PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fan hit by Alou's home run ball...

Aidan
07-20-2004, 03:37 AM
This was discussed on WSCR 670 The Score. In last night's game against the Cardinals, some Cubs fan was in the bleachers drinking a beer and talking to his friends and not paying attention to the game, as usual. Well, when Alou hit that late inning solo home run he wasn't even paying attention and got plunked right in the head by the ball. He never even saw it coming. Typical Cubs fan... drinking beer, talking to friends, and not watching the game.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-20-2004, 03:42 AM
And I would imagine that his concerned friends immediately helped the guy slurp up the spilled beer..............before hitting the Cardinal fan sitting next to him with a toy bat because he figured the Cardinal fan started it......

34 Inch Stick
07-20-2004, 08:56 AM
I was flipping between the two games. When they showed the third base line camera angle of his swing there were two people in the front row with backs completely turned to the action talking to people around them.

Cellview22
07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
That's hilarious, I wish I would've seen that.

Did you see that Cub fan in Arlington last night who caught Carlos Lee's home run? He was wearing a Cubs jersey, and he threw the ball back onto the field. Idiot! Then there were a couple of boos, I think some of the people were booing him. Why do Cub fans do this? It makes them look like a bunch of idiots.

Blob
07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Did you see that Cub fan in Arlington last night who caught Carlos Lee's home run? He was wearing a Cubs jersey, and he threw the ball back onto the field. Idiot! Then there were a couple of boos, I think some of the people were booing him. Why do Cub fans do this? It makes them look like a bunch of idiots.The thread for this is in the roadhouse. In case you want to read it.

zach23
07-20-2004, 11:08 AM
This was discussed on WSCR 670 The Score. In last night's game against the Cardinals, some Cubs fan was in the bleachers drinking a beer and talking to his friends and not paying attention to the game, as usual. Well, when Alou hit that late inning solo home run he wasn't even paying attention and got plunked right in the head by the ball. He never even saw it coming. Typical Cubs fan... drinking beer, talking to friends, and not watching the game.

Then this is the second time it has happened. I remember about 2 or 3 years ago seeing a replay of some guy at the urinal getting hit in the head in RF when one of the scrubs hit a HR and he was facing away from the field and chatting.

StrTrkker
07-20-2004, 11:13 AM
That's hilarious, I wish I would've seen that.

Did you see that Cub fan in Arlington last night who caught Carlos Lee's home run? He was wearing a Cubs jersey, and he threw the ball back onto the field. Idiot! Then there were a couple of boos, I think some of the people were booing him. Why do Cub fans do this? It makes them look like a bunch of idiots.
Yea I did see that. He must be one helluva a Scrubs fan to go see a Sox/Rangers game when his beloved team is in the hunt for the NL Central Title...I mean the Wildcard...I mean...

Forget it.

Baby Fisk
07-20-2004, 11:19 AM
He looked so proud of himself afterwards. The way he battled for that ball just to throw it back onto the field. Gee, his friends must have been cheering him on for the stud he is. Oh wait, he was by himself.

Imagine if your lives were that pathetic! :cool: