PDA

View Full Version : Which Cub will lose his cool next?

Uncle_Patrick
07-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Yesterday, it was Zambrano, today, it was Hawkins. Who's next?

RKMeibalane
07-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Dusty Baker. With everything that's been happening over the past few weeks, it's only a matter of time before he loses it. Eventually, the media is going to come at him with questions about his team, why they haven't been able to stay in contention. The fact that he continues to defend the behavior of his players suggests that he's already becoming extremely defensive about the situation. A major temper tantrum can't be far behind.

zach23
07-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Dusty Baker. With everything that's been happening over the past few weeks, it's only a matter of time before he loses it. Eventually, the media is going to come at him with questions about his team, why they haven't been able to stay in contention. The fact that he continues to defend the behavior of his players suggests that he's already becoming extremely defensive about the situation. A major temper tantrum can't be far behind.

A Lee Elia tirade would be just the thing.

Blob
07-20-2004, 06:13 PM
:nandrolone "I have not had anything to complain about since Ross Gload hit the foul ball."

IlliniSoxFan
07-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah - Dusty will be next. Absolutely!! Or, the fans at the Urinal - they were throwing stuff on the field, jumping over the fence to get to center field foliage (might have been a Cards fan), breaking out in huge fights... only a matter of time!!

pearso66
07-20-2004, 06:16 PM
What made Hawkins go nuts today. All I saw was that he did. Was it after the Pujols homer?

CubKilla
07-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Any one else notice Kerry Wood holding Hawkins back once the coaching staff got Latroy back to the dugout? Hypocrite.

Blob
07-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Or, the fans at the Urinal - they were throwing stuff on the field, jumping over the fence to get to center field foliage (might have been a Cards fan), breaking out in huge fights... only a matter of time!!:moron
"Things like that don't happen at the Shrine you must have it confused with a hundred other games at the "hellhole". Geez, Sox fans are dumb..."

CubKilla
07-20-2004, 06:18 PM
What made Hawkins go nuts today. All I saw was that he did. Was it after the Pujols homer?
Only thing I can come up with was that he thought the HP umpire was squeezing him. Either that, or Hawkins blamed the ump for him throwing those two HR balls.

Blob
07-20-2004, 06:19 PM
It was actually after the inning was over. Apparently it was over him not getting some strikes...:whiner:

HomeFish
07-20-2004, 06:19 PM
I absolutely love it when LaTroy gets hit hard. There isn't a more beautiful sight in the world.

Aidan
07-20-2004, 06:27 PM
LaTroy being interviewed on the Score. Man, what a head-case.

LongLiveFisk
07-20-2004, 06:37 PM
You should turn this question into a poll and let us vote! :wink:

bigfoot
07-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Who's pitching tomorrow?

How about a new nickname for the Shrine?

My vote: The Ball Maul !

Aidan
07-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Who's pitching tomorrow?

How about a new nickname for the Shrine?

My vote: The Ball Maul !Matt Clement has to face the Red's red-hot offense. The Red's best pitcher, Paul Wilson (9-2, 3.59 ERA), is pitching for the Reds. Maybe Farnsworth and Wilson can get into another brawl.

he_gone_89
07-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Matt Clement has to face the Red's red-hot offense. The Red's best pitcher, Paul Wilson (9-2, 3.59 ERA), is pitching for the Reds. Maybe Farnsworth and Wilson can get into another brawl.
yea, and adam dunn can toss Sneezy Steriod[a.k.a Shammy Sosa] into that
stupid outfield fence/basket/gate thing:)

hawkjt
07-20-2004, 07:54 PM
When Latroy was asked about the ejection he said " This goes back to an incident on Aug 16 2002 with the twins. I aint going talk about it. Do your job and look it up." latroy has a long memory for a closer. I'm meltinggggggggggg.

Palehose13
07-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Any one else notice Kerry Wood holding Hawkins back once the coaching staff got Latroy back to the dugout? Hypocrite.

I was fortunate enough to watch the St. Louis broadcast. They showed the whole incident with LaTroy and continued to discuss how LaTroy was being held in the cub dugout by Wood.

Did the WGN broadcast do this or was it somewhat swept under the rug?

Man-oh-man...those boys are imploding!

MarqSox
07-20-2004, 09:25 PM
I was fortunate enough to watch the St. Louis broadcast. They showed the whole incident with LaTroy and continued to discuss how LaTroy was being held in the cub dugout by Wood.

Did the WGN broadcast do this or was it somewhat swept under the rug?

Man-oh-man...those boys are imploding!Yeah, they showed it.

bigfoot
07-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Matt Clement has to face the Red's red-hot offense. The Red's best pitcher, Paul Wilson (9-2, 3.59 ERA), is pitching for the Reds. Maybe Farnsworth and Wilson can get into another brawl.
Next, on "Springer"!!!

fuzzy_patters
07-21-2004, 12:26 AM
My bet is Farnsworth. He is a total hot-head. Come to think of it, the Cubs have a ton of hot-heads. I thought they were supposed to be loveable.

WSox8404
07-21-2004, 01:00 AM
This is a little off the subject, but how many Cub "fans" would think the Cubs would make the playoffs if the season ended today? They are in third place mind you. "What do you mean? I thought we were guaranteed a playoff berth before the season started."

Kogs35
07-21-2004, 01:17 AM
if only the yankees could not make the playoffs then everything would be alright. of coarse the sox will make the playoffs and prob the yankees but it would be cool if they didnt

TDog
07-21-2004, 01:21 AM
When Latroy was asked about the ejection he said " This goes back to an incident on Aug 16 2002 with the twins. I aint going talk about it. Do your job and look it up." latroy has a long memory for a closer. I'm meltinggggggggggg.
The AP writer apparently looked it up. According to the story, Hawkins was still upset with Tim Tschida for ejecting him over a dispute that erupted concerning placement of a chair in the bullpen two years and another league ago. Apparently, Dusty should have known better than to bring in Hawkins with Tschida behind the plate.

vegyrex
07-21-2004, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Shammie pop his "cork" :o:

Or see Mt. Dusty erupt and do a Lee Elia. :smile:

OG4LIFE
07-21-2004, 10:47 AM
I absolutely love it when LaTroy gets hit hard. There isn't a more beautiful sight in the world.
perhaps when zambrano gets rocked?

HebrewHammer
07-21-2004, 11:19 AM
The next ScRub meltdown will happen to Kyle Farnsworth, or possibly Corey Patterson, if Corey puts up another 0-4 day I could see him chasing an umpire around the park.

Tekijawa
07-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Alou is due, he's been stareing down umpires on every strike for about 3 weeks now.

DrummerGeorgefan
07-21-2004, 11:37 AM
My money is on Santo...he'll get so pissed up in the radio booth that he'll repel down the cables holding up the foul ball screen like Chuck Norris, take off one of his legs and whack the hell out of anyone, including Cubs, in his sights

Uncle_Patrick
07-21-2004, 11:58 AM
My money is on Santo...he'll get so pissed up in the radio booth that he'll repel down the cables holding up the foul ball screen like Chuck Norris, take off one of his legs and whack the hell out of anyone, including Cubs, in his sights
Now that would be worth tuning in for.

bigfoot
07-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Now, if you can just get 'Stony and the Chimp' to hold still long enough for Santo to play 'Whack-a-Mole' on their gourds. That would be worth the price of admission!

LongLiveFisk
07-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Or see Mt. Dusty erupt and do a Lee Elia. :smile:
I don't see that happening. I think Manuel would pull this off before Baker, and that's not saying much for Baker! :D:

DumpJerry
07-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Personally, I've been waiting for a 'roid rage from the Strikeout King (mis-named "Slammin' Sammy") :angry: