PDA

View Full Version : No Maggs?

Soxforlife
07-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know why Maggs is not in the lineup... i know he's not hitting but is Ross Gload any better?

ndgt10
07-20-2004, 07:24 PM
He was a late scratch with knee soreness.

joeynach
07-20-2004, 07:26 PM
He was a late scratch with knee soreness.
Damn it, not good at all. We wont survive against sabathia and lee this week without maggs nor frank.

Kogs35
07-20-2004, 07:26 PM
id rather have timo than gload. but there both terrible so whatever

Soxforlife
07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
id rather have timo than gload. but there both terrible so whatever
I think Timo is way more clutch than Gload. Plus Timo doesn't drop fly balls out there.

Is it soreness or pain?

twinsuck1
07-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Is this just for tonight??????

SEALgep
07-20-2004, 07:38 PM
I think Timo is way more clutch than Gload. Plus Timo doesn't drop fly balls out there.

Is it soreness or pain?Gload is still a pretty good defender, despite those mishaps. He's a better first baseman. However, Gload is a pretty solid hitter, and he goes the other way nicely. Is Gload playing right or is Everett? My guess is Everett, so Gload's play in right would be immaterial anyhow.

Soxforlife
07-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Gload is still a pretty good defender, despite those mishaps. He's a better first baseman. However, Gload is a pretty solid hitter, and he goes the other way nicely. Is Gload playing right or is Everett? My guess is Everett, so Gload's play in right would be immaterial anyhow.
Everett is DH, Gload in right, Rowand in center and Lee in Left

Nick@Nite
07-20-2004, 07:46 PM
He was a late scratch with knee soreness.DAMMIT! :angry:

If Maggs can't play, I agree with Soxforlife regarding Timo should be out there instead of Gload. Not having Maggs' bat makes it that much more important to not give away extra outs to a dangerous hitting Texas lineup. Manos, PK, El Caballo and Carl should get healthy hacks against Wadsin and his 7.33 ERA... if Maggs is out, let's make sure we can catch the ball. :?:

jeremyb1
07-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Maggs is in a bit of trouble with Herm and Ozzie then Re: his assistance to play RF yesterday according to the Trib.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040719soxbits,1,196921.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

owensmouth
07-20-2004, 09:06 PM
No Maggs, no Frank... Cubs fans will rejoice; we're dead

gobears1987
07-20-2004, 10:19 PM
He's not injured, he just pinched hit for Alomar, only to be intentionally walked. My guess is the trainers wanted him to take a rest after playing in the field. I'd expect Everett to play RF tomorrow and Maggs to DH, or he will be back in RF after the break

South Side
07-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Maggs is in a bit of trouble with Herm and Ozzie then Re: his assistance to play RF yesterday according to the Trib.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040719soxbits,1,196921.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

That's kind of making Maggs seem like a bit of a pain in the ass... Had he listened maybe he could have contributed tonight. Obviously, he has his own agenda... I'm a Maggs fan but that's annoying.

Win1ForMe
07-20-2004, 11:28 PM
fom the Tribune (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040720soxbits,1,4068138.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Magglio Ordonez said he was sore Tuesday, but that was expected and he was penciled into right field against the Texas Rangers.

Then, about 45 minutes before the game, Ordonez was scratched from the starting lineup. In the seventh inning, though, Ordonez made a brief appearance as a pinch-hitter for Sandy Alomar Jr.

Ordonez, who was intentionally walked, gave way to pinch-runner Ben Davis.

Manager Ozzie Guillen wasn't thrilled about having Ordonez play right field on Monday night. His intention was to have Ordonez work out in the field before the game, then give him the night off and see how he felt Tuesday.

But Ordonez balked and told Guillen he wanted to play the field for the first time since coming off the disabled list.

Guillen anticipated Ordonez would be sore the next day, but likely didn't plan on having to hold him out of the lineup.

SSN721
07-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Well lets just hope he is playing DH tonight, it seemed kind of early to me for hime to be in the field so soon after his surgery. Maybe another week at DH and he will be ready for the field. As long as he didnt hurt himself at all playing RF on monday.