PDA

View Full Version : All The News That's Unfit To Report...

DrCrawdad
07-20-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm sure the Cubune will have a story about this tomorrow. Mike Kiley will no doubt mention it in his report on the game. Surely SCORE hosts and Cubbie fan callers to the SCORE will want to talk about rowdiness at The Shrine.

The crowd turned ugly in the eighth, as a huge fight broke out near the juniper bushes in CF, resulting in at least six people being ejected, one of whom fought the security guards all the way down the stairs next to us on the way to Cubbie Jail... - A candid Cub blogger. (http://www.yellon.org/links.htm)

TommyJohn
07-20-2004, 02:24 AM
:moron

All you families out there stay away from that HELLHOLE!!!!

Oh, it was the Temple of Cub? Come on, Crawdad. You can't judge Wrigley
based on that!! How dare you!!

iftypofixit
07-20-2004, 02:29 AM
My brother was at the Cubs game against the Cards tonight (7/19), and he was sitting in the bleachers. In the 8th, someone spilled their beer on the guy in front of him and I guess all hell broke lose. He said the guy threw a punch and wound up having his nose broken with blood everywhere. People kept getting pushed and getting involved. He said that he has never seen a crazier brawl at a sporting event. Security guards couldn't hold anybody and were waiving their hands for backup. Guys were getting pushed down the stairs, and were going at it. Some woman was slapping some guy, and a woman security guard almost got punched by some guy. He said it was so bad that him and his friends had to leave the game after it occured. I don't know if any of the media has covered this or not, but it will be interesting to see if the trib will mention anything. If this happened at the cell, you know what would be said. I think Marriotti should warn fans not to attend the shrine because it isn't safe. What a joke, please share your responses.

TommyJohn
07-20-2004, 05:03 AM
My brother was at the Cubs game against the Cards tonight (7/19), and he was sitting in the bleachers. In the 8th, someone spilled their beer on the guy in front of him and I guess all hell broke lose. He said the guy threw a punch and wound up having his nose broken with blood everywhere. People kept getting pushed and getting involved. He said that he has never seen a crazier brawl at a sporting event. Security guards couldn't hold anybody and were waiving their hands for backup. Guys were getting pushed down the stairs, and were going at it. Some woman was slapping some guy, and a woman security guard almost got punched by some guy. He said it was so bad that him and his friends had to leave the game after it occured. I don't know if any of the media has covered this or not, but it will be interesting to see if the trib will mention anything. If this happened at the cell, you know what would be said. I think Marriotti should warn fans not to attend the shrine because it isn't safe. What a joke, please share your responses.
Here's what the media and Jay Mariotti's responses will be:

*deathly silence*

followed by:

Cubs lose, still 1/2 back of wildcard

Now if this incident happened at the hellhole, we'd get:

Sox win, remain in first in terrible division

FANS BRAWL!!!!!!!

Sox and fans a blight on humanity, contract the team now!; Mariotti column, page 102

DrCrawdad
07-20-2004, 08:13 AM

Here's the thing to me, it's not a matter of The Shrine being more or less dangerous than the Cell. A fight at a sporting event where the beer is flowing is not a surprise. But why is it when there is a fight, or fights, at The Cell you can be sure to hear about it on the SCORE and the papers? Why the deafening silence when fight(s) occur at The Shrine?

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2004, 08:48 AM
*crickets*

34 Inch Stick
07-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Here's the thing to me, it's not a matter of The Shrine being more or less dangerous than the Cell. A fight at a sporting event where the beer is flowing is not a surprise. But why is it when there is a fight, or fights, at The Cell you can be sure to hear about it on the SCORE and the papers? Why the deafening silence when fight(s) occur at The Shrine?
I'm with you on this. It's like reporting that a fight broke out at a bar on a weekend night. Things happen and it really isn't a reflection on the majority.

Hangar18
07-20-2004, 09:10 AM
I hate the Chicago Freaking Media ........
Murph currently Going on 2 straight hours of CUBTALK, took 1 call wanting to Talk Sox, then went back to all cub. Currently, Murph is using the airwaves to rile up the Sheep, and fuming about wendell kim. Lets see.......
one team is 9 games out of 1st place...........other team is in 1st place.........
I wonder who theyre talking about today ..........

bobj4400
07-20-2004, 09:24 AM
I actually made a point to tune into the Cub morning zoo on may way in to work today. I knew it would be a cub whine fest and enjoyed their desperation...

Blob
07-20-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm sure the Cubune will have a story about this tomorrow. Mike Kiley will no doubt mention it in his report on the game. Surely SCORE hosts and Cubbie fan callers to the SCORE will want to talk about rowdiness at The Shrine.

I like the part of the article about the idiot who paid $130 per ticket to sit in the bleachers!!

BBBWWWAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!!!:roflmao:

vegyrex
07-20-2004, 01:00 PM
:sahaf

"No fight took place last night. Ignore anybody who says there was fight.
Instead discuss the glorious victory by our beloved cubbies."

"Yes the cubs did win last night. Do not believe reports saying otherwise."

"Our cubbies beat up the Cardinals so bad the Cardinal players left the field crying like little girls."

"That is the truth!"

DrCrawdad
07-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Yesterday, the game was delayed when Cubbie bleacher fans tossed garbage on the field following Pujols 3rd HR. Steve Stone briefly mentioned the fan misbehavior although there were no camera shots or newspaper references to the incident, as per usual.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Yesterday, the game was delayed when Cubbie bleacher fans tossed garbage on the field following Pujols 3rd HR. Steve Stone briefly mentioned the fan misbehavior although there were no camera shots or newspaper references to the incident, as per usual.:giantsnails

CubsSuckMySox182
07-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Here's what the media and Jay Mariotti's responses will be:

*deathly silence*

followed by:

Cubs lose, still 1/2 back of wildcard

Now if this incident happened at the hellhole, we'd get:

Sox win, remain in first in terrible division

FANS BRAWL!!!!!!!

Sox and fans a blight on humanity, contract the team now!; Mariotti column, page 102
Wow I totally agree with you on that one! Besides that, I really do not understand the hype about Wrigley, the Cubs, and the alleged "fans". Wrigley is a TERRIBLE field! The bathrooms are awful, parking is terrible, and the food...Ugh! More expensive AND it tastes like cardboard. Sure it looks pretty, but once the game starts, that's another story. The fans probably disgust me the most, however. Though there are the true Cubbies fans, over 50% of the ones at the games are tag-alongs or just there to be seen. SO aggravating. Not to mention all the fights that you never hear a word about in the media. At least the fights at Comiskey are the REAL deal...Not some drunk pansy fight between some Northside drunkards who can't handle their beer. I could go on and on, but I will spare everyone. If you are sensitive to obsenity, have a heart condition, have young children, or want to watch a REAL team play, keep away from Wrigley.

Jacqueline

MUsoxfan
07-21-2004, 02:17 PM
:sahaf

"No fight took place last night. Ignore anybody who says there was fight.
Instead discuss the glorious victory by our beloved cubbies."

"Yes the cubs did win last night. Do not believe reports saying otherwise."

"Our cubbies beat up the Cardinals so bad the Cardinal players left the field crying like little girls."

"That is the truth!"

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long long time. Nice!