PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Crede

The Tom
07-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Other than the second half last year and the late season call-up when he hit 12 HR's, Crede has bee THE worst regular in all of baseball. At, this point he's almost an automatic out. He has power to the opposite field, why doesn't he us it. When was the last time he had an extra-base hit or multiple hit game? What is wrong with him? I know he was supposed to be the prospect that worked out, but not so far.

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 02:34 PM
outside of a few hot months, he's been a buster...unlike crash, who has made adjustments to succeed, crede visibly hasnt done a thing to change that long, lazy, strikeout machine swing.

trade him for prospects we will desperately need soon, or a big time difference maker this season

either way, TRADE HIM

Randar68
07-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Other than the second half last year and the late season call-up when he hit 12 HR's, Crede has bee THE worst regular in all of baseball. At, this point he's almost an automatic out. He has power to the opposite field, why doesn't he us it. When was the last time he had an extra-base hit or multiple hit game? What is wrong with him? I know he was supposed to be the prospect that worked out, but not so far.
Other than half his time in the majors, he's sucked. Is that what you're saying? Sophomore slump, or whatever, but sheeesh, how quickly the bandwagoners jump off, huh?

Randar68
07-20-2004, 02:38 PM
outside of a few hot months, he's been a buster...unlike crash, who has made adjustments to succeed, crede visibly hasnt done a thing to change that long, lazy, strikeout machine swing.

trade him for prospects we will desperately need soon, or a big time difference maker this season

either way, TRADE HIM
*****! It took Crash 3+ years to make these adjustments and he's still a platoon player as far as I'm concerned. Crede's in his 2nd full season and throws terrific leather.

hold2dibber
07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Other than half his time in the majors, he's sucked. Is that what you're saying? Sophomore slump, or whatever, but sheeesh, how quickly the bandwagoners jump off, huh?
I agree that there's still reason to to think Crede will get better; but you have to admit, Randar, that he has been a disappointment. You can make a legit argument that he has been, over the last 2 years, one of the 5 worst everyday 3B in the game. I didn't expect the guy to be an all-star quality stud right out of the gate, but I'm surprised and disappointed that he has played so poorly overall.

LASOXFAN
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
I say he's hardheaded and refuses to give up the homerun swing. He's adequate at third, let's not get carried away. Plays the game like he's still in awe of being in the bigs.

I say bring up Bobby Smith and give Joe a wake up call with a trip to Charlotte. Too soon to dump him.

hold2dibber

either way, TRADE HIM
The first rule of trading is buy low, sell high. Crede's value is not high right now. Trading him makes little sense - you wouldn't be able to get much for him. Plus, he still is terrific defensively and I am still hopeful that he'll improve at the plate. With all that said, he's been a major disappointment at the plate and with Thomas out, they really need him to start hitting in the second half.

OG4LIFE
*****! It took Crash 3+ years to make these adjustments and he's still a platoon player as far as I'm concerned. Crede's in his 2nd full season and throws terrific leather.
crash has had a lot to overcome, and lets be serious, this is the first year he has gotten a legit shot.

btw, rowand is leading the team in batting, and as far as defense is concerned, hes our best defensive outfielder.

you can build a "crede is better than rowand" case, but right now it would be kinda weak

habibharu
07-20-2004, 02:43 PM
it is about time that somebody ripped on this guy! he has been getting a pass for too long! everybody in this town, including the media and sox fans have given crede a pass even though he cant hit .250!!! he is awesome defensively but that doesnt make up for his less than average offensive production! this guy was soooo highly touted (almost as much as joe borchard!) coming out of the minors, and he has yet to show me anything offensively!

The Tom
07-20-2004, 02:47 PM
In order to jump off the band wagon, I would have had to be on it in the first place. Also, Half? How bout you try about 25%. He's a career 260 hitter WITH his killer second half last year.

habibharu
07-20-2004, 02:49 PM
In order to jump off the band wagon, I would have had to be on it in the first place. Also, Half? How bout you try about 25%. He's a career 260 hitter WITH his killer second half last year. his second half wasnt even that "killer". he batted .308, which is good, but by no means a monster second half. i cant wait till josh fields is ready!!!

joeynach
07-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Seriously send him to AAA for a week or two. That should give him a wake up call to shorten that swing and start hitting for a better average. Im getting sick of him being such an easy out, its ridicolous. Send him down now. Hell kelly dransfeldt looked like he had a better swing.

Dice
07-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Crede will be fine. Remember, last year was his first full season. He should have been up full time 2 years ago. Right now we'd be seeing the .280, 30 HR, 90-100 RBI player I expect him to be. But because he was held back we have to wait for one more year.

Randar68
07-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Crede will be fine. Remember, last year was his first full season. He should have been up full time 2 years ago. Right now we'd be seeing the .280, 30 HR, 90-100 RBI player I expect him to be. But because he was held back we have to wait for one more year.Yep, the #7 or #8 hitter is going to play excellent defense and hit 25 HR's (and he's been one of the best clutch hitters on the team), and people want to burn him at the stake. Of course I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm not some mental-midget Sox fan who wants to ride the tide, and then cry in the bad times. Even-keel, folks, settle down and ride it out.

Randar68
07-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Hell kelly dransfeldt looked like he had a better swing.
:whoflungpoo

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Yep, the #7 or #8 hitter is going to play excellent defense and hit 25 HR's (and he's been one of the best clutch hitters on the team), and people want to burn him at the stake. Of course I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm not some mental-midget Sox fan who wants to ride the tide, and then cry in the bad times. Even-keel, folks, settle down and ride it out.25 homers....

yea, ok

and as far as cluth hits, outside of april, hes been terrible

wasnt there a thread on here that showed crede as 2nd WORST in the majors with RISP?

nasox
07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
jThe thing withe sending crede to AAA is that anything less than him would be a defensive liability. The only thing I could see working is having Uribe at 3B, the stasche at SS and Willie at 2B. Of course having Willie and Uribe at the top of the order would hurt us unless they turn it around really fast. That being said, I don't want to take the risk of sending Crede down to AAA and having stuff up here blow up. It's to drastic of a step. Maybe he just needs time. :(:

hold2dibber
07-20-2004, 05:31 PM
25 homers....

yea, ok

He's currently on pace to hit 22 hrs.

hold2dibber
07-20-2004, 05:32 PM
jThe thing withe sending crede to AAA is that anything less than him would be a defensive liability. The only thing I could see working is having Uribe at 3B, the stasche at SS and Willie at 2B. Of course having Willie and Uribe at the top of the order would hurt us unless they turn it around really fast. That being said, I don't want to take the risk of sending Crede down to AAA and having stuff up here blow up. It's to drastic of a step. Maybe he just needs time. :(:
I'm pretty sure Crede is out of options; so sending him down is not an option.

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 05:43 PM
He's currently on pace to hit 22 hrs.
and with crede's season long tear, would you bet he will finish with as many?

in all honesty, if uribe and harris pick it up (and i think they are more likely to pick it up before crede does considering they are better contact guys, and strike out a lot less than crede), i could see crede stuck in a platoon with uribe.

either way, crede has been a buster all year, save for a few late inning hits/sac flies

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 06:22 PM
this was posted by ozzieball2004 in another thread:

" FACT: Crede has the lowest average excluding Borchard (.158) and Davis (.087).

FACT: Crede has the lowest On Base Percentage (.290) excluding Borchard (.238) and Davis (.140).

FACT: Crede leads the team in grounding into DP's (10)

FACT: Crede has the worst average in the AL with RISP.

Look, I want the kid to succeed just as much as the next guy, but these numbers speak for themselves. He is nto playing like the highly touted prospect he once was. That being said, he's on base for career highs in nearly all offensive categories with the exception of avg/obp/slg/ops. If he can catch fire, turning the year around isn't too far out of reach. "

thanks ozzieball- thats basically what i would like to say as well

LASOXFAN
07-20-2004, 10:21 PM
this was posted by ozzieball2004 in another thread:

" FACT: Crede has the lowest average excluding Borchard (.158) and Davis (.087).

FACT: Crede has the lowest On Base Percentage (.290) excluding Borchard (.238) and Davis (.140).

FACT: Crede leads the team in grounding into DP's (10)

FACT: Crede has the worst average in the AL with RISP.

Look, I want the kid to succeed just as much as the next guy, but these numbers speak for themselves. He is nto playing like the highly touted prospect he once was. That being said, he's on base for career highs in nearly all offensive categories with the exception of avg/obp/slg/ops. If he can catch fire, turning the year around isn't too far out of reach. "

thanks ozzieball- thats basically what i would like to say as well
Ditto.

HE'S AWFUL. Where rallies go to die. Reminds me of the days of Royce Clayton and Mark Johnson hitting 8 and 9.

flo-B-flo
07-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Other than the second half last year and the late season call-up when he hit 12 HR's, Crede has bee THE worst regular in all of baseball. At, this point he's almost an automatic out. He has power to the opposite field, why doesn't he us it. When was the last time he had an extra-base hit or multiple hit game? What is wrong with him? I know he was supposed to be the prospect that worked out, but not so far. You wrote it right there. He tries to pull outside pitches and when he's in a funk he doesn't swing at some real good pitches.

hold2dibber
07-20-2004, 11:45 PM
and with crede's season long tear, would you bet he will finish with as many?
Absolutely. Assuming he continues to play every day, I'd be shocked if he didn't hit at least 22. I think he'll have a better second half than his first half, and as bad as he was in the first half (and there's no denying he was absolutely atrocious) he still was on a 22 HR pace. I'd bet he hits 25 or 26.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-21-2004, 12:36 AM
If he can land us Jason Kendall, Randy Johnson, or Kris Benson, ship his ass out now. His defense does NOT make up for his offense. Nah, nah, nah nah, hey hey hey, good BYE.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Absolutely. Assuming he continues to play every day, I'd be shocked if he didn't hit at least 22. I think he'll have a better second half than his first half, and as bad as he was in the first half (and there's no denying he was absolutely atrocious) he still was on a 22 HR pace. I'd bet he hits 25 or 26.
Wake up ladies, we are deep into the second half now. We only have 1/3 of the season left, and this is the third that matters. We can't have the same sad uppercut swinging, 12-year-old looking kid at 3rd. He brings nothing to the table besides his occasional home runs. Yes in the beginning of the season he had a few clutch hits, but lately, he has how many clutch hits? None I can remember. He has power and defense, nothing else. His power is not exceptional enough to make us forgive him for all the missed opportunities.

South Side
07-21-2004, 01:17 AM
I'm not worried about losing his power... when was the last time he homered? I'm worried about losing his defense. He may look horrible at the plate but he plays a quality 3B.

A.T. Money
07-21-2004, 01:56 AM
It's time that Crede began producing offensively like a third basemen. He's putting up SS type numbers. You need more from 3B.

hawkjt
07-21-2004, 02:08 AM
He is Paulie last year and people were screaming to trade Konerko . We would not get squat for him last year. Now this year we could. We are trapped with Joe and there is nothing we can do about it. He might snap out of it like Paul did.

Aidan
07-21-2004, 02:09 AM
The funny thing is that if you just look at Crede's power numbers, it looks like a guy that's having a decent year for a #8 hitter...

12 HR
41 RBI

...Then you look at his other numbers and wonder how he has that many homers and RBIs...

.232 AVG
.287 OBP
22 BB
55 SO

Uggghhh...

He is Paulie last year and people were screaming to trade Konerko . We would not get squat for him last year. Now this year we could. We are trapped with Joe and there is nothing we can do about it. He might snap out of it like Paul did.No one wanted Konerko because of his $8 million dollar salary. Every team knew what kind of potential Paulie had from his previous seasons just as every team knows about Crede's potential. Except teams would actually want to trade for Crede because he makes $340,000 and is only 26 years old. He's a great defensive third baseman who has shown he can hit. Even with Crede struggling right now, I bet he has very good trade value. Good third basemen are VERY hard to come by; just ask the Scrubbies. Aramis Ramirez is the first good third baseman they've had since Ronnie "Loud-Mouth" Santo.

LASOXFAN
07-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Wake up ladies, we are deep into the second half now. We only have 1/3 of the season left, and this is the third that matters. We can't have the same sad uppercut swinging, 12-year-old looking kid at 3rd. He brings nothing to the table besides his occasional home runs. Yes in the beginning of the season he had a few clutch hits, but lately, he has how many clutch hits? None I can remember. He has power and defense, nothing else. His power is not exceptional enough to make us forgive him for all the missed opportunities.
Please stop making so much sense. It's irritating the children enamored with Joey at third.

The Tom
07-21-2004, 02:03 PM
I didn't start this thread because i want to chase Crede out of town, he can still do amazing things. I just don't understand why he's so damn untouchable. I mean seriously, everybody just lets it slide that a blind squirrel could find more nuts then he gets hits. Earth to all the Crede sympathizers, HES HITTING .230. And to make things worse, he hasn't changed his approach, it keeps getting worse. He needs a wake-up call.