PDA

View Full Version : Crede Lovers

DoggPhood
07-20-2004, 04:16 PM
People keep talking about giving up Crede, but who are we gonna get instead? He's a good fielder. With Frank out, Crede is the 4th leading RBI man on the team right now. And who are we gonna get to play 3rd base if not him? Put Uribe there? I don't know.

I mean, I agree that he strikes out too much and hits way too many infield popups with men on base... but he's not THAT bad.

I think he'll come around.

Cubsuck_a_lot
07-20-2004, 04:31 PM
i agree with you. seattle wanted crede in the garcia trade. K dub was at least smart enough to not trade him. and what are people thinking when they say we shouldnt have traded Olivo??? look who we got for him! i mean granted he could hit well and he was a great catcher, but just let Burke come into his own. Alomar jr is still one of the best in the game. The DL was created to bring another bat into the line-up and help save a pitcher. so , as opposed to an NL team, who has two bottom hitters, we only have one. as long as a catcher does his job behind the plate, no one should be too worried about how well he performs offensively. as long as he can get on base some of the times and he does his thaaang behind the plate, who cares? dont talk to me about catching cuz it is the least of our worries. i still think we need a 5th starter, our offense needs to be sharper and we have to find (or use) our set-up men.

sox rule, cubs drool

doublem23
07-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Personally, I would have rather given up Crede than Olivo, but I'm not jumping at the idea to do so. Walker has to get his swing around and soon. We need more production from the corners.

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Personally, I would have rather given up Crede than Olivo, but I'm not jumping at the idea to do so. Walker has to get his swing around and soon. We need more production from the corners.
i could agree more. having uribe play 3rd instead of crede and olivo behind the plate instead of alomar/davis/burke looks a lot better than what we have now...

i think its a lot easier to find a guy like crede than it is to find a catcher with olivo's skill set

Blob
07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
People keep talking about giving up Crede, but who are we gonna get instead? He's a good fielder. With Frank out, Crede is the 4th leading RBI man on the team right now. And who are we gonna get to play 3rd base if not him? Put Uribe there? I don't know.

I mean, I agree that he strikes out too much and hits way too many infield popups with men on base... but he's not THAT bad.

I think he'll come around.
Uribe could play there but, not as well as Joe. Besides, no one should hang Joe yet knowing that he is a second half hitter.

OzzieBall2004
07-20-2004, 05:16 PM
FACT: Crede has the lowest average excluding Borchard (.158) and Davis (.087).

FACT: Crede has the lowest On Base Percentage (.290) excluding Borchard (.238) and Davis (.140).

FACT: Crede leads the team in grounding into DP's (10)

FACT: Crede has the worst average in the AL with RISP.

Look, I want the kid to succeed just as much as the next guy, but these numbers speak for themselves. He is nto playing like the highly touted prospect he once was. That being said, he's on base for career highs in nearly all offensive categories with the exception of avg/obp/slg/ops. If he can catch fire, turning the year around isn't too far out of reach.

AnkleSox
07-20-2004, 05:20 PM
The Mariners wanted Olivo AND Crede, it's not like KW traded Olivo INSTEAD of Crede.

Daver
07-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I have little confidence in Greg Walker's ability to do that.

Evman5
07-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Do you think anybody has even mentioned to him to shorten his swing?

Rudy Law
07-20-2004, 08:02 PM

I think he'll come around.He needs to come around soon or go.....he just swings for the fences every time...He drives me crazy when I watch him bat......This guy was supposed to be the next Ventura...He isn't even close to the player Ventura was at this point in his career....Robin struggled when he was young, but then once he came around that was it....Crede is a automatic out....and just doesn't seem to care....Also he has his defensive struggles at times....A major league 3B should be able to catch a pop up no matter how "high" the sky is...The one almost hit him in the head....You just can't have that on this team....I am willing to risk trading him....Give me Ty Wigginton(sp)