PDA

View Full Version : Watch for Real Bias

Viva Magglio
09-27-2001, 09:04 PM
When we read tomorrow morning's papers and hear tomorrow's sports talk show, I bet that most of the sentiment will think that "it was sooooo cute what Sammy Sosa did in carrying the flag around the bases..." It will go down as yet another aura of "Cute Cuddly Cubdom."

We know Moronotti will think it was the greatest act of patriotism since Thomas Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence. We know that Boers and Bernsie will say the Cubs' pregame celebration and Wayne Messmer's singing were patriotic and use it as a weapon to bash Phyllis Arnold and the Sox' pregame celebration. Probably only Fred Huebner (one of our guys) will say what Sosa did was bush.

How much do you want to be that if any White Sox player, especially someone like José Valentín, toiled (as Joe Carter would say) around the bases the same way Sosa did? Moronotti would all but accuse the Sox player of buring the flag on the field. We'd hear all the "Scum Sox" references, yet it would "Cute Cuddly Cubdom" when our friends on the North Side do the same damn thing. This blatant hypocrisy pisses me off more than anything!

Jerry_Manuel
09-27-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Moronotti would all but accuse the Sox player of buring the flag on the field.

:moron
The flag never looked as bad as it did on Thursday night. That over weight motorcycle riding booze hound David Wells was carrying the flag on the field of Comiskey Park. Some brave fans even had a flag in the extremely high upper deck looking at the projects. This was not what america stands for.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2001, 09:10 PM
My favorite part about it is how un-scripted the whole thing seemed. I mean, what are the odds that Billy Williams would have a spare flag in his pocket?

:clueless

Now that I've blown this popsicle stand, I have to break the news to you, Cheeses, that Sammy is nothing but a fraud.

Chisox353014
09-27-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
My favorite part about it is how un-scripted the whole thing seemed. I mean, what are the odds that Billy Williams would have a spare flag in his pocket?

:clueless

Now that I've blown this popsicle stand, I have to break the news to you, Cheeses, that Sammy is nothing but a fraud.

I wonder if that had been Stairs or Young or somebody else hitting the homer if they would have done the same thing? Methinks that was a Shammy-only celebration.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2001, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

I wonder if that had been Stairs or Young or somebody else hitting the homer if they would have done the same thing? Methinks that was a Shammy-only celebration.

Well, the Crime Dog just hit a 2-run homer, and I didn't see him pulling such a maudlin, obviously fraudulent stunt. I wonder what his damage is?

:moron

Sing it. The Crime Dog is no great American like Sammy Sosa is!

GASHWOUND
09-27-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
When we read tomorrow morning's papers and hear tomorrow's sports talk show, I bet that most of the sentiment will think that "it was sooooo cute what Sammy Sosa did in carrying the flag around the bases..." It will go down as yet another aura of "Cute Cuddly Cubdom."

We know Moronotti will think it was the greatest act of patriotism since Thomas Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence. We know that Boers and Bernsie will say the Cubs' pregame celebration and Wayne Messmer's singing were patriotic and use it as a weapon to bash Phyllis Arnold and the Sox' pregame celebration. Probably only Fred Huebner (one of our guys) will say what Sosa did was bush.

How much do you want to be that if any White Sox player, especially someone like José Valentín, toiled (as Joe Carter would say) around the bases the same way Sosa did? Moronotti would all but accuse the Sox player of buring the flag on the field. We'd hear all the "Scum Sox" references, yet it would "Cute Cuddly Cubdom" when our friends on the North Side do the same damn thing. This blatant hypocrisy pisses me off more than anything!

Oh crap, thats funny! But it's true. But you must not get so hard of Sam-ME, he's a true patriot who wouldn't use the terrorist attacks as a opportunity to promote himself and put the spotlight on him... He's a hero, a Gladiator, a true American in the sense. You know, those fireman who save peoples lives ain't nothing special, hitting a HR and carrying a flag around the bases is the true meaning of a hero. Sam-ME took a curtain call for America, not for people to think he is an attention hog. That HR lifted the spirits of Americans. Why you ask that none of the players in MLB ran around the bases waiving a flag, or took a curtain call for hitting a solo HR in the 1st inning?
Easy, Sam-ME is the defination of PATRIOTISM and HEROISM and someone actually born in this country doing that just wouldn't be right.
Sam_ME proves everyday that he's a hero and the attention shouldn always be on him for giving so much to his country. He is, Of Course, a true American. :)

ihatethecubs
09-28-2001, 12:03 AM
my friend and i were watching the game at a restaurant and i told him if sammy homers it would be made out to be this big special moment and wed here how great he is and wouldnt you know it my theory is prrooven correct and he even made it better with the flag. i could not stop laughing

RichieRichAllen
09-28-2001, 12:34 AM
LOL- You, my friend, have hit the target. I am so fed up with the self-aggrandizing Sam_Me SoSo. Is there any fellow-CL(l)ubber that could/would take him into the clubhouse and beat some sense into him?

Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Oh crap, thats funny! But it's true. But you must not get so hard of Sam-ME, he's a true patriot who wouldn't use the terrorist attacks as a opportunity to promote himself and put the spotlight on him... He's a hero, a Gladiator, a true American in the sense. You know, those fireman who save peoples lives ain't nothing special, hitting a HR and carrying a flag around the bases is the true meaning of a hero. Sam-ME took a curtain call for America, not for people to think he is an attention hog. That HR lifted the spirits of Americans. Why you ask that none of the players in MLB ran around the bases waiving a flag, or took a curtain call for hitting a solo HR in the 1st inning?
Easy, Sam-ME is the defination of PATRIOTISM and HEROISM and someone actually born in this country doing that just wouldn't be right.
Sam_ME proves everyday that he's a hero and the attention shouldn always be on him for giving so much to his country. He is, Of Course, a true American. :)