both deeppink and teal. Solid effort. :smile:

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I knew the answer, just being an impatient wise-guy.:cool::hawk
"I love it when you analyze." :D:

HomerCoach
07-22-2004, 11:00 AM
:hawk
"I love it when you analyze." :D:
:redface:

Flight #24
07-22-2004, 11:03 AM
KW said on ESPN if you wait until the deadline, you're not doing your job. Is he waiting until the deadline?:dunno:
I know it's just being a wise-ass, but I think it's highly likely that at this point, KW figures thatwaiting will only increas his chances of getting a good deal. With Burke continuing to hit decently, C is not as critical for the next week or so, and as we get to the deadline, cost cutting will become more important. Plus I'd guess that the Pirates are more focused on dealing Benson right now and possibly looking at including Kendall in that deal dpending on the prospects they can get back (Once scary example that just came to mind is Kendall+Benson to NY for Dioner Navarro, then Posada+Prospects to 'Zona for RJ).

Waiting until the deadline while increasing the risk that Kendall might not be available, also provides an inreased chance that you can get him for a song by assuming some of the salary. Or maybe Kenny's holding out for Benson/Perez and taking on most of Kendall's deal. Who knows. But I'd guess there's discussions on Jason - it makes too much sense.

Baby Fisk
07-22-2004, 11:05 AM
KW hasn't let us down yet this year. Something big is coming. Huge. We will all be shocked -- this is just my hunch of course... :cool:

Brian26
07-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Kenny's got at LEAST one more deal in him. Whether it is big or small, I don't know. He's going to pick someone else up, though. The bullpen could use another quality arm.

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 11:08 AM
What's amazing about kenny is he has already made two deals and all of us are almost positive he's going to make atleast one more. How many contenders aren't even going to make one deal?

Flight #24
07-22-2004, 11:25 AM
What's amazing about kenny is he has already made two deals and all of us are almost positive he's going to make atleast one more. How many contenders aren't even going to make one deal?
Well, the Red Sox just picked up the immortal Ricky Gutierrez.......
And the Padres got Rich Aurilia........

Oh yeah, and the Cubs traded for a PTBNL!!! (Oops, you said "contenders"):D:

miker
07-22-2004, 11:30 AM
How much more can KW give up? I know we are fighting for the playoffs, but I don't think we are so good that we can't think about next year.

OEO Magglio
07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, the Red Sox just picked up the immortal Ricky Gutierrez.......
And the Padres got Rich Aurilia........

Oh yeah, and the Cubs traded for a PTBNL!!! (Oops, you said "contenders"):D::rolling:

Tekijawa
07-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Waiting until the deadline while increasing the risk that Kendall might not be available,
Exactly he's only been on the block for atleast three years I bet there are 100's of teams now calling for him!

RKMeibalane
07-22-2004, 11:53 AM
A Jason Kendall trade would be huge. Assuming that Frank comes back on time, the Sox would have the following lineup for the last three weeks of the season:

2B- Harris
C- Kendall
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
CF- Everett
1B- Konerko
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede

This lineup is scary.

Tekijawa
07-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah, and the Cubs traded for a PTBNL!!! (Oops, you said "contenders"):D:
Hope he's got experience working with cement because the only thing that will keep that stadium packed now is if the Local Masons Union can come through and get the stadium up to Daileys likings!

Palehose13
07-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Why would Detroit trade Urbina to the Sox when the are only 6 games back and still have to play 19 games against the Sox. They have a better chance of winning the AL Central than the cubs have at winning the NL Central.

JB98
07-22-2004, 11:59 AM
A Jason Kendall trade would be huge. Assuming that Frank comes back on time, the Sox would have the following lineup for the last three weeks of the season:

2B- Harris
C- Kendall
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
CF- Everett
1B- Konerko
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede

This lineup is scary.
But it would also be the worst defensive team in the league. We will not win with Jurassic Carl in center. Like Carl's bat, hate his glove. We don't need Kendall. We need pitching, especially in the bullpen.

Baby Fisk
07-22-2004, 12:13 PM

2B- Harris
C- Kendall
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
CF- Everett
1B- Konerko
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
:rowand
"Goshum, RKMeibalane, how come you dumpin' on me? I ain't never messed around with your lady, or done your folks no wrong..."

SSN721
07-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Well i hope for the Kendall trade. Benson wouldnt be bad, but I dont know if I want to pick up his contract, he might be a little expensive, and we might have to trade a lot to get him. i dont think he would be waiting this long just for Kendall, I think we could get him very cheaply anytime we like, Pittsburgh seems so desperate to trade him. Well as long as we dont give up a ton and get Kendall and Benson I cant complain.

Brian26
07-22-2004, 12:21 PM

2B- Harris
C- Kendall
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
CF- Everett
1B- Konerko
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede

This lineup is scary.

Not as scary as this:

C- Kendall
CF- Rowand
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
DH- Everett
3B- Konerko :D:
SS- Valentin
2B- Uribe

At least it works on Playstation.

Soxzilla
07-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I'd expect this big trade to happen by saturday. So we have our new stud of a catcher home in time for the big series against the twins...

I don't think frank will be playing any first base....ever. Again.:(:

Flight #24
07-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Not as scary as this:

C- Kendall
CF- Rowand
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
DH- Everett
3B- Konerko :D:
SS- Valentin
2B- Uribe

At least it works on Playstation.
What would be scary is this sequence of events:

Bunt down 3d base line.......hit
Bunt down 3d base line....... hit - men on 1st & 2d
Bunt down 3d base line.......hit - bases loaded
Bunt down 3d base line.......1-0, bases loaded

repeat ad nauseum.

34 Inch Stick
07-22-2004, 01:04 PM
How much more can KW give up? I know we are fighting for the playoffs, but I don't think we are so good that we can't think about next year.
If we take on the full contract we can probably get away with low minor leaguers. I am shocked Sullivan has not been dumped by KC yet.

fledgedrallycap
07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
If we take on the full contract we can probably get away with low minor leaguers. I am shocked Sullivan has not been dumped by KC yet.
Sullivan has a pretty big contact for a set-up man, I want to say three years at 3.5 MM per.

akingamongstmen
07-22-2004, 01:12 PM

repeat ad nauseum.
Stupid reality. :smile:

SEALgep
07-22-2004, 01:16 PM
How much more can KW give up? I know we are fighting for the playoffs, but I don't think we are so good that we can't think about next year.Although no one really wanted to see Reed go, it was a position of strength in our system. Now that he's gone, I'm fairly confident there are some untradables (ie Anderson and Sweeney). That's my opinion anyhow. We have some pretty decent pitching prospects, and although I wouldn't want to give any up, I'd be willing to for the right match (ie pen help or Kendall.) We gave up a lot for Garcia, but that was a special circumstance, again IMO.

hold2dibber
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM

repeat ad nauseum.
I think you're exagerating ... there would plenty of bunts down the first base line towards Frank, too (with the same result ... hit).:smile: