PDA

View Full Version : Chimp hits a new level of stupidity!

Chisox353014
09-27-2001, 08:59 PM
So Chimp is blabbing about Sosa's chances of winning the MVP and what would help him.... and he actually says that there is a "very distinct possibility" that the Flubs will still win the Central!!!??!!?
What reality is this guy living in? The Astros Magic number is 3. The Flubs is 19!!!!
:chimp
"Don't mind that 3-run homer by Castilla. The Cubbies have a real good shot at October magic folks! Everything is hunky-dory! 2001 Central Champs right around the corner!

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2001, 09:04 PM
What, you don't think the Flubs will win their remaining 10 games and the Astros lose 90% of their remaining games?

:moron

If I had a spare C-note, I'd be willing to take odds that you'd lose.

Tragg
09-27-2001, 09:18 PM
Did he say that?

Did he really?

You're right, it is a new low.

ShamMe, ever the bridesmaid, meet Barry Bonds.

Daver
09-27-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
What, you don't think the Flubs will win their remaining 10 games and the Astros lose 90% of their remaining games?

Hey Jay hit Fluffy up for a loan.

Chisox353014
09-27-2001, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Did he say that?

Did he really?

You're right, it is a new low.

ShamMe, ever the bridesmaid, meet Barry Bonds.

Yep, he did. It was something like "if the Cubs can win the wild card that would help Sammy's chances or if they win the Central, which is still a distinct possibilty...blah blah blah..."

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2001, 09:31 PM
It really sounds like WGN and the Tribune have their sportscasters and writers held at bay with a Glock to their temples. It doesn't take a genius to realize that this Flubbie team is done, over with -- what are they, 5-9 in their last 14 games? Seattle could be doing that, Oakland could be doing that, the Yankees could be doing that, but the Flubs are chasing 2 teams for their division and about 5 teams for the Wild Card. If they were going to step it up, I think they would have, oh, beaten the Pirates more than 1 games out of 3.

If Chimp indeed did say that, that's quite the changed tune from his visible disgust at their play against the Pirates. He really sounded like a man who had had enough.

Chisox353014
09-27-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

OK, Mr. Moron. I don't really have any of these things, but I will bet my wife, my first-born, my house, my car, my life savings, and my membership in the Jelly-Of-The-Month Club against your C-note. Care to get a side bet going on which Chicago baseball team will finish with the best record?
"You're on, Scum Sox fan!"