PDA

View Full Version : Sosa hits No. 59, carries flag around bases

Jerry_Manuel
09-27-2001, 08:47 PM
I can't believe the Associated Press actually wrote an article about this:

Sammy Sosa hit his 59th homer Thursday night and then rounded the bases waving a small American flag as the Chicago Cubs played their first home game since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Sosa hit a high fly-ball homer to right field off Houstonís Shane Reynolds in the first inning. Sosa stopped as he crossed the first-base bag and took the flag from coach Billy Williams.

Sosa waved the flag as he circled the bases, after he crossed the plate and again after coming out of the dugout for a curtain call.

The Cubs star also carried a flag out to right field when he made his customary pregame dash to his position to salute the bleacher fans.

© 2001, The Associated Press

FarWestChicago
09-27-2001, 08:52 PM
:moron

Sniff, sniff, Sammy is such a fine American.

:baylor

Jay, you dipstick, he's not an American. He just works here.

Jerry_Manuel
09-27-2001, 08:54 PM
Sosa hit a high fly-ball homer to right field off Houstonís Shane Reynolds in the first inning.

Let the record show that the ball landed in the basket.

WinningUgly!
09-27-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:moron

Sniff, sniff, Sammy is such a fine American.

:baylor

Jay, you dipstick, he's not an American. He just works here.

I can never get enough of the word "dipstick"! It brings me back to when the Duke boys were in their prime. (Bo & Luke, not Danny Ferry & Christian Laetner)

Tragg
09-27-2001, 09:06 PM
Sammy has worked hard to become a fine american citizen.

His command of the English language is flawless and I'm sure if you asked him he could explain the U.S. Consititution in 10 words or less.