PDA

View Full Version : Motivation?

South Side
07-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm just throwing something out here... but do you think the Sox are in Texas right now and they saw the Cubs collapse and now they will use this as motivation? This is their chance to prove to Chicago that they're ones who are in it to win? Or... do they not care about the Cubs at all?

OEO Magglio
07-20-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm just throwing something out here... but do you think the Sox are in Texas right now and they saw the Cubs collapse and now they will use this as motivation? This is their chance to prove to Chicago that they're ones who are in it to win? Or... do they not care about the Cubs at all?Or they can motivate themselves by realizing their in a pennant chase and that every game counts.

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 05:05 PM
probably not.

DaveIsHere
07-20-2004, 05:06 PM
***???

:threadsucks

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Or they can motivate themselves by realizing their in a pennant chase and that every game counts.

well put.

RKMeibalane
07-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm just throwing something out here... but do you think the Sox are in Texas right now and they saw the Cubs collapse and now they will use this as motivation? This is their chance to prove to Chicago that they're ones who are in it to win? Or... do they not care about the Cubs at all?
I would hope that they would be motivated to stay in first place because it means that they will reach the post-season. Trying to prove the media wrong should be a secondary concern, at best. If the Sox reach the playoffs, nobody will be able to criticize them. The Chicago media will try to find something to complain about, but they will fail.

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 05:07 PM
***???

lol- even better put

South Side
07-20-2004, 05:08 PM
***???

And why is that? You think they're oblivious to the other team in this city? Not to mention, don't overuse the "This Thread Sucks" thing or anything...

South Side
07-20-2004, 05:10 PM
I would hope that they would be motivated to stay in first place because it means that they will reach the post-season. Trying to prove the media wrong should be a secondary concern, at best. If the Sox reach the playoffs, nobody will be able to criticize them. The Chicago media will try to find something to complain about, but they will fail.
I obviously did not mean that they would try to win just to prove the media wrong but in addition to being in a pennant race... Like I said, I was just throwing something out there. Didn't mean to offend you all (I wasn't referring to you RKMeibalane)

inta
i could care less about the cubs. if the sox were watching them with media darling aspirations they're bigger idiots than dusty baker.

the team they should be watching is THE CARDINALS, playing today's game like it made all the difference in the world.

that's moxy.

DaveIsHere
And why is that? You think they're oblivious to the other team in this city? Not to mention, don't overuse the "This Thread Sucks" thing or anything...

oh now we are limited in the usage of this thread sux "guy"

Sorry buddy but like I said before this is a very stupid &%^ing thread,
who cares about the Flubs we have to win, motivation my ass cheer on your team and forget about the other team

South Side
07-20-2004, 05:13 PM
oh now we are limited in the usage of this thread sux "guy"

Sorry buddy but like I said before this is a very stupid &%^ing thread,
who cares about the Flubs we have to win, motivation my ass cheer on your team and forget about the other team
Yeah, b/c it's suppose to be a bit humorous but when you throw it up everytime you disagree with someting... IT'S NOT FUNNY, not to mention it's insulting... Soo sorry that I displeased you... Go Bush!

Dan H
07-20-2004, 05:27 PM
I don't think this is stupid at all. If a player can anything for motivaton, do it. Of course, the Sox should already be motivated. But if you can add something extra, great. Anything that beats into the Cubbie myth is fine by me.