PDA

View Full Version : This just in... Mike Jackson sucks!

ma_deuce
07-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Can we get rid of this guy already? He is taking us nowhere but down, and in a hurry.

Deuce

mdep524
07-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Can we get rid of this guy already? He is taking us nowhere but down, and in a hurry.

Deuce
I have to say, I've never seen as sure a bet for inherited runners to score as when he walks in from the 'pen.

South Side
07-20-2004, 12:52 AM

Deuce

This just in? Uhhh no, this was in about 2 months ago. I agree, he sucks. Trade him for a bucket of balls for BP.

MrRoboto83
07-20-2004, 12:54 AM
Well, we could think like Flub fans and think that we could trade a guy like Mike Jackson for somebody big.

Or Better Yet, trade him to Montreal for Gary Majewski, we need Gary back again!!

lowesox
07-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Not to say that I think we should stick with him all year, but don't some of you feel guilty about writing this stuff? Here's a guy who's had a very productive Major League career. He's on his way out now and is no where near as good as he once was, but how about just a little bit more respect?

FightingBillini
07-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Here is some respect for him... he is the black Billy Koch. I guess he could take that as a compliment. Or at least could have at some point in time.

Jackson usually kills comebacks, not blows saves. So I guess that is a little better. Seriously, when was the last time he left inheirited runners stranded?

Maybe Crede can pitch. That way he could leave runners stranded for the other team. I keed.

mcfish
07-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Not to say that I think we should stick with him all year, but don't some of you feel guilty about writing this stuff? Here's a guy who's had a very productive Major League career. He's on his way out now and is no where near as good as he once was, but how about just a little bit more respect?
Even if we did feel guilty, it would not even approach the guilt he should be feeling for his inability to hold an inherited runner. MJ should never ever come into a game, but if for some reason he absolutely has to, even more importantly there better be no one on base. Unless the previous pitcher thought his ERA was too low.

VA_GoGoSox
07-20-2004, 03:20 AM
This just in... Mike Jackson sucks!

In related news...water wet, sun hot, boobies good.:D:

SSN721
07-20-2004, 05:57 AM
I think some of you guys really take for granted everything he has done for this ballclub.

jabrch
07-20-2004, 06:43 AM
In an effort to find something to be negative about, we are griping about the last guy in the pen, who is hardly brought out to do anything but mopup.

Does anyone not think KW/OG know that Jackson isn't good? Why do you think he hardly ever pitches in big situations? Next chance KW gets to acquire a decent setup guy, he will - and that will be the end of Jackson.

How bout enjoying a big win instead of griping about Mike Freaking Jackson?

BigEdWalsh
07-20-2004, 07:14 AM
I kinda agree with you. The Sox resurrected this guy. He was once pretty darn good but it amazes me that the Sox haven't released him yet. He is now good for nothing. All he does is ruin other guys ERA's.
I would never boo him, but on here there's nothing wrong with ripping on him. He's BAD. Let him go, Kenny!!!!

Hangar18
07-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Mike "Good for one run" Jackson sucks, Ive been tired of this guy
since April and were now in JULY.......RELEASE HIM ALREADY.
He lets every single runner he inherits ..........IN. He makes Blowouts CLOSE GAMES..........HE takes Tie games, and gives the enemy the lead .........

michned
07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
...it amazes me that the Sox haven't released him yet.
It makes you wonder, does the organization think that he provides some type of chemistry or leadership that they don't want to get rid of him? It would seem it wouldn't be much of a problem to replace Jackson with someone a little more effective. In Cleveland, they have no bullpen and still released Jose Jimenez (although to be fair, he got lit up worse than Jackson).

Ed

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Why the hell won't they release this bum already? Just call up someone from the minors.

Dadawg_77
07-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Why the hell won't they release this bum already? Just call up someone from the minors.
That could mess up the development of a minor league to be the last guy in the pen. Jackson was used perfectly last night, blow out game so five runs wouldn't hurt us so lets see if Jackson can do something. He didn't Shoe ERA goes up but the Sox still win the game and save Marte and Shingo for a closer game. I would have like to see Cotts go longer, but sure his arm would be up for it.

BigEdWalsh
07-20-2004, 08:45 AM
That could mess up the development of a minor league to be the last guy in the pen. Jackson was used perfectly last night, blow out game so five runs wouldn't hurt us so lets see if Jackson can do something. He didn't Shoe ERA goes up but the Sox still win the game and save Marte and Shingo for a closer game. I would have like to see Cotts go longer, but sure his arm would be up for it.
Yeah, but some of those minor league guys have major league experience. No worry about development. Bring one of 'em up!!

bennyw41
07-20-2004, 09:53 AM
In an effort to find something to be negative about, we are griping about the last guy in the pen, who is hardly brought out to do anything but mopup.

Does anyone not think KW/OG know that Jackson isn't good? Why do you think he hardly ever pitches in big situations? Next chance KW gets to acquire a decent setup guy, he will - and that will be the end of Jackson.

How bout enjoying a big win instead of griping about Mike Freaking Jackson?I disagree. In that loss, I think its pretty evident we need some bullpen help. Look at the ERA's in the boxscore.....

fuzzy_patters
07-20-2004, 10:43 AM
That's true. It messed Buehrle up to pitch in that role in 2000. The Sox ruined a great prospect in Mark Buehrle.

PorkChopExpress
07-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Why the hell won't they release this bum already?
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think they are keeping Jackson as a an example of a dinosaur to help convince Crazy Carl that they actually do exist.

zach23
07-20-2004, 10:52 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think they are keeping Jackson as a an example of a dinosaur to help convince Crazy Carl that they actually do exist.

:rolling:

Foulke You
07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
MIKE JACKSON =

:gascan

Jackson was once a productive reliever but he is pretty much done at this stage of his career. I can't remember the last time he came out for an appearance and didn't give up a run or two. Personally, I would like to see them send him on his way and bring up Vic Darensburg again until they can make a trade for more middle relief help.

fuzzy_patters
07-20-2004, 03:00 PM
MIKE JACKSON =

:gascan

Jackson was once a productive reliever but he is pretty much done at this stage of his career. I can't remember the last time he came out for an appearance and didn't give up a run or two. Personally, I would like to see them send him on his way and bring up Vic Darensburg again until they can make a trade for more middle relief help.
I disagree. I don't think Jackson is a gas can. It's quite the opposite. He is out of gas. That's why he throws so many sliders.

Foulke You
07-20-2004, 03:10 PM
I disagree. I don't think Jackson is a gas can. It's quite the opposite. He is out of gas. That's why he throws so many sliders.Ah, but his pitches are like throwing gas on the fire. Baserunners representing fire in this case, hence the term "gascan" since Mike Jackson accelerates the fire. :cool:

Former White Sox Gas Can Award Winners:

Rick White
Bob Howry - Post 2001 surgery
Billy Koch

fuzzy_patters
07-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Ah, but his pitches are like throwing gas on the fire. Baserunners representing fire in this case, hence the term "gascan" since Mike Jackson accelerates the fire. :cool:

Former White Sox Gas Can Award Winners:

Rick White
Bob Howry - Post 2001 surgery
Billy Koch
Sorry, I always thought the term gas can in regards to Howry meant that he only threw one speed, hard, making him easy to hit. Thus, he accelerated fires. Jackson doesn't have much gas anymore, so he's more like a bottle of lighter fluid.

Foulke You
07-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Sorry, I always thought the term gas can in regards to Howry meant that he only threw one speed, hard, making him easy to hit. Thus, he accelerated fires. Jackson doesn't have much gas anymore, so he's more like a bottle of lighter fluid.
Mike "Lighter Fluid" Jackson. Not sure if it has the same ring to it. :D: