PDA

View Full Version : Another Typical "Cub Fan" Story

SOXPHILE
07-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Today being a perfect day (Sox win, Cards win, Cubs lose), I thought I'd post another story about how dumb Cub fans are : A girl that my friend knows was at Giggly Field on friday to witness a great 3-2 Brewer victory. Now, she's one of these people who always gets in little jabs at him, about how Sox fans are all scummy, Wrigley is the best place ever, the Cubs rule, she just loves the Cubs ! She's a "Huge" fan. My friend was at work (like most Sox fans) on friday, and logged on to MLB.com to see how the game was going, hoping the Cubs were losing. They were, 3-2. The Brewers had just taken the lead. Just then his phone rang. It was her, calling from the game on her cell phone, to give him a hard time because she was at the game, half in the bag, while he had to work. She was going on how great Wrigley was, when he asked her what she thought of the fact that the Cubs were now losing the game. Get this- She didn't even know. She was AT THE GAME, and didn't know what the score was, or who was winning. She was just drinking beer, calling people on her cell phone. Just another classic example of a member of Cub Nation. Someone who claims to be a big fan of the Cubbies, but couldn't name more than 3 or 4 players in the line-up besides Sosa and "Woods"; have absolutely no idea what things like the infield fly rule, a balk, or the squeeze play are. They just go to the game, drink, socialize, check out the opposite sex, and make plans to hit the bars after the game. Sox fans like to do those things too, it's just that we go to bars for things like that. When we go to a baseball game, we actually watch the game and pay attention ! Imagine that ! What a concept ! Example # 60,789,453 of what a bunch of phony, ignorant "fans" they are. That's my rant.:angry:

StrTrkker
07-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Today being a perfect day (Sox win, Cards win, Cubs lose), I thought I'd post another story about how dumb Cub fans are : A girl that my friend knows was at Giggly Field on friday to witness a great 3-2 Brewer victory. Now, she's one of these people who always gets in little jabs at him, about how Sox fans are all scummy, Wrigley is the best place ever, the Cubs rule, she just loves the Cubs ! She's a "Huge" fan. My friend was at work (like most Sox fans) on friday, and logged on to MLB.com to see how the game was going, hoping the Cubs were losing. They were, 3-2. The Brewers had just taken the lead. Just then his phone rang. It was her, calling from the game on her cell phone, to give him a hard time because she was at the game, half in the bag, while he had to work. She was going on how great Wrigley was, when he asked her what she thought of the fact that the Cubs were now losing the game. Get this- She didn't even know. She was AT THE GAME, and didn't know what the score was, or who was winning. She was just drinking beer, calling people on her cell phone. Just another classic example of a member of Cub Nation. Someone who claims to be a big fan of the Cubbies, but couldn't name more than 3 or 4 players in the line-up besides Sosa and "Woods"; have absolutely no idea what things like the infield fly rule, a balk, or the squeeze play are. They just go to the game, drink, socialize, check out the opposite sex, and make plans to hit the bars after the game. Sox fans like to do those things too, it's just that we go to bars for things like that. When we go to a baseball game, we actually watch the game and pay attention ! Imagine that ! What a concept ! Example # 60,789,453 of what a bunch of phony, ignorant "fans" they are. That's my rant.:angry:
Good rant...and its not surprising either.

C-Dawg
07-21-2004, 03:57 AM
I think I saw her at the July 4th Sox/Cubs game at the Urinal..... Very drunk, talked on the cell phone for the WHOLE GAME, never paid any attention to the game itself unless there was cheering going on and then she had to join in too.... I wonder what she had to pay to get her ticket from the Tribune Co's official scalping service to get a chance to sit there and use the cell phone all evening?

CubsSuckMySox182
07-21-2004, 01:20 PM
HAHA!! Great story! I think everyone has had their own, unfortunate encounters with and aleged Cubs "fan." They can be quite fun though. Listening to them on the phone is great, too. My friend is a HUGE Cubs fan, and though I despise them, I will go to games with her when she invites me. Baseball is baseball ya know? (I always root for the other team though!) Last game she took me to, this is all I heard from the female "fan" sitting in front of me: "Ohmigod! I am at the Cubs game! My seats are like so good! Ohmigod and Prior is really hot! Oh wait everyone is standing...Hold on a sec...Wooooo!" Yeah...just, just SHUT UP! lol I'd like to close with saying that next year is not here...It'll always be just a season away. Don't worry, Cubs fans, just drink your beer! You'd do that anyway!

Jacqueline

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2004, 02:10 AM
My friend is a HUGE Cubs fan, and though I despise them, I will go to games with her when she invites me. Baseball is baseball ya know? Yeah, and then they get to count you in their attendance, proving that Cubs baseball is superior. You couldn't get me to go to Wrigley at gunpoint.