PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede ....... Needs to Grab Some Bench

Hangar18
07-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Ive seen more TERRIBLE at-bats from this in the last couple weeks than I care to remember. His defense is ok, but now that We have a BenDavis in the lineup, thats 2 automatic outs, or............on avg, 12 outs already.
IN a game where you get 27 outs, these two are shortening the game for us
to 15 outs .......... THATS A 5 INNING GAME .............

bobj4400
07-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Ive seen more TERRIBLE at-bats from this in the last couple weeks than I care to remember. His defense is ok, but now that We have a BenDavis in the lineup, thats 2 automatic outs, or............on avg, 12 outs already.
to 15 outs .......... THATS A 5 INNING GAME .............
Hangar, I understand the point you are trying to make, but unless Crede and Davis are batting 6 times a game, they cant account for 12 outs between them...

ma_deuce
07-21-2004, 09:01 AM
They should trade Valentin, Crede, and Davis for a decent 3rd baseman and a bag of balls. I'm sick of all three of them with thier constant strikeouts.

Deuce

PorkChopExpress
07-21-2004, 09:03 AM
They should trade Valentin, Crede, and Davis for a decent 3rd baseman and a bag of balls. I'm sick of all three of them with thier constant strikeouts.

Deuce
As much as I hate to see Valentin strike out so much, I would not want to trade him. He comes through with the power shots in the clutch too often.

joeynach
07-21-2004, 09:03 AM
to 15 outs .......... THATS A 5 INNING GAME .............I have been saying this for some time now. First of all davis does not belong on a mjor league roster he should be in AAA for good, like when he came here. Second of all Crede is not above the law, what makes him different from Rowand in the beginning of 2003 when he was hitting .220. Nothing crede is killing us at the plate and should be batting 9th, bench, or be in AAA learning to get hits again like rowand did last year. I looked at sandy's outs yesterday, his swing looks 20x better and more efficient than credes late slap at the ball. When will the sox realize that Crede needs to some AAA or bench time to regroup and practice. I have seen enough waiting already.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-21-2004, 09:08 AM
in a perfect world, yes, crede would grab some bench. unfortunately the white sox do not have any other major league ready 3b in the organization. heck, crede doesn't even look major league ready most of the time. unless you want to see uribe or valentin starting at 3rd, crede is here to stay. :(:

ma_deuce
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
As much as I hate to see Valentin strike out so much, I would not want to trade him. He comes through with the power shots in the clutch too often.
I'd rather have a consistent hitter than a guy who strikes out three times and hits an occasional homer. That way, we can actually score Harris from first when he is there, and not have to solely rely on the long ball.

Deuce

Aidan
07-21-2004, 09:14 AM
in a perfect world, yes, crede would grab some bench. unfortunately the white sox do not have any other major league ready 3b in the organization. heck, crede doesn't even look major league ready most of the time. unless you want to see uribe or valentin starting at 3rd, crede is here to stay. :(:I'm sure we all remember when Valenstache played 3B when we had "The Choice". I don't see that happening. The only one who would play 3B is Uribe. Uribe played a few games at 3B earlier in the season. Ozzie loves the Stache so he won't be moving to 3B.

Hangar18
07-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Uribe at 3rd ............... At least for a Week ..........

OG4LIFE
07-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Hangar, I understand the point you are trying to make, but unless Crede and Davis are batting 6 times a game, they cant account for 12 outs between them...
i think he implied a few rally-killing GIDP between the two of them...

eurotrash35
07-21-2004, 09:45 AM
I agree with moving Uribe to 3rd, at least for a little while.

CHISOXFAN13
07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Uribe at 3rd ............... At least for a Week ..........

I think Uribe has been as cold, if not colder, than Crede so I'm not sure what this will accomplish either.

SoxxoS
07-21-2004, 10:38 AM
How about a Crede/Borchard for Benson/Machowiak deal???

I think that could possibly work...

the_valenstache
07-21-2004, 12:24 PM

Deuce

Wait 'til the Cubs fire sale...Crede, Valentin, and Davis for Aramis Ramirez and Michael Barrett.

ma_deuce
07-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Wait 'til the Cubs fire sale...Crede, Valentin, and Davis for Aramis Ramirez and Michael Barrett.That would still have us below the three former Scrubs rule...

Deuce

Foulke You
07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
As I suggested in an earlier thread, Crede would benefit from sitting for a couple games to get his head in order. Sometimes when a player thinks his starting job is in jeapordy, it lights a fire under them. Crede just looks helpless at the plate right now. He is beaten before he even steps to the box. Give him a couple games off to let him collect his thoughts and then start him in Game 1 vs the Tigers at home.

Hangar18
07-21-2004, 02:31 PM
How about a Crede/Borchard for Benson/Machowiak deal???

I think that could possibly work...
Say ........... your onto something here. Benson will get Lit up in the AL,
how about Kendall ........and Crede and Jackson instead, this is the Pirates
here, we dont have to give them TALENT, just strong arm them like the cubs did

E Coast Sox Fan
07-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Speaking of the Cubs, they may be willing to unload some talent before the trading deadline too.

Maybe the Cubs would be willing to trade Aramis Ramirez for Joe Crede. They get a young major leaguer with a bright future and cheap salary and they would dump a 6 million dollar salary. We get a hot 3b for the stretch.

Mohoney
07-21-2004, 03:51 PM

Keep Valentin, just GET HIM OUT OF THE #2 HOLE!

Put him somewhere in the lineup where his strikeouts are a little bit easier to hide.

the_valenstache
07-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Speaking of the Cubs, they may be willing to unload some talent before the trading deadline too.

Maybe the Cubs would be willing to trade Aramis Ramirez for Joe Crede. They get a young major leaguer with a bright future and cheap salary and they would dump a 6 million dollar salary. We get a hot 3b for the stretch.
(see post #14) :redneck

mjmcend
07-21-2004, 09:05 PM
That would still have us below the three former Scrubs rule...

DeuceNo it wouldn't. A man by the name of Ross Gload played 18 games in Cub uniform.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Crede earned himself a one-day reprieve with his play this evening. However, tomorrow is another day, and he will have to prove himself all over again.

:crede

*GULP*

owensmouth
07-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Wait 'til the Cubs fire sale...Crede, Valentin, and Davis for Aramis Ramirez and Michael Barrett.
And then all winter you get to hear how the only reason the White Sox won the World Series is because the Cubs helped them. Let ALL the Cubs stew in their own juices in the urnial.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Everytime Crede is on the verge of a deserved benching, he gets some hits and saves his starting spot. If he got his average up to .265+, I'd be happy with him.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Tha fact is that we need Crede's glove at 3B regardless of his offense.

jabrch
07-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Some guy just called into The Score and said Aaron Rowand was the White Sox only 5-tool player. :o: He's probably right.
Carlos has developed defensively to the point of being no worse than average. He has 4.5 Tools I guess.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Carlos has developed defensively to the point of being no worse than average. He has 4.5 Tools I guess.
:hitless

"I'm a one-tool player."

hose
07-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Joe had a .287 OBP going into tonights game, that is pitiful.

Crede had a couple of hits before Uribe replaced him at third. Maybe a few days off will get him back on track.

I am a big believer in Crede, I want to see him get on fire and finish off strong.