PDA

View Full Version : Score Another One For Brooks

skottyj242
07-21-2004, 02:58 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I got a letter in the mail the other day from Brooks Boyer pertaining to the make up game between the Sox and Phillies. It basically said thanks for being a season ticket holder and thanks for your support of White Sox baseball, as a token of out gratitude please accept these complimentary tickets for the make up game to be played on August 30 against the Phillies. He also said to feel free to use the original rain out ticket for and available home date until the end of the season. I think that is one of the best things the White Sox have done for me in the five years I've had season tickets. Brooks Boyer is a class act in my book.

Blob
07-21-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I got a letter in the mail the other day from Brooks Boyer pertaining to the make up game between the Sox and Phillies. It basically said thanks for being a season ticket holder and thanks for your support of White Sox baseball, as a token of out gratitude please accept these complimentary tickets for the make up game to be played on August 30 against the Phillies. He also said to feel free to use the original rain out ticket for and available home date until the end of the season. I think that is one of the best things the White Sox have done for me in the five years I've had season tickets. Brooks Boyer is a class act in my book.I never got the letter but the tickets just arrived yesterday. I wrote my rep to ask why did I get the tickets and she told me. I wrote her back and told her this is the kind of thing season ticket holders like to see. This was a really nice thing. She said she was going to forward it on to her bosses because they want to know what we think.

Unfortunately, I am starting a new job in a week and probably will not be able to go!!:whiner: But, I'm going to try!!!!

Oh well, zach23 will enjoy the tickets and it was still a very nice gesture!!!

GO SOX!!

npdempse
07-21-2004, 03:11 PM
It's absolutely brilliant. Not only does it make the ST holders feel good, it puts some more buns in the seats for a game that'll be pretty sparsely attended (Monday day game that wasn't originally on the schedule).

Jerko
07-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Are you guys full or split season ticket holders? I didn't get a letter yet but maybe it's only for full season ticket holders?

Dadawg_77
07-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Are you guys full or split season ticket holders? I didn't get a letter yet but maybe it's only for full season ticket holders?
Did your package include the game which was rained out?

Either way this is a great job by Sox and Brooks.

BeerHandle
07-21-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm a split season ticket holder (I had the game that was rained out). I got the tickets for the game in the mail on Monday, but no letter. I'm going to try and use my rain out tickets for another game.

Did any other Split Season ticket holders that had the game n their package receive a letter informing you to use the rain out tickets for another game?

tromcoe
07-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm a split season ticket holder (I had the game that was rained out). I got the tickets for the game in the mail on Monday, but no letter. I'm going to try and use my rain out tickets for another game.

Did any other Split Season ticket holders that had the game n their package receive a letter informing you to use the rain out tickets for another game?
I am a split season ticket holder in the hit & run package that included the day that was rained out and I also received a letter about three days prior to getting the tickets on Saturday. What a smart move by the White Sox will definately make up the money on beer with me!:gulp:

BeerHandle
07-21-2004, 05:49 PM
I am a split season ticket holder in the hit & run package that included the day that was rained out and I also received a letter about three days prior to getting the tickets on Saturday. What a smart move by the White Sox will definately make up the money on beer with me!:gulp:
Mine must have been lost in the mail. So we get to use the original tickets from our Hit and Run package for another game and go to the make up game with the tickets the mailed us. WOW!~:gulp:

ewokpelts
07-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Did your package include the game which was rained out?

Either way this is a great job by Sox and Brooks.My package didnt, so i assume that i wont be getting one.
Gene

Blob
07-21-2004, 06:46 PM
I am a partial STH, but if you did not have the original game in your package you probably will not get the make one.