PDA

View Full Version : Hawkins goes completely Nuts!!!

Grobber33
07-20-2004, 06:17 PM
For those of you wondering if I will rip the Cubs a 'New One' read the following:

Hawkins officialy blew a gasket after fanning Yadier Molina to end the 9th. He must have thought that Plate Umpire Tim Tschida threw the Home Run Balls to Pujols and Sanders,and helped him give up 10 runs in his last 12.1 innings of work,as he charged the Ump and it took Dusty Baker,Coach Gene Clines and Crew Chief Joe Brinkman,among others to prevent him from getting to Tschida. Since Hawkins has become a mime,we had to assume he felt he was being squeezed.We he did talk,and said Tschida had held a grudge sine Aug 16,2002 when they went at it. Hawkins said there were two pitches that he got ripped off on.Needless to say,he was ejected,will be fined,and could-no SHOULD face a suspention.....Sosa's slump continues as he was 0-5,and altho he did not strike out,he also did not hit the ball hard.....This loss dropped the Cubs into 3rd place 1/2 game behind the Reds.

My entire story of Trashing this gutless team is at www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com/)
I'm sure you'll all enjoy. Bone Appetite!!!

Dub25
07-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Well LaTroy, it is hard to call those pitches strikes when they are flying into the drunk basket.

Dan H
07-20-2004, 06:22 PM
I think this whole team has gone nuts. Forget the Wild Card as well as the Division. It is one thing to be the lovable losers. It is quite another to try to live up to World Series expectations. And don't forget. This was supposed to be Prior's start. Typical Cubbie choke job.

Johnny Mostil
07-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Les, I don't closely follow that team, but I am curious about your take on something. How can a team be fifth in the league in BA, 2nd in ERA, and 2nd in fielding average and be TEN games behind a team first in batting, fourth in pitching, and sixth in fielding? I suppose one might say it's the difference between La Russa and Baker, but I guess I'm surprised it's that great.

Anyway, while there's a lot of ball left to be played, this, to me, may be the most amazing Cubs team since '87, when Dawson was MVP, Sutcliffe very nearly won the Cy Young Award, and the Cubs still managed to finish last . . .

CubKilla
07-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Well LaTroy, it is hard to call those pitches strikes when they are flying into the drunk basket.
:D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

mcfish
07-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Hawkins talking to Bruce Levine: "It's fine. It's fine." Apparantly 2 pitches were "right down the center of the plate. I watched 1, I know about 1, but it's fine."

Hawkins thinks this stems back to an incident in August 2001 when he was a Twin. He said something to the ump then and he thinks the ump had a personal reason for the calls. The umps just said that the pitches were balls and that he has never made a call on the field for personal reasons.

munchman33
07-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Les, I don't closely follow that team, but I am curious about your take on something. How can a team be fifth in the league in BA, 2nd in ERA, and 2nd in fielding average and be TEN games behind a team first in batting, fourth in pitching, and sixth in fielding? I suppose one might say it's the difference between La Russa and Baker, but I guess I'm surprised it's that great.

Part of that lies in the fact that up until now, the Cardinals have actually faced the 3rd hardest schedule in baseball. Makes you wonder exactly how awesome they really are.

Aidan
07-20-2004, 06:29 PM
He also thought that Molina was trying to throw his bat at him. LaTrow was just interviewed on The Score and sounded like a complete head-case.

Grobber33
07-20-2004, 06:31 PM

Anyway, while there's a lot of ball left to be played, this, to me, may be the most amazing Cubs team since '87, when Dawson was MVP, Sutcliffe very nearly won the Cy Young Award, and the Cubs still managed to finish last . . .
The thing about that 1987 team Johnny is that they were healthy. They were in front untill the Cards swept a pair of three game series from them--then they went South. Dawson and Sutcliffe were great that year,but the rest of that team was awful,and Stick Michael,while a great Baseball Man,was not a very good Manager and was at odds with Dallas Green.
This year's team has shown me they are gutless--in plain words. Yeah,they are in the so called wild card hunt,but I see them falling lower. As I said at the end of Spring Training,this team has too many holes and Jim Hendry has not been able to fill enough of them the way Kenny Williams is trying to,and has so far with the Sox.

mcfish
07-20-2004, 06:32 PM
I guess LaTroy should have stuck with his media silence. He was better off that way.

thepaulbowski
07-20-2004, 06:35 PM
As I said at the end of Spring Training,this team has too many holes and Jim Hendry has not been able to fill enough of them the way Kenny Williams is trying to,and has so far with the Sox.
Hey, come on Grobber as a member of the media you aren't suppose to say anthing positive about the Sox, you must have missed the memo. :)

Johnny Mostil
07-20-2004, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Johnny Mostil]Les, I don't closely follow that team, but I am curious about your take on something. How can a team be fifth in the league in BA, 2nd in ERA, and 2nd in fielding average and be TEN games behind a team first in batting, fourth in pitching, and sixth in fielding? I suppose one might say it's the difference between La Russa and Baker, but I guess I'm surprised it's that great.
QUOTE]

Part of that lies in the fact that up until now, the Cardinals have actually faced the 3rd hardest schedule in baseball. Makes you wonder exactly how awesome they really are.
Good point. (I've no idea how tough the Cubs' schedule has been.) And aren't the Cards playing something like .700 ball in their last 60 games or so?

Johnny Mostil
07-20-2004, 06:40 PM
The thing about that 1987 team Johnny is that they were healthy. They were in front untill the Cards swept a pair of three game series from them--then they went South. Dawson and Sutcliffe were great that year,but the rest of that team was awful,and Stick Michael,while a great Baseball Man,was not a very good Manager and was at odds with Dallas Green.
This year's team has shown me they are gutless--in plain words. Yeah,they are in the so called wild card hunt,but I see them falling lower. As I said at the end of Spring Training,this team has too many holes and Jim Hendry has not been able to fill enough of them the way Kenny Williams is trying to,and has so far with the Sox.
Thanks for the reply, Les. I'd forgotten about the Cards' sweeps that year. And, you're right, Michael, a good guy from what little I hear, was never a good manager.

bigfoot
07-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Did Hawkins go to the Kerry Wood School of Pitching?

Or was that outburst part of the Dale Carnegie Course, The Missing Pages?

DrCrawdad
07-20-2004, 06:55 PM
...This year's team has shown me they are gutless--in plain words. Yeah,they are in the so called wild card hunt, but I see them falling lower. As I said at the end of Spring Training,this team has too many holes and Jim Hendry has not been able to fill enough of them...

Les,

Thanks for the frank, honest evaluation of the Cubbies. Do you hold Dusty responsible for the teams failure and meltdown?

http://www.vvdailypress.com/family/meltdown/meltdown.jpg

http://members.tcq.net/video61/images/7800/gamepics/meltdown.jpg

soxwon
07-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Cue Up Nervous Norvous!!!!

Kerry,Prior, Latroy, Zambo, Sosa, Alou
THEYRE COMING TO US AWAY
HA HA HO HO HEE HEE

Back up the Padded Truck,
these guys are going Bananas

Grobber33
07-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Cue Up Nervous Norvous!!!!

Kerry,Prior, Latroy, Zambo, Sosa, Alou
THEYRE COMING TO US AWAY
HA HA HO HO HEE HEE

Back up the Padded Truck,
these guys are going BananasSeeing that quote(of the 1966 Nepolian III song/rap)makes me miss having a show in which to play that!

soxwon
07-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Seeing that quote(of the 1966 Nepolian III song/rap)makes me miss having a show in which to play that!
i stand corrected.

havelj
07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Anyone (anyone!) know when Kerry Wood is serving his 5-game suspension?

Will Zambrano be suspended?

Will Hawkins be suspended/tranquilized?

Aidan
07-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Anyone (anyone!) know when Kerry Wood is serving his 5-game suspension?Wood appealed the suspension but I haven't heard anything about it since. Obviously, he could not serve the suspension when he was on the DL.
Will Zambrano be suspended?Probably not.
Will Hawkins be suspended/tranquilized?Hawkins will more likely be suspended than Zambrano. Then the Scrubbies will have Farnsworth as their closer. He is aalmost as much of a head-case as Hawkins.

Shoeless Joe
07-20-2004, 09:18 PM
he did talk,and said Tschida had held a grudge sine Aug 16,2002 when they went at it.
To me this is the most inane thing I've heard in my life. And it goes to show you how much of an absolute tool Hawkins was and is. How the hell are you going to remember the exact date that you both had a confrontation on? (FYI from the Score: I guess the incident involved Tschida asking Hawkins to move his chair from the bullpen because it was interfering with the field. Hawkins refused to.) That's an absolute joke. I really hope he gets suspended for a while for going crazy over nothing.

RedPinStripes
07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
What puzzles me is where does Dusty get the balls to complain about other teams showing them up?

Sosa is the biggest hot dog in baseball. And Zambrano of all people love to pump his fists , stare the batter in the eye after a K and yell at the top of his lungs. Why cant Edmonds watch his homer? I'm waiting for a batter to kick the **** out of Zambrano one day and Sosa to get another runaway fastball in the ear. Bunch of jagoffs.

Lip Man 1
07-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Nervous Norvus did a rather gory song called 'transfusion' in the late 50's about a speed junkie who keeps having accidents.

Nice...

By the way I actually have that single in my collection, what was I thinking???

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2004, 11:40 PM
What puzzles me is where does Dusty get the balls to complain about other teams showing them up?

Sosa is the biggest hot dog in baseball. And Zambrano of all people love to pump his fists , stare the batter in the eye after a K and yell at the top of his lungs. Why cant Edmonds watch his homer? I'm waiting for a batter to kick the **** out of Zambrano one day and Sosa to get another runaway fastball in the ear. Bunch of jagoffs.
Boers and Bernstein were absolutely going off on this point. Apparently there is a printed interview with Dusty somewhere done recently, where he said how much he admired Scott Rolen for just playing the game and not showboating. Bernstein so badly wanted some reporter with some balls to call out Dusty publicly and ask why he claims to admire that style of ballplay yet allows all the various hotheads and hotdogs on his own squad to get away with the crap they do.

TornLabrum
07-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Nervous Norvus did a rather gory song called 'transfusion' in the late 50's about a speed junkie who keeps having accidents.

Nice...

By the way I actually have that single in my collection, what was I thinking???

Lip
And I have the Napoleon the 13th single somewhere. What was I thinking?????

Viva Magglio
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
And I have the Napoleon the 13th single somewhere. What was I thinking?????
It was actually Napoleon XIV (14th) who came out with "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!" At the time that song came out, it so outraged mental health organizations that they tried to have the song taken off the radio.

Viva Magglio
07-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Boers and Bernstein were absolutely going off on this point. Apparently there is a printed interview with Dusty somewhere done recently, where he said how much he admired Scott Rolen for just playing the game and not showboating. Bernstein so badly wanted some reporter with some balls to call out Dusty publicly and ask why he claims to admire that style of ballplay yet allows all the various hotheads and hotdogs on his own squad to get away with the crap they do.
Bernstein was basically berating George Ofman on the air today for not asking Baker this question. This was followed by a near-screaming rant by Bernstein over the issue. And this is something I have wondered too. It's as if the media is afraid of pissing off Baker. I don't even think the media was this afraid of Ditka. Remember during spring training when Brad Palmer asked Baker a challenging question and Baker went off on him? As that was going on, the other reporters were giggling like the little girls they are.

I'd love to see a reporter go toe-to-toe with Baker.

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Bernstein was basically berating George Ofman on the air today for not asking Baker this question. This was followed by a near-screaming rant by Bernstein over the issue. And this is something I have wondered too. It's as if the media is afraid of pissing off Baker. I don't even think the media was this afraid of Ditka. Remember during spring training when Brad Palmer asked Baker a challenging question and Baker went off on him? As that was going on, the other reporters were giggling like the little girls they are.

Baker has a reputation as one of the upper-tier managers, having had all that success with the Giants, so this rep preceded him here.

I'm guessing the gloves will come off, somewhat, if the Flubs fail to make the playoffs this year. With all those Jesuses on the team, a high payroll, packed stands, etc., that would be a pretty incredible failure.

FarWestChicago
07-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Baker has a reputation as one of the upper-tier managers, having had all that success with the Giants, so this rep preceded him here.I've been waiting for this. When Baker was here he was the biggest, wussy, dish it out but can't take it guy I've ever seen. Even Giants fans were sick of his routine. I don't know of one who was sad to see him go.

Kogs35
07-21-2004, 12:55 AM

today on Mac,Jurko,Harry mac wanted carmen to go and ask dusty the question. and also why do u bring darren to the post game interview's. with darren there he gets out of all the real questions and they just kiss his tushy

bigfoot
07-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Dusty is just polishing his media skills for his post-baseball career as a politician. Baker knows that all those writers are dependent upon Dusty, et.al., to provide them with a steady stream of 'info/knowledge' to pass along to their readers/listeners.
~Without that easy to get source, via the post game interview session, those reporters would have nothing to report for the 5 o'clock news or the late night paper deadline. Or they would really have to do a lot more work than they do now.
~Dusty, et. al., also know that if there's a tough/embarrassing question thrown his way, he can retaliate by being 'unavailable', ignoring the next ?, and generally making the reporters life miserable. ~Then, if the reporter can't gain access to the source(Dusty), he gets re-assigned by the paper/channel/network, ie. his career is over. Or at least delayed. Ask the Grobber.

DrCrawdad
07-21-2004, 10:48 PM

I heard Boers & Bernstein mocking Bruce LeVineLine's softball/kissass questions to Dusty "The Philosopher King" Baker. I tell you what, Boers & Bernstein certainly rip us Sox fans at times, but you have to respect how they point out the media's love for Dusty. They also pointed out how stupid it was for Cubbie fans to AGAIN delay a game by tossing trash on the field.

If you ever need to make yourself puke listen to the Dusty press conference/interview where he spewed his racial views (blacks & latinos handle the heat better...) and you hear the press giggling, as you said, like little infatuated girls.

Basebalalldatime
07-24-2004, 12:43 PM
:angry: This guy is a complete HEADCASE:angry: Try to the job done Hawkins, bum

CUBIES SUCK MY SOX:bandance: :bandance:

:dtroll: :supernana: :dtroll: :supernana: