PDA

View Full Version : Observation about Los

cburns
07-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Has anyone noticed Carlos Lee's batting stance lately? In the begining of the year it looked like he was standing pretty far off the plate, and he didnt have any power, but a few weeks when he started hitting more home runs, it looked like he had moved up to the plate. What do you guys think is the explanation for his power surge?

RKMeibalane
07-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Has anyone noticed Carlos Lee's batting stance lately? In the begining of the year it looked like he was standing pretty far off the plate, and he didnt have any power, but a few weeks when he started hitting more home runs, it looked like he had moved up to the plate. What do you guys think is the explanation for his power surge? Why is Carlos' name in link format?

cburns
07-21-2004, 09:01 PM
I have no idea..oh well

RKMeibalane
07-21-2004, 09:04 PM
I have no idea..oh well
To answer your question, it does appear as though Lee has moved closer to the plate, and so he is able to reach the outside pitch more frequently, forcing pitchers to come back towards the middle of the plate. Ever since Carlos made the adjustment, he has been driving the ball much more.

hold2dibber
07-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Its funny you bring this up. I was talking to my Dad about 3 weeks ago regarding Lee's lack of homers this year, and he said that Carlos was standing too far from the plate. I don't know if he's moved closer, but you could be onto something.