PDA

View Full Version : Tribe

DoggPhood
07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to be more a little more worried about the Indians than I am the Twinkies. Yes, I know their bullpen is terrible, but these guys can't stop hitting. Hopefully they'll cool down.

PorkChopExpress
07-20-2004, 04:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing as they are pounding the Angels, something we did not do. If, and I'm only saying if for arguments sake, the Tribe wins and we lose, and then somehow we drop two to the Tribe, they are right on our tail in the race, and we play them a number of times still. We need to own these guys.

DoggPhood
07-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Sabathia, Westbrook and Lee are all solid starters, and Tadano seems to be coming around. They key to beating these guys, I guess, is chasing their starters in the 6th inning and beating up on the bullpen. That is, of course, if they haven't already dropped a bomb on you with their offense.

Martinez, Hafner, Lawton, Blake, Bellilard, Broussard, Crisp... yipes.\

Hafner is on FIRE, he's been a one man wrecking crew in Anaheim.

There was all that talk at the break about beware of the Tigers, but really I think the Indians are the more dangerous team.

Hopefully we'll catch them too high on themselves in Cleveland tomorrow.

copyhead
07-20-2004, 08:09 PM
this upcoming series at the Jake will be huge for both teams

the Indians don't expect to be competing this season, but a good outcome this upcoming series may invoke an attempt at speeding up our development process a bit in trying to make a run at the division this very year --a year ahead of schedule

we'll see, good luck to you guys anyway

may the best team win the series