PDA

View Full Version : Sending a Message

South Side
07-21-2004, 04:12 AM
Anyone remember going to the Twinkie Dome- land of lost White Sox ball games and taking 3 out 4? Something similar needs to take place tomorrow and Thursday against Cleveland. We need to win both of these ball games and get back on track. These Indians are getting a little too cocky and I still very much believe this division is ours (without a doubt). We've got Burly-Mon and Freddy to get the wins for us and hopefully the offense will arrive in Cleveland on time. Granted, Lee and Sabathia are pitching but I'm confident. GO SOX. :notoons

joeynach
07-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Anyone remember going to the Twinkie Dome- land of lost White Sox ball games and taking 3 out 4? Something similar needs to take place tomorrow and Thursday against Cleveland. We need to win both of these ball games and get back on track. These Indians are getting a little too cocky and I still very much believe this division is ours (without a doubt). We've got Burly-Mon and Freddy to get the wins for us and hopefully the offense will arrive in Cleveland on time. Granted, Lee and Sabathia are pitching but I'm confident. GO SOX. :notoons
I have been worry about cleveland for some time now. I think they are full of studs in their lineup. Especially against righties they have 7 or 8 lefties in the lineup and the 9th place hitter would be jody gerut, jesus christ. I am deathly afraid of their offense. Its 10x better than ours and way more powerful. I would be much more confident if we weren't going against sabathia and lee those two guys for them have been lights out. If we could only face their 4 and 5 pitchers, shux. Good news is we have Buehrle and Garcia going, our two best as well. My guess which ever starting pitcher can go longer will win, becuase both teams will beat up on the others bullpen. We need to take some pitchers and get the count up.

PorkChopExpress
07-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Does everyone realize that if we lose these two games, Cleveland is only 1.5 games behind us? We need these games to put some space between us. That offense crushed Anaheim yesterday. Be wary, but don't be afraid, and just win!

Fungo
07-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Boy, we certainly don't sound like a team that has playoff aspirations do we? And the funny thing is, we're the team that has made all the moves so far to 'better' our team. The rest of the division has stood pat and they are all right there with us.

StrTrkker
07-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Boy, we certainly don't sound like a team that has playoff aspirations do we? And the funny thing is, we're the team that has made all the moves so far to 'better' our team. The rest of the division has stood pat and they are all right there with us.
The reason they are mostly right there is of course that they are winning and we have been having a lousy July. Yes...Cleveland are very important games to win. Coming back home to face Detroit & Minnesota will be the key stretch to see where we stand. If we can win 2 outta 3 with both teams (and I think we will with Detroit and maybe sweep Minnesota) would should be a good 4 games ahead.

Putting the cart before the horse? Sure...but we have to be positive and support our Sox. Im sure the Players are already thinking how these next 8 games are important for playoff aspiration for the year. And with Ozzie as the leader I have no doubt come next weekend the Sox will be firmly in 1st Place.

South Side
07-21-2004, 09:00 PM
I think they accomplished it.

nasox
07-21-2004, 09:28 PM
I think they accomplished it.

You sure? I have my doubts.