PDA

View Full Version : I Support JOE CREDE

Tekijawa
07-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I was Right about supporting Crash when you all said he stunk... I would just like to have this thread to point to when Crede eventually proves me right too... He'll never be Scott Rolen, but he'll be something special.

Win1ForMe
07-21-2004, 01:16 PM
I was Right about supporting Crash when you all said he stunk...
So you're 0 for 1 already. Not a good start.

the_valenstache
07-21-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm sure there'll be a new whipping-boy for August. Joe just happens to be this month's.

Win1ForMe
07-21-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm sure there'll be a new whipping-boy for August. Joe just happens to be this month's.
Not to mention the .230 April or .184 May Crede came up with earlier in the year. It's just this month.

34 Inch Stick
07-21-2004, 01:41 PM
You put him out there every day through thick and thin for a few years. That is how lasting players are developed. I have no doubt Crede's numbers will be better than last year's. Eventually he will be a .280, 30, 90 player.

SoxxoS
07-21-2004, 01:45 PM
You put him out there every day through thick and thin for a few years. That is how lasting players are developed. I have no doubt Crede's numbers will be better than last year's. Eventually he will be a .280, 30, 90 player.
I don't even know if :cleo would make that prediction. And she uses cards.

kittle545feet
07-21-2004, 01:52 PM
You put him out there every day through thick and thin for a few years. That is how lasting players are developed. I have no doubt Crede's numbers will be better than last year's. Eventually he will be a .280, 30, 90 player.yeah, at triple a!:D:

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Eventually he will be a .280, 30, 90 player.Please tell me what you see in his long, slooooow, swing that leads you to believe this?

Sebastian
07-22-2004, 04:28 AM
Crede's having a terrible season and he's still on pace for around 22 dongs and 75 ribs. If he can fix a few things here and there--physically, as well as mentally--he can be a guy you pencil in at third every day for another 6+ years. I don't see him hitting .300, but he's better than a .230 hitter. Would you accept .275, 25-30 hrs, 80-95 rbis and very good defense at third year in, year out? From a guy batting near the bottom of your batting order, no less? I sure as hell would.

I think the more pressing question is who the heck is our starting second basemen going to be. Since Sugar Ray left, it's been a revolving door of disappointment. I don't think Uribe's the answer, either. 2 career months does not a star make.

Aidan
07-22-2004, 05:57 AM
I will give Crede .265 AVG / 25 HR / 80 RBI.

jabrch
07-22-2004, 07:15 AM
I will give Crede .265 AVG / 25 HR / 80 RBI.

With his glove, we can afford that from our 7/8 hitter. I have no problem with Joe's potential. He just has some terrible ABs. Let's see what happens the rest of the season. He might just surprise you.

eshunn2001
07-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Crede Reminds me of Adrian Beltre, Hopefully, Joe will finally put it all together, like Beltre has.

HebrewHammer
07-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Crede Reminds me of Adrian Beltre, Hopefully, Joe will finally put it all together, like Beltre has.:o:

Joe Crede is to swinging a bat as Paul Konerko is to running. I will admit I like his glove, but that is all I like about him and I honestly can't remember the last time he came up with an important hit.

SoxxoS
07-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Right now, you are looking at a .250 hitter, with 20 homers and 70 RBI's. And that is stretching it.

Jjav829
07-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Crede Reminds me of Adrian Beltre, Hopefully, Joe will finally put it all together, like Beltre has.
Beltre was in the league 6 years (5 ful years) before he put it together. Crede is in his 2nd full year. I'm gonna hold off on the "Joe Crede is a bust bandwagon" and say I fully support Crede. I think it is too soon to right him off. Yes his swing is long right now but thats not exacty something that can't be corrected.

SoxxoS
07-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Isn't the "longess" (for last of a better term) of a swing one of the hardest things to correct?

Daver, Randar etc...

hawkjt
07-22-2004, 11:09 AM
I heard Greg Walker say yesterday that Joe is a differant hitter in practice and just has not taken it to the games yet. I know that it is his job to prop him up but Walker really sounds sincere when he says Joe will be a big star soon.

SoxxoS
07-22-2004, 11:21 AM
I heard Greg Walker say yesterday that Joe is a differant hitter in practice and just has not taken it to the games yet. I know that it is his job to prop him up but Walker really sounds sincere when he says Joe will be a big star soon.
That sounds like most golfers at the golf range...I am a pro at the range, but when it comes to the course...it's a whole different ballgame. It's not east to carry practice to the game.

34 Inch Stick
07-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Please tell me what you see in his long, slooooow, swing that leads you to believe this?
The power and RBI production are already apparent even during his down periods. He has had extended instances of success as a hitter for average as well. IIRC even though he was bad in the first half of last year he hit .260 overall. It's not like I said he is a future .300. As a point of reference Timo is a career .280 hitter.

Tekijawa
07-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Trade Him Trade him!!!

I still Support him! Anyone else?

Palehose13
07-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't dislike Joe Crede, but he is one of the few guys on the roster that I wouldn't be crying over if he was traded.

Daver
07-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Isn't the "longess" (for last of a better term) of a swing one of the hardest things to correct?

Daver, Randar etc...
It can be corrected with good coaching, I don't have any confidence that Greg Walker can correct it though.

Jim Thome has made a living off of a long swing, but he is one of the few.

flo-B-flo
07-24-2004, 10:28 PM
:o:

Joe Crede is to swinging a bat as Paul Konerko is to running. I will admit I like his glove, but that is all I like about him and I honestly can't remember the last time he came up with an important hit. I can recall a few big at bats. Including tonight.

OurBitchinMinny
07-25-2004, 12:44 AM
I have to say im a crede fan too. But Im still not totally sold on rowand. I hope he keeps proving me wrong.

skobabe8
07-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Whats a guy gotta do around here to get into Crede's Crew? :D:

fquaye149
07-25-2004, 01:52 AM
I can recall a few big at bats. Including tonight.

if you (not flo-b-flo) can't remember a big at bat, you're crazy. Joe has won singlehandedly at least 3 or 4 games for us this year.

Maybe that doesn't make up for his dismal production, but that's irrelevant. The fact is, he's come up in the clutch time and time again. . .for instance, tonight.

nitetrain8601
07-25-2004, 02:16 AM
I've always fully supported Crede and will continue to. He's a great defensive player and he will soon hit. I remember him being the guy everyone wanted to see brought up and you guys are quitting on him in his second year because he's not batting .310 with 40 HRs 110 RBI's and 30 SB's in just his second year as a number 7 hitter? Yea, I see the realistic logic in your guys heads.

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 03:32 AM
if you (not flo-b-flo) can't remember a big at bat, you're crazy. Joe has won singlehandedly at least 3 or 4 games for us this year.

Maybe that doesn't make up for his dismal production, but that's irrelevant. The fact is, he's come up in the clutch time and time again. . .for instance, tonight.Exactly, he comes through when you need him. His numbers will get better but even with poor numbers as of now he's come up with some huge hits.

JoseCanseco6969
07-25-2004, 08:56 AM
I fully support Joe Crede! He's proven to be a clutch hitter and will raise that average when we need him most....NOW! I dont understand how people on this board are so quick to bash one of our players. I think if anyone on our team that needs bashing its MIKE JACKSON! I dont see enough I hate mike jackson, or mike jackson sucks threads. I've seen a few but we need more. GO CREDE! prove all these WSI crede-haters wrong:D:

Bisco Stu
07-25-2004, 07:05 PM
We should trade for Wiggy of the Miracles. Love to see what he could do in the AL, and the Amazings don't need 'em because Wright is the next Mike Schmidt.