PDA

View Full Version : Willie "Hall of Fame" Harris

OG4LIFE
07-21-2004, 12:03 PM
everyone here is talking about how we need a good OBP guy with speed at the top of the order, and there seems to be a lot of people who think this guy cant do it. hes got a .361 obp, which to me, is about normal for a leadoff guy, and if he ever got his confidence back in basestealing, hed be a big time threat.

lets give him a chance! screw this platoon crap, give him the job!

my guy

Willie "Hall of Fame" Harris

SOXSINCE'70
07-21-2004, 12:05 PM
everyone here is talking about how we need a good OBP guy with speed at the top of the order, and there seems to be a lot of people who think this guy cant do it. hes got a .361 obp, which to me, is about normal for a leadoff guy, and if he ever got his confidence back in basestealing, hed be a big time threat.

my guy

Hard to argue your points.All of them are valid.wish he'd steal more.Yeah,I know he's been thrown out a lot,but how do you have success without failure first??:bandance: :bandance:

Palehose13
07-21-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm a fan of Willie, but I like Uribe too. I'd like to see Crede ride the pine for a few games and shift Uribe to 3rd with Willie at 2nd. However, the historians around here tell us that Crede is supposed to tear it in the second half.

Ah well, it could be worse...we could be cub fans. :tongue:

hold2dibber
07-21-2004, 12:17 PM

Harris is critical to the team's success and it's true that his .361 OBP isn't bad at all. But the platoon is justified - his career OBP against lefties is .238. Although that's in just 59 ABs, that ain't good. As surprised as I am to be saying this, it looks like Rowand is the best option at the top of the order against lefties - .409 OBP vs. lefties this year, .356 over the last three years. (FYI, Uribe's OBP against lefties this year and for his career are not good either).

Rudy Law
07-21-2004, 12:21 PM

my guy

I agree..But he should have way more stoloen bases....He is to tenative out there..

SoxxoS
07-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Harris is critical to the team's success and it's true that his .361 OBP isn't bad at all. But the platoon is justified - his career OBP against lefties is .238. Although that's in just 59 ABs, that ain't good.
That means if he goes 4 for 4 with 2 doubles, his OBP increases probably 150 points against lefties.

hawkjt
07-21-2004, 12:40 PM
According to Hawk Willie is still suffering from playing under Manuel last year.I think Hawk needs to let it go. So all players that are playing good are because of Ozzie and all players playing bad are because of Manuel?

OzzieBall2004
07-21-2004, 04:24 PM
I agree with the idea to platoon Crede and Uribe instead of Harris/Uribe/Valentin. As much as I continue to believe Crede and Harris both have promising careers, the likelihood heavily favors Harris lately.