PDA

View Full Version : Frank Francisco

jabrch
07-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Was anyone impressed by his outing last night or the night before? Other than having some serious gas (he was between 95 and 98 on his fastball) I was less than impressed. Major league hitters will destroy a straight fastball - regardless of the speed. (see Koch, Billy) I saw nothing in Francisco that leads me to believe he will be anything other than a mediocre bullpen arm at any point in time soon.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Great fastball, no control. He's another Koch in the making. I would trade Frankie Francisco AGAIN for Carl Everett.

jabrch
07-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Great fastball, no control. He's another Koch in the making. I would trade Frankie Francisco [B]AGAIN[B] for Carl Everett.

yup - hard and straight heat. Not gonna fool big league hitters too often.

lowesox
07-21-2004, 10:49 AM
PArt of Billy's problem was that he lost a lot of velocity from what he had when he was very successful. And just because he and Francisco have similar attributes doesn't mean they'll have the same results.

This kid would sure look good in our pen right now. And anybody who says differently is trying to compensate for what turned out to be a bad trade.

jabrch
07-21-2004, 11:27 AM
PArt of Billy's problem was that he lost a lot of velocity from what he had when he was very successful. And just because he and Francisco have similar attributes doesn't mean they'll have the same results.

This kid would sure look good in our pen right now. And anybody who says differently is trying to compensate for what turned out to be a bad trade.
A bad trade? Did you see the numbers that Everett put up with us last year? Are you kidding? Look at Francisco's numbers this year. He is ineffective. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to feed an irrational dislike for KW or a need to be hypercritical about everything he does.

Our bullpen is ranked 3rd in the AL. Francisco would be the backend of it - at best. He is no better than what we have, including even Jackson.

CanOfCorn
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Of course, he could turn it around like Alan Embree. Sometimes guys just figure out how to put that wrinkle on their pitch.

daveeym
07-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I would have rather traded koch than him sure but i don't think it was a bad trade. He's got a way to go before he proves it to be a bad trade and as previously mentioned Carl gave us a great second half last year.

lowesox
07-21-2004, 01:26 PM
A bad trade? Did you see the numbers that Everett put up with us last year? Are you kidding? Look at Francisco's numbers this year. He is ineffective. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to feed an irrational dislike for KW or a need to be hypercritical about everything he does.

Our bullpen is ranked 3rd in the AL. Francisco would be the backend of it - at best. He is no better than what we have, including even Jackson.
We didn't make the playoffs, so all that trade got us was second place. Also, you've misused teal. I don't think you wanted that to be sarcastic.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 06:02 PM
We didn't make the playoffs, so all that trade got us was second place. Also, you've misused teal. I don't think you wanted that to be sarcastic.So because the Sox didn't get us into the playoffs it was a bad trade? So KW should just not make any moves because we MAY not make it to the playoffs? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Kenny Williams doesn't have a time machine where he can go into the future and see if the Sox are going to make the playoffs so he knows whether or not a trade is worth making. The fact is that it WAS a good trade. Carl Everett was huge for us last season and he was one of our only guys who showed up to play the Twins. If you want to blame someone for us not making the playoffs last season, blame the rest of the team not KW or Carl Everett. The way Carl performed last season, the trade was a success.

munchman33
07-21-2004, 06:37 PM
We didn't make the playoffs, so all that trade got us was second place. Also, you've misused teal. I don't think you wanted that to be sarcastic.
That trade gave us hope, put fans in the seats, showed that management was really trying for once.....what are you looking for reasons to be angry?

Flight #24
07-21-2004, 09:07 PM
That trade gave us hope, put fans in the seats, showed that management was really trying for once.....what are you looking for reasons to be angry?
DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!!

Tell him what he's won, Don Pardo!!!:)