Daver
07-20-2004, 10:00 PM
That sucked

dpbyron
07-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Heartbreaker...:whiner:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Came all the way back, then walked the lead-off man in the bottom of the eighth. Two runs allowed.

Boo!

Viva Magglio
07-20-2004, 10:03 PM
And welcome to second place...:angry:

And when will this team get its head out of its ass?

soxwon
Oh God what is that Awfull feeling?

oh its the feeling of second place, now we are in CUBS WORLD.

BUt we Will Return.

johnny_mostil
Came all the way back, then walked the lead-off man in the bottom of the eighth. Two runs allowed.

Boo!
I hope you didn't have to watch the Rangers TV feed. It made things worse.

TomParrish79
Well thats how it goes sometimes.

Hopefully we will win tomorrow.

samram
07-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Konerko and Marte snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The difference between the Sox offense and the Rangers' offense is they have good hitters 1-9, whereas the Sox are currently good from 2-5 or 6. That was a heroic effort by Ben Davis in that last at-bat too.

balboner
07-20-2004, 10:04 PM
This was the second time this year that Ozzie got his behind handed to him by Buck S. Ozzie wasted Maggs in the 7th, didnt have anyone ready to face Barajas in the 8th, and let Mr. 087 bat in the 9th. I'm not even mad about the Konerko situationn. Tonight was a great example of the strengths and weaknesses of PK. I'll take a 2 run homer game anyday. BTW, something needs to be done about Crede. He's been absolutely terrible.

southsideirish71
07-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Nice to see another pitcher swinging the momentum to the opposing team. Walking the leadoff hitter after you tie the game is the same as getting a knee in the nutz.

inta
07-20-2004, 10:07 PM
oh well.
a loss is a loss, but this one's not a stinger by any means. texas is in first place for a reason.

starting gload was kinda silly though.... tinker schminker.

sox need to feast on cleveland now.

South Side
07-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Konerko's last AB made me sick. I mean if they expect to win a game when they can't score a run with 2 on and no outs than they are idiots. Crede's swing is excruciating to watch and something needs to be done about it. That said, I am fully aware that "the sky is NOT falling" but you have to be pained with the result of this game... It really pinpoints our weaknesses.

Blueprint1
07-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Out Managed Again.

South Side
07-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Out Managed Again.
It's his first year.

Win1ForMe
07-20-2004, 10:09 PM
No Frank. No Maggs (in an official AB capacity). :angry: :whiner: :angry: :whiner:

If anyone hears anything on Maggs during the postgame please pass it along.

Joe "Mr. 2nd Half" Crede is now hitting .154 in July with a robust .373 OPS. He absolutely has to be the least productive 3B in the AL. Has to be...

Not that this will ever happen but:

:crede -------------> http://www.goway.com/passpages/pp_img/other/bus_new.jpg----------->http://www.isopro.com/sky/llpics2/llnc799.gif

elrod
07-20-2004, 10:10 PM
It's funny. In close games on the road I just expect us to lose. In close games at home I just expect us to win. And I'm rarely disappointed.

owensmouth
07-20-2004, 10:11 PM
When we went into the bottom of the eighth, I thought the Rangers would not score for four innings. I just knew that Marte was good for two innings and then Shingo was good for two innings...

lowesox
07-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Sorry, it's probably been mentioned around here recently, but does Joe Crede have any more options left? I'm a huge Crede fan - in fact, he's one of my favourite White Sox, but I think a little stint down at AAA would really help him get his confidence again.

chisoxt
07-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Out Managed Again.
No, out-general managed. Our bench is terrible. Willie Harris can't hit. And is Ross Gload a major league player?

HomeFish
07-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Oh God what is that Awfull feeling?

oh its the feeling of second place, now we are in CUBS WORLD.

BUt we Will Return.

No, we're in REDS WORLD. Cubs world would be third place.

South Side
07-20-2004, 10:16 PM
No, out-general managed. Our bench is terrible. Willie Harris can't hit. And is Ross Gload a major league player?
I don't think Willie is to blame here....

Win1ForMe
07-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Willie Harris went 1-3 with a BB. That's a .500 OBP. What's the problem?

OEO Magglio
07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
No, out-general managed. Our bench is terrible. Willie Harris can't hit. And is Ross Gload a major league player?That's a joke right?

owensmouth
07-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Both of them got hits today. Ross got to third but no one could get him in. Willie was on twice. Somebody has to drive these guys in when they get on.

Irishsox1
07-20-2004, 10:24 PM
The decision to pinch Maggs in the seventh was a major mistake. The Sox had man on third in the 7th and 8th and struck out to end the inning both times. As for that "hit" off Marte in the 8th, that was a garbage fluke hit.

On a different note, the Sox have 2 players that need to get off the team right now. They are not helping one bit. 1. Mike Jackson and 2. Ben Davis with Wille Harris not far behind. He cant hit, he cant steal bases and he has average range in the field. The Sox need Jason Kendall if they want to make the playoffs or a legit leadoff hitter.

kcsportscaster
07-20-2004, 10:27 PM
After watching some highlights and getting some details on WGN's late news because, once again, they didn't see fit to televise the game, what a freakin' heartbreaker!!!! I thought that after DA SOX fought their way back after being down 4-1 that they would finish off the Rangers, but Marte gave the game away in the eighth, add to that the Twinkies not going away against the Tigers, and this team is now a half a game back:angry:!!!! Also, why can't Kenny Williams get rid of the following: Gload, Perez, and most of all Jon F. Garland???? Garland has been GOD AWFUL this year. Can't K-W con some team desperate for pitching into taking him???? DA SOX have to focus on the two games against the Indians, and they MUST sweep in order to at least keep pace with those damned Twinkies.

Lip Man 1
07-20-2004, 10:28 PM
From the AP recap story on the game. I didn't realize this....makes tonight even harder to take:

"Wasdin, who has been used by Texas as a starter and reliever, was making his first start since July 1 and fifth start of the season. He had a 9.98 ERA in his previous four outings."
Lip

pczarapa
07-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Konerko and Marte snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The difference between the Sox offense and the Rangers' offense is they have good hitters 1-9, whereas the Sox are currently good from 2-5 or 6. That was a heroic effort by Ben Davis in that last at-bat too.

That at bat by Davis to close the game was absolutely pathetic, I don't care if it was only his 49th at bat - absolutely brutal.

michned
From the AP recap story on the game. I didn't realize this....makes tonight even harder to take:

"Wasdin, who has been used by Texas as a starter and reliever, was making his first start since July 1 and fifth start of the season. He had a 9.98 ERA in his previous four outings."
Lip

Cy Wasdin...

Win1ForMe

LipLuckily, the Sox have conditioned us to expect these type of performances. Afterall, we scored 12 last night, and that's 16 for the entire series. 8.0 runs per game ain't bad, right?

South Side
07-20-2004, 10:33 PM
After watching some highlights and getting some details on WGN's late news because, once again, they didn't see fit to televise the game, what a freakin' heartbreaker!!!! I thought that after DA SOX fought their way back after being down 4-1 that they would finish off the Rangers, but Marte gave the game away in the eighth, add to that the Twinkies not going away against the Tigers, and this team is now a half a game back:angry:!!!! Also, why can't Kenny Williams get rid of the following: Gload, Perez, and most of all Jon F. Garland???? Garland has been GOD AWFUL this year. Can't K-W con some team desperate for pitching into taking him???? DA SOX have to focus on the two games against the Indians, and they MUST sweep in order to at least keep pace with those damned Twinkies.

Apparently, since you missed the game you're insulting the wrong players. Gload got a hit tonight and was on 3rd when no one could get him home (not his fault). Jon Garland was not the problem either... He gave up 4 runs in 6 innings which is not as bad as it could be. The people to blame are Konerko, who grounded into a double play with no outs and a man on first and second with a tie game... Crede- seems to be the only person who hasn't realized that his sllllooow lazy swing isn't doing anything for this team, and lastly Marte. Marte has been great so I personally am not holding one bad outing on him. If we could manage to play even he something remotely like small ball than he would have gone out there with the lead. We better beat the Indians or there will be problems.

pczarapa
07-20-2004, 10:34 PM

They both contributed tonight, I think Willy was on base twice

WHarris13
07-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Getting on base 50% of the time tonight isn't good enough for you?
with Wille Harris not far behind.

chisoxfan79
07-20-2004, 10:35 PM
I really hope this team gets going because they are going to kill me this year I just broke my second remote control of the season and we are only halfway through.:angry:

South Side
07-20-2004, 10:37 PM
They both contributed tonight, I think Willy was on base twice
Yes, not to mention, Willie was batting lead off and got on base in the 1rst, which is what so many people here have stressed is what is needed of him. He did his job tonight.

michned
07-20-2004, 10:42 PM
...Gload got a hit tonight and was on 3rd when no one could get him home (not his fault).
And another point in his defense: he tagged from first to second on a flyball to right center. Heads up play. He is a serviceable reserve player who does his job.

Corlose 15
07-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Someone should keep track the number of times White Sox pitchers give back runs the 1/2 inning after the Sox score. It happens all the friekin time!!!:angry:

I think this team is incapable of scoring if they don't hit a homerun.

kcsportscaster
07-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Apparently, since you missed the game you're insulting the wrong players. Gload got a hit tonight and was on 3rd when no one could get him home (not his fault). Jon Garland was not the problem either... He gave up 4 runs in 6 innings which is not as bad as it could be. The people to blame are Konerko, who grounded into a double play with no outs and a man on first and second with a tie game... Crede- seems to be the only person who hasn't realized that his sllllooow lazy swing isn't doing anything for this team, and lastly Marte. Marte has been great so I personally am not holding one bad outing on him. If we could manage to play even he something remotely like small ball than he would have gone out there with the lead. We better beat the Indians or there will be problems.
Even after seeing highlights on SportsCenter moments ago, I still feel that Garland MUST go!!!! ESPN didn't show enough of what DA SOX did wrong, specifically Paulie grounding into a double play with the game tied. Also, I'm starting to have the same feelings about Crede that some of you are. Why is he still not only in the lineup, but even on the big club???? GO GET THE INDIANS TOMORROW AND THURSDAY, DAMN IT!!!!

Unregistered
07-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, on the plus side: In only 2 games, Carl Everett has already equalled or surpassed Joe Borchard in every offensive category except for rbi's.

Hmm.. maybe that's not really a "plus". :?:

chisoxfan79
07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=Corlose 15]Someone should keep track the number of times White Sox pitchers give back runs the 1/2 inning after the Sox score. It happens all the friekin time!!!:angry:
This is a stat I am curious about. I will bet you ELO leads the league in this catergorey.

Viva Magglio
07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Even after seeing highlights on SportsCenter moments ago, I still feel that Garland MUST go!!!!
I'd love to see that head case go too, but whom do we replace him with?

kcsportscaster
07-20-2004, 10:55 PM
I'd love to see that head case go too, but whom do we replace him with?
Can't K-W get either Randy Johnson from the D-Backs for either Joe Borchard or Ben Davis or Kris Benson and Jason Kendall from the Pirates for the same two despite Kendall's contract????

kcsportscaster
07-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Can't K-W get either Randy Johnson from the D-Backs for either Joe Borchard or Ben Davis or Kris Benson and Jason Kendall from the Pirates for the same two despite Kendall's contract????
It would be smart to include Garland in either trade proposal as well.

South Side
07-20-2004, 10:58 PM
The Unit for Ben Davis?
:roflmao:

milrtyme28
07-20-2004, 11:25 PM
:whiner: I actually think I heard taps playing as big bad ben davis stepped to the plate with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Watching him swing at the low inside pitch that nearly hit his ankle was especially entertaining. Timo's at bat wasnt much more impressive.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Even after seeing highlights on SportsCenter moments ago, I still feel that Garland MUST go!!!! ESPN didn't show enough of what DA SOX did wrong, specifically Paulie grounding into a double play with the game tied. Also, I'm starting to have the same feelings about Crede that some of you are. Why is he still not only in the lineup, but even on the big club???? GO GET THE INDIANS TOMORROW AND THURSDAY, DAMN IT!!!!
What the highlights didn't show you was the way Jon was still able to hold Texas to 4 runs over 6 innings, and I am sure they didn't show that he retired the last six he faced. He CERTAINLY is not the reason for the loss tonight, and there is no way in a hot place that he should be going any where!!

mealfred13
07-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok, we can't blame this loss on the following people, and my reasoning for it:

Garland: Gave up a 2 run jack to the most homer-happy team in baseball. Other than that, 2 runs ain't bad, and 4 is not horrible for a team who has put up as many runs as the Sox to still win.

Konerko: GIDP with 0 out and 2 men on. However, he also hit a 2 run homerun earlier in the game, without which his GIDP would have been alot worse, but the Sox probably wouldn't have still been in the game anyway.

Marte: Dreaded lead-off walk which came around to score. If anyone is to blame, it's Marte for his poor outing, but considering his record this year, it's bound to happen a couple times a year. He's not gonna be perfect all the time. We should have had the lead by the time he got there anyway.

Other than that, Jackson had a decent outing for a change, Everett seems to be doing well getting on base and making good contact, Rowand got robbed of a couple nice hard drives, Willie is getting on base one way or another, Lee's still flashing the power and base hits to boot.

Now, on to Crede. I've defended Crede, but he is really sucking it up offensively. Something needs to be done about his hitting. If that means sending him down and having Uribe play third for a while, so be it.

And finally, Ozzie. I hate to say it but part of this loss was Ozzie's fault. IMO, Konerko should have been bunting with 2 men on and no outs. No doubt. He may be hitting well, but he GIDPs ALOT, and he's mostly a pull hitter. There's a good chance he's going to pull the ball to short if he fails in hitting it opposite field, which he used to be really good at.

A decent bunt by Konerko puts 2 men in scoring position, and all but gaurantees at least 1 run on a sac fly to give us the lead. What happened to small-ball. And what does Texas do during their next at-bat? Bunt to move the runners along, making Ozzie look like s***.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Uribe available to hit off the bench? If so, why not throw him in to bat against Cordero instead of Davis. I don't care if Davis is able to bat lefty; chances are, he's not gonna hit anything at this point in time, and I'd rather see Uribe take a hack at it. And for whoever said, the hitters looked like s*** batting in that last inning, remember that Cordero is 2nd in saves this year, so that's his job.

I'm all out of comments. Crappy game, but we better start winning or I may have to start rooting for the Cardinals.... (and I'm a lifelong Sox fan, in good times and bad, so that's saying something)

ClaudelSleptHere
07-21-2004, 12:33 AM
I am as frustrated as anyone about the loss tonight, but can we please stop proposing deals like Joe Borchard and Ben Davis for Randy Johnson. I'm thinking the Diamondbacks may just be expecting more for the Unit than a .260 AAA quarterback and a catcher who needs to go Dimaggio to get to .100.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 12:47 AM
I am as frustrated as anyone about the loss tonight, but can we please stop proposing deals like Joe Borchard and Ben Davis for Randy Johnson. I'm thinking the Diamondbacks may just be expecting more for the Unit than a .260 AAA quarterback and a catcher who needs to go Dimaggio to get to .100.But we are going to get Randy Johnson for Ben Davis, Mike Jackson, a player to be named later, and a bucket of balls! Didn't you know that Arizona desperately needs a bust catcher and a washed up gascan?

CHISOXFAN13
07-21-2004, 01:29 AM
And finally, Ozzie. I hate to say it but part of this loss was Ozzie's fault. IMO, Konerko should have been bunting with 2 men on and no outs. No doubt. He may be hitting well, but he GIDPs ALOT, and he's mostly a pull hitter. There's a good chance he's going to pull the ball to short if he fails in hitting it opposite field, which he used to be really good at.

A decent bunt by Konerko puts 2 men in scoring position, and all but gaurantees at least 1 run on a sac fly to give us the lead. What happened to small-ball. And what does Texas do during their next at-bat? Bunt to move the runners along, making Ozzie look like s***.

First off, you do not bunt with your leading power hitter. I can't recall a player with the power nu,mbers that Konerko has ever butning runners over to second and third. How the hell do we assume he gets the job done anyway in that situation?

While Nix did get the job done with a sac bunt, I don't recall seeing Texiera butning the runner to second with nobody out.

Secondly, Gload whiffed on three pitches, so I guess that takes away the guaranteed run we would have scored.

JB98
07-21-2004, 01:53 AM
First off, you do not bunt with your leading power hitter. I can't recall a player with the power nu,mbers that Konerko has ever butning runners over to second and third. How the hell do we assume he gets the job done anyway in that situation?

While Nix did get the job done with a sac bunt, I don't recall seeing Texiera butning the runner to second with nobody out.

Secondly, Gload whiffed on three pitches, so I guess that takes away the guaranteed run we would have scored.
Finally, someone makes a sensible post tonight. Why the hell would we take the bat out of Konerko's hands in order to give Gload an opportunity? That's just ridiculous. Who do you have more faith in, Konerko or Gload? I'll take Paulie. I've had it with all these pleas for more small ball. We are a power hitting team. We live and die by the extra-base hit. It's been that way for many years, so get used to it. Ozzie did the right thing by having Konerko swing away. No one will be able to convince me otherwise, even though the results are not good.

In addition, I can't believe people want to run Garland out of town and acquire Kris Benson. I could make a strong case that Benson is the biggest head case in all of baseball. McClendon HATES Benson and has called him out in the press many times. He makes Garland look mentally tough by comparison. I hope the Twins acquire Benson. He will fold when the stakes are at their highest, or he will get injured.

Stop the RJ talk. We aren't getting him, and you all are wasting your time discussing the issue. And don't think we are going to get any quality players in return by packaging Davis and Jackson in a trade. Let's get realistic people. You aren't going to be able to get rid of the worst players on the team by pawning them off in a trade.

OurBitchinMinny
07-21-2004, 02:14 AM
The decision to pinch Maggs in the seventh was a major mistake. The Sox had man on third in the 7th and 8th and struck out to end the inning both times. As for that "hit" off Marte in the 8th, that was a garbage fluke hit.

On a different note, the Sox have 2 players that need to get off the team right now. They are not helping one bit. 1. Mike Jackson and 2. Ben Davis with Wille Harris not far behind. He cant hit, he cant steal bases and he has average range in the field. The Sox need Jason Kendall if they want to make the playoffs or a legit leadoff hitter.
By no means am I a mike jackson fan, but Im pretty sure he threw a scoreless inning in relief tonight, unless the cbs sportsline boxscore is lying to me. And the great marte (most overrated reliever I know of) lost it in the eigth. I know marte has good #'s but the guy chokes in the clutch, i.e sunday night at the urinal. walks way too many guys and goes to full counts w/ pretty much every hitter.

mealfred13
07-21-2004, 02:14 AM

I did say "all but gaurantees." And besides that, Gload would have less pressure on him to hit with only 1 out, and a runner at third. And finally, I'd rather see Konerko bunt for a couple reasons: A) He's hitting .186 since the ASB. and B) He grounds into double plays more than anyone else I can remember. If nothing else, have the freaking runners pull a double steal on the last pitch and make something happen.

Also, I don't buy this "power hitters don't bunt" bulls***. Everyone should know how to bunt, and everyone should be able to bunt when the situation calls for it. Period.

JB98
07-21-2004, 02:31 AM
I did say "all but gaurantees." And besides that, Gload would have less pressure on him to hit with only 1 out, and a runner at third. And finally, I'd rather see Konerko bunt for a couple reasons: A) He's hitting .186 since the ASB. and B) He grounds into double plays more than anyone else I can remember. If nothing else, have the freaking runners pull a double steal on the last pitch and make something happen.

Also, I don't buy this "power hitters don't bunt" bulls***. Everyone should know how to bunt, and everyone should be able to bunt when the situation calls for it. Period.
Nonsense. This notion that "everyone should be able to bunt" is irrelevant because the fact is 80 percent of the players in MLB can't bunt. They call it a lost art for a reason. I don't know of any team in baseball that calls upon the guys who are hitting 3, 4 or 5 in the batting order to bunt. In a clutch situation, you don't ask a player to do something he's not used to doing. Typically with this team, when Ozzie calls for a bunt, the end result is two foul balls, an 0-2 count and an eventual strikeout. Or perhaps a popout. It doesn't matter that you think they should be able to bunt, because outside of Uribe and Rowand, they can't. You play the game according to your personnel. Konerko is a proven RBI man, so you give him an opportunity to drive in a run in that spot. He failed tonight. So what? Let's get 'em tomorrow.

mealfred13
07-21-2004, 02:39 AM
Typically with this team, when Ozzie calls for a bunt, the end result is two foul balls, an 0-2 count and an eventual strikeout. Or perhaps a popout.Therein lies the problem....

It doesn't matter that you think they should be able to bunt, because outside of Uribe and Rowand, they can't. You play the game according to your personnel.Which i brought up in another thread i think. Why not have Uribe bunt for Konerko. With any luck, we may have had an infield single. Then, have Gload move to first, uribe to second, Willie to Center, and Rowand to right. The game was all but over after the 8th, because everyone knew Cordero was coming in and we were screwed. May as well take a chance.

Let's get 'em tomorrow.I'll agree to disagree and just watch tomorrow's game and see what happens. Let's just say, I wouldn't EXPECT Paulie to bunt, or EXPECT Uribe to PH for Paulie in order to bunt, but I'd prefer anything to a GIDP.....That's why I argue. :)

Aidan
07-21-2004, 03:18 AM

Also, I don't buy this "power hitters don't bunt" bulls***. Everyone should know how to bunt, and everyone should be able to bunt when the situation calls for it. Period.One reason Paulie Walnuts DOES NOT bunt in that situation is because he has one sacrifice bunt in his career with the White Sox. This was mentioned on The Score and everyone agreed that your best power hitter does not bunt in that situation. He probably can't even bunt for that matter. JB98 is right, there are probably a ton of players in the MLB that can't lay down a bunt. It has become a "lost art" in today's baseball. Only the Marlins still know how to play Ozzie-Ball and the last time I checked, we are not the Marlins.

SoxxoS
07-21-2004, 07:33 AM
If anyone needs to spend some quality time in the minors...it is DEFINITELY Ben Davis.

He missed those balls thrown by Cordero by a solid 10-15 inches. It might be time to resume that modeling career, b/c his MLB hitting confidence is shot.

BigEdWalsh
07-21-2004, 07:50 AM
I was at a game once when Dick Allen bunted for a hit with the bases loaded. Shocked everybody in the ballpark. It was very cool.
While I agree in principle that Konerko SHOULD have bunted, the problem is he sucks I'm sure at bunting, so not sure it would have been a good idea. It wouldn't hurt to have tried.:dunno:

Frater Perdurabo
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm as disappointed as the next person that the Sox lost, even more so since I was there in person. (Right field, upper deck, first row)

Lay off Jon Garland already. He gave up four runs to one of the most powerful and talented lineups in the league. That's actually better than what I thought would happen last night, and I'm a Garland fan. Is Garland the equivalent of Mark Prior or Andy Pettitte? Of course not. But then again, Prior and Pettitte are injured.

Give the Rangers some credit. They are a FIRST PLACE TEAM. Yes, they are young, and the national media is just now "discovering" them, but they have a tremendous mix of speed, hustle, power and athleticism on both sides of the plate. They get on base, hit extra base hits and hit lots of homers. They are playing loose and with an attitiude that they have nothing to lose. Buck Showalter has instilled discipline and the clubhouse chemistry is top notch now that uber-egos like A-Rod, Raffy and Juan Gonzalez are gone. They are just two starting pitchers away from being prohibitive World Series favorites. I believe ANY team in the majors would trade their infield straight up for the Rangers outfield. In the outfield, Laynce Nix and Kevin Mench are future stars and Gary Matthews Jr. is white-hot right now. In addition, Rod Barajas is filling in most capably for the injured Gerald Laird, who was an early favorite for AL Rookie of the Year.

Again, I am disappointed that the Sox pissed away a game with some boneheaded moves, especially that they couldn't figure out The Great John Wasdin for five innings (apart from Lee's homer). :mad: But the Rangers won that game more than the Sox lost it.

gobears1987
07-21-2004, 12:48 PM
OMFG! We are a half game back and lost to the best offensive team in baseball and everyone is jumping ship. Big ****ing deal, we'll crush the Twins next week and get back in 1st.

Lip Man 1
07-21-2004, 01:05 PM
But will we 'crush' the Indians and Tigers before getting to the Twins?
If we lose those games beating the Twins won't matter much will it?

Lip

SoxxoS
07-21-2004, 01:16 PM
But will we 'crush' the Indians and Tigers before getting to the Twins?
If we lose those games beating the Twins won't matter much will it?

Lip
Yeah it will, have you seen the Twins schedule?

Lip Man 1
07-21-2004, 04:46 PM
And again I ask, what is the Indians and Tigers schedule like the last month? They are in this thing remember.

Lip

DaveIsHere
07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah it will, have you seen the Twins schedule?That is why they actually play out the games, just ask the CUBS, they are suppose to be division champs and WS bound remember, but one minor detail, they have to play the games and win.