PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best on the Sox's this year?

frankthomasisthe
07-20-2004, 12:23 PM
I would have to say Mark Buherle is the best player for the Sox this year. He has regained his role as the #1 starter for the sox and has won 10 games.

SSN721
07-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Sox's?

But to answer that I think I might agree with you. Burlymon has been the man this year. Doing a great job. Hopefully he can finish up with 17-20 wins. ANd nice that Paulie stepped it up as well, hopefully can keep it up all year.

Realist
07-20-2004, 01:12 PM
If we're talking Sox's, I gotta go with Valentine. :redneck

Baby Fisk
07-20-2004, 01:14 PM
He's not the best of the year, but Crazy Carl has certainly returned with a bang! I can't remember, who was #8 before him???

Best of the year = SHINGO!

SoxxoS
07-20-2004, 01:19 PM
I agree with Shingo. Without him in the pen we are in dire straits...and quit thinking of the 80s "rock" band...:D:

Soxzilla
07-20-2004, 01:21 PM
There are so many to choose from. I have to give some props to Jon boy though. He has had some fantastic games.:bandance:

the_valenstache
07-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I'll go with Paulie.

Even though he still looks ugly at the plate, occasionally, he's certainly filled in where needed with Maggs and Frank out. Where would we be if he was hitting like the first half of last season?

My other vote goes to this guy:

:KW

Dadawg_77
07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Well he won't be there at the end of the year since people will catch up to him, but right now I would say Thomas has been this teams MVP.

eriqjaffe
07-20-2004, 01:51 PM
I'd have to go with Carlos Lee. He's been very consistent this year, and has found his HR stroke recently. Paulie may have ten more homers, but Carlos has 14 more doubles, and only 6 fewer RBIs.

And Paulie is the comeback player of the year, no doubt about it.

habibharu
07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
He's not the best of the year, but Crazy Carl has certainly returned with a bang! I can't remember, who was #8 before him???

Best of the year = SHINGO! that previous #8 helped the M's win yesterday with a homer in the ninth off none other than Keith Foulke!

HITMEN OF 77
07-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Hands down, Konerko. Konerko is King!! Others recieving votes, MB, ST, CL.

HomerCoach
07-20-2004, 04:54 PM
If we're talking Sox's, I gotta go with Valentine. :redneck I'm going with Rowland!:redneck

Blob
07-20-2004, 05:01 PM
That's a hard question to answer. Different guys have been hot then cold. Pitching has been up and down. But, there is one man who kept the team glued together in good times and bad. Ozzie. He is the MVP this year.

He has praised them when they have done well and kicked their arses when they are not doing so well.

:ozzie "I make the ****ing line up!"

HomeFish
07-20-2004, 05:09 PM
The Sox have been playing as a team. I don't think there is one player that stands out as being totally awesome; this team wins because everyone contributes.

If I absolutely had to pick somebody, it would be Carlos Lee, because has has become a better defensive outfielder while keeping his offensive prowess. I sit out in left field a lot, and he always manages to impress me there.

munchman33
07-20-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm gonna surprise everyone and go with Jon Garland. He hasn't been incredible, but he's definately been what we needed him to be. With E-LO not living up to expectations, Jon had to take a step forward, and so far it looks like he did.

Evman5
07-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I think Marte also deserves some consideration. I guess my vote goes to the Shingo Marte combo at the back of our pen. Just think of how many times Marte has bailed us out in the late innings. For example that game against NY that they show in the commercial. I just love that fist pump when he comes off the mound after striking out the opponent.