PDA

View Full Version : Kris Benson: Ace or Hot Streak?

Win1ForMe
07-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Since June 1: 4-3, 2.72 ERA, 66 IP, 51 H, 14 BB, 38 K's.

So should the Sox go after him, or is he merely overachieving for a prolonged stretch?

Jjav829
07-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I've always liked Benson and I still think he has the stuff to develop into a front line type starter. If the Sox could get him, I'd be in favor of it. Given the right situation, and if worked with, I think he can become a more consistent pitcher.

Voice of Reason
07-21-2004, 11:32 PM
I've always liked Benson but I wouldn't want to trade fo him given what Pittsburgh is asking for. I heard they want Laynce Nix from Texas and thats ridiculous.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 11:47 PM
I've always liked Benson but I wouldn't want to trade fo him given what Pittsburgh is asking for. I heard they want Laynce Nix from Texas and thats ridiculous.Yeah, they want way too much. They want a major league-ready player and a top prospect for him. They need a corner infielder and outfielder.

JB98
07-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Benson has been an inconsistent, oft-injured head case for most of his career. Six weeks of good pitching isn't enough for me to think he is worth the Sox meeting the Pirates' asking price. I'm content with the five guys we have in the rotation. I really feel our biggest weakness is our 'pen. We need at least one more arm out there, and possibly two.