PDA

View Full Version : Letter of the day...

voodoochile
09-27-2001, 11:27 PM
S...

As in Sox Win! 'Stros Win! Sox in Second!

Went to both games today... ShamME waving his flag and taking a curtain call in the first was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long long time.

Some silly flubbie fan actually asked me to remove my flags from my hat tonight. He couldn't see over them. Being the courteous guy I am, I did, but yelled twice as loud and waved those flags everytime the 'Stros did something good... They left in the 7th because it was "too cold to stay, and Kincades (more like "the Manhole" if I read the type correctly) will be warm..." My buddy flubs fan was embarassed by them to say the least.

Oh well, still wonderful to be in second... Catch the flubbies next, I've got some cash on it...

Randar68
09-27-2001, 11:33 PM
Me and that damn Morton's steak....

I can tell you one thing, I will be merciless with my CEO after he buys me a HUGE porterhouse....

Whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Haaaaaaaappppeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnned?????

Jerry_Manuel
09-27-2001, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I can tell you one thing, I will be merciless with my CEO after he buys me a HUGE porterhouse....

Whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Haaaaaaaappppeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnned?????

I was expecting "bla!" I was wrong.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2001, 11:53 PM
S...

Is this the cousin of "Number of the Day"?

Iwritecode
09-28-2001, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
S...

Went to both games today... ShamME waving his flag and taking a curtain call in the first was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long long time.

Some silly flubbie fan actually asked me to remove my flags from my hat tonight. He couldn't see over them. Being the courteous guy I am, I did, but yelled twice as loud and waved those flags everytime the 'Stros did something good... They left in the 7th because it was "too cold to stay, and Kincades (more like "the Manhole" if I read the type correctly) will be warm..." My buddy flubs fan was embarassed by them to say the least.

Oh well, still wonderful to be in second... Catch the flubbies next, I've got some cash on it...

Damn VC, I wish Iwould've known this. I could have caught up with you at one of them... I didn't make the decision to go until that morning though. Not much warning time.

voodoochile
09-28-2001, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Is this the cousin of "Number of the Day"?

Nope it's the sillier simpler stunningly scintilating sister...

:)

Iwritecode
09-28-2001, 12:09 PM
Hey VC, one question. Where did you park when you went to Wrigley? or did you not have to worry about that since you already live in the city?

voodoochile
09-28-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Hey VC, one question. Where did you park when you went to Wrigley? or did you not have to worry about that since you already live in the city?

We affectionately call those games "Subway Double Headers". I take the train (block from my house) to Comiskey or Wrigley (whichever is first game). The train drops me off a block from the park (either one) and then take the train from the afternoon game to the evening game and sit down for dinner and beer until the night game starts... Too simple and I don't have to worry about my beer consumption.