PDA

View Full Version : Today's lineup has Maggs in RF?!?

Win1ForMe
07-21-2004, 04:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=240721105

Rowand CF
Valentin SS
Ordonez RF
Lee LF
Everett DH
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Burke C

Doesn't seem very smart...

OzzieBall2004
07-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Only Maggs knows how good his leg's/knee's/ankle's or whatever are feeling. They said yesterday he was swollen, and it went away pretty fast. Although, not leaving him out there when he got IBB late in yesterdays game isnt a good sign.

joeynach
07-21-2004, 04:58 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=240721105

Rowand CF
Valentin SS
Ordonez RF
Lee LF
Everett DH
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Burke C

Doesn't seem very smart...
Its not too bad. The only thing i dont like is Jose at the 2 hole against a tough lefty, where he basts like 193 against lefties. I mean we do need speed, bunting ability, and situational hitting at the top of the order though. This team has really spiraled without a solid one two punch at the top, or at least since our punch of harris and uribe have collapsed more than the flubbies.

Foulke You
07-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Surprising. I figured Everett would be out there in RF today with Maggs DH-ing.
I read something in the Sun-Times that said that Maggs prefers to play RF despite the soreness because it keeps his leg loose which is something that wasn't happening when he was DH-ing. Perhaps this is the reason.

Win1ForMe
07-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Its not too bad. The only thing i dont like is Jose at the 2 hole against a tough lefty, where he basts like 193 against lefties. I mean we do need speed, bunting ability, and situational hitting at the top of the order though. This team has really spiraled without a solid one two punch at the top, or at least since our punch of harris and uribe have collapsed more than the flubbies.
I don't mind the line-up, just Magglio in RF is has me scratching my head.

pudge
07-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Man I really wish Alomar could play more.

munchman33
07-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Sometimes when you're talking about knees swelling, its better to "keep them loose" as Maggs suggested. If he's sitting around, he will get stiff. That will cause even more swelling when he tries to use them.