PDA

View Full Version : Crack - Whoa - I Think I Am Gonna Like It Here - Yes You Are

jabrch
07-20-2004, 10:19 AM
I got an e-mail from Sox Marketing with previews from a commercial they are shooting.

http://64.4.10.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=79664762b1b3ce8350bdb8bb0cb0f56b&lat=1090333069&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2flists%2emlb%2ecom%2fu%2f5 41924%2f18642782

For those who don't have a high speed connection, it looks AWESOME. Loaiza, Garcia and Buehrle in the dugout, popping sunflower seeds. You hear the crack of the bat and Loaiza says "WHOA". Garcia, "I think I am going to like it here" and then Buehrle, "Yes you are."

Great Job Brooks!!!!!

SoxFan76
07-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I got an e-mail from Sox Marketing with previews from a commercial they are shooting.

http://64.4.10.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=79664762b1b3ce8350bdb8bb0cb0f56b&lat=1090333069&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2flists%2emlb%2ecom%2fu%2f5 41924%2f18642782

For those who don't have a high speed connection, it looks AWESOME. Loaiza, Garcia and Buehrle in the dugout, popping sunflower seeds. You hear the crack of the bat and Loaiza says "WHOA". Garcia, "I think I am going to like it here" and then Buehrle, "Yes you are."

Great Job Brooks!!!!!
doesnt work

Blob
07-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Try this one...

http://lists.mlb.com/u/541924/18047876

It looks like this will be a good commercial! Brooks you are da man!!

MetalliSox
07-20-2004, 10:33 AM
I think they have an alternate ending where Loaiza adds, "That won't be enough with me out there."

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Looks great! :D:

MetalliSox
07-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Won't work for me. :whiner:

Baby Fisk
07-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Cool footage! Thanks for sharing, jabrch. :cheers:

SSN721
07-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Very nice, thanks for sharing, I like it a lot. :D:

davenicholson
07-20-2004, 11:12 AM

Great Job Brooks!!!!!Silly me, when I first saw the thread title, I read the first word with a silent "w". :redface: I REALLY thought that Sox marketing had become edgy!

Cellview22
07-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey, thanks for sharing that. That was pretty cool.

All 3 of them sounded pumped up. Wow, that acting could get them an Oscar. Haha :redneck

jackbrohamer
07-20-2004, 11:26 AM
I dunno, they had that commercial featuring Frank Thomas & now he's out for the season. Not that I'm superstitious or anything..................

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 12:44 PM
how do you guys get on these lists? like the sox marketing one, or the one where KW sent folks an email on the state of the sox? i need to get connected

jabrch
07-20-2004, 12:45 PM
how do you guys get on these lists? like the sox marketing one, or the one where KW sent folks an email on the state of the sox? i need to get connected

daveeym
07-20-2004, 01:19 PM
I love brooks but from a response from an email i sent him it sounds like he has less to do with these commercials than we think. I made a play on the sox pride concept and this was the relevant response to my post here, "I will forward it along to our agency for review and consideration. " So while I love brooks and I'm sure he has some input they do use an agency that does a lot of the work. I'll keep quiet about my idea to him and if it ever happens then brag about it. :redneck

edit: I did like the spot though. I love the fact that the sox email us all this info. I think WSI needs to work with the sox in some fashion to get more audio and video clips out on the web.

jabrch
07-20-2004, 01:24 PM
I love brooks but from a response from an email i sent him it sounds like he has less to do with these commercials than we think. I made a play on the sox pride concept and this was the relevant response to my post here, "I will forward it along to our agency for review and consideration. " So while I love brooks and I'm sure he has some input they do use an agency that does a lot of the work. I'll keep quiet about my idea to him and if it ever happens then brag about it. :redneck

edit: I did like the spot though. I love the fact that the sox email us all this info. I think WSI needs to work with the sox in some fashion to get more audio and video clips out on the web.
OK - Like Beckett with feet, I can speak from experience here. I work in an agency - not the Sox, but another. Brooks has ultimate control over everything. The Agency presents "concepts" based on Brooks' vision. His vision leads to a brief that gets turned into conepts, then into storyboards. He selects one or two concepts that he likes out of the 4-6 that they present him. Then he personally is involved in every step of the execution process to make sure that what is being developed by the agency is what he wants.

Brooks gets all the credit for the vision, the selection, and the decisions to go with these concepts. His agency gets credit for the execution. The architect gets credit for the concept of the skyscraper - but the construction team actually builds it. Brooks is the architect here.

Realist
07-20-2004, 02:10 PM
It looks great. I just wish they had a nice shot of the Kraft Services table.

daveeym
07-20-2004, 03:49 PM
OK - Like Beckett, I can speak from experience here. I work in an agency - not the Sox, but another. Brooks has ultimate control over everything. The Agency presents "concepts" based on Brooks' vision. His vision leads to a brief that gets turned into conepts, then into storyboards. He selects one or two concepts that he likes out of the 4-6 that they present him. Then he personally is involved in every step of the execution process to make sure that what is being developed by the agency is what he wants.

Brooks gets all the credit for the vision, the selection, and the decisions to go with these concepts. His agency gets credit for the execution. The architect gets credit for the concept of the skyscraper - but the construction team actually builds it. Brooks is the architect here.Cool maybe we'll see my idea happen then. :redneck