PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* "Welcome back Crazy Carl" Sox/Rangers postgame thread 7/19/04

cheeses_h_rice
07-19-2004, 11:16 PM
*woohoo*

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2004, 11:17 PM
:bandance:

Blob
:winner

Welcome back Carl we missed ya!!!

DGSWR81
:supernana: Still 1/2 game up:supernana:

RKMeibalane
I guess the Sox don't need Frank Thomas after all.

Frater Perdurabo
07-19-2004, 11:22 PM
:supernana:

This is the way to beat the Rangers. Hit them hard and early, and don't give up any walks.

Harris absolutely rocked tonight. 2 hits and 3 walks. Rowand is making a believer out of me as well. I'll relish my fried crow tonight.

What a great win! Way to put the West Coast debacle in the rear view mirror.

I'll be at the game tomorrow: Garland v. Wasdin. Sox offense needs to replicate tonight's effort, and it all starts with Harris. The Rangers will get their cracks, but we need to tee off on Wasdin, take our walks, get timely hits and things should work out fine.

elrod
Hmm. Was it coincidence that the Sox put 12 runs on the board and 17 hits the first day Crazy Carl's in the lineup?

Honestly, the real story of the game was Schoeneweis. He looked like he did early in the season. Great command and focus until he ran out of gas in the 6th. If he keeps this up we finally have five good starters. And if this means the offensive slump is over then we are in good shape.

dcb33
I was impressed by Schoeny's strong outing... his line score won't be indicative of how well he performed against Texas' lineup, but we can all thank Mike "It's time to send me to the glue factory" Jackson for that...

Cowch44
07-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Good job everyone...except maybe Adkins, Jackson, and possibly Paulie. Everett was a great DH Willie was a real lead off man, and Rowand won't stop hitting until he gets some recognition.

owensmouth
Isn't it nice to see some crappy pitching by our opponents?

CWSGuy406
Bad trade, Kenny. Carl can't hit worth a damn...

Nice job today, fellas! Way to break out the lumber tonight! Nice job, Schoeney! Even if the box score doesn't look too pretty, you pitched very well tonight!

Let's get a mini-sweep tomorrow and head off to The Jake! :bandance:

Evman5
07-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Nice game, but I will be absolutely terrified if we ever have to rely on Mike Jackson or Adkins to get a meaningful out. I had confidence in Adkins before he was out with his injury, but I now realize that he was very lucky to have an Era in the 3.00's with opponents hitting over .300 against him. Nice Win though!
Still hanging on to first!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Brian26
07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Anyone just see the postgame Everett interview with Chris Bodin? Everett just meant to say the TRANSITION from the Expos to the White Sox was easy, but instead he said the "transaction" from the Expos to the Sox was easy.

:KW

"You got that right, bitch. Trading a mutha****er like Rauch is real ****ing easy!"

Frankfan4life
07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
A no-stress Monday. It's so nice when the Sox lead from beginning to end. Thanks White Sox. I needed that. :cool:

gobears1987
07-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Who bets MJ will be shipped during KW's next deal?

flo-B-flo
07-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Yea ESPyankerblosox will show their usual quota of 5 or six replays of the SOX. We gotta win it all to get their attention.:rolleyes:

Cowch44
07-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Who would wanna be near him?

Johnny Mostil
07-19-2004, 11:27 PM
With apologies for my ignorance, may I please ask why it's Crazy Carl?

SoxFan76
07-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Why not?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Over the last nine innings, the Sox have scored 12 runs while holding their opponents to just 6.

Over the last 27 innings, the Sox have scored 20 runs while holding their opponents to just 13.

The 2004 Sox are a perfect 48-0 when they outscore their opponent by 1 run or more.

Evman5
07-19-2004, 11:29 PM
The only reason he is on our team is because he is a long time veteran and basically just a teacher for our younger guys. BUt you gotta draw the line somewhere.

owensmouth
Schoenweis

Showed em wight

flo-B-flo
Yea ESPyankerblosox will show their usual quota of 5 or six replays of the SOX. We gotta win it all to get their attention.:rolleyes: My bad, FOUR replays!:angry:

cheeses_h_rice
07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
He has some unusual beliefs...dinosaurs weren't real, for one.

p.s. can we PLEASE end the Mike Jackson experiment? Just dump the guy already and eat his salary. Addition by subtraction. (See Koch, Billy)

Evman5
07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Over the last nine innings, the Sox have scored 12 runs while holding their opponents to just 6.

Over the last 27 innings, the Sox have scored 20 runs while holding their opponents to just 13.

The 2004 Sox are a perfect 48-0 when they outscore their opponent by 1 run or more.

So basically we are winning at an astonishing 100% clip when wwe outscore our opponents?

Rudy Law
07-19-2004, 11:33 PM
:winner

Welcome back Carl we missed ya!!!

THEY USED TO CALL HIM CRAZY CARL.....NOW YOU CAN CALL HIM BATMAN!!

Nice game Carl....Welcome back!:everett:

RKMeibalane
They're also 48-0 when their players touch home plate more often than the players on the other team. It's amazing.

SOXPHILE
Good win ! A little shaky at the end there, but someone pointed out on the message boards, this is the Rangers. They are great hitters, and not going to go quietly. A Perfect Day today.:bandance:

Frankfan4life
07-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Anyone just see the postgame Everett interview with Chris Bodin? Everett just meant to say the TRANSITION from the Expos to the White Sox was easy, but instead he said the "transaction" from the Expos to the Sox was easy.

:KW

"You got that right, bitch. Trading a mutha****er like Rauch is real ****ing easy!"I missed Carl's flub, but I would rather Carl be a good hitter than speaker any day. This Bodin guy is making me miss Damon Andrews big time. He's Boring!

Jerko
07-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Look at it this way; Cotts, Jackson, and Adkins all pitched and the Sox won! Whoo! That may be a first! Also, it was nice seeing a nice, STEADY, Davisless, Gloadless, and Perezless lineup. That should be the lineup for the rest of the year (except switch Manos and Rowand in the order when a lefty starts and spell Uribe/Harris based on matchups). I know Sandy can't go every day but it was nice seeing no glaring holes for once (even though Paulie was o-fer and Crede is still in there)!

The Wimperoo
07-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Scott Van Pelt just called him Jurassic Carl on Sportscenter a few minutes ago. Welcome back Carl :D:

Brian26
07-19-2004, 11:36 PM
I missed Carl's flub, but I would rather Carl be a good hitter than speaker any day. This Bodin guy is making me miss Damon Andrews big time. He's Boring!
Notwithstanding the fact that he's boring, he looks like the Riddler.

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Has Carl Everett been to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry? IIRC, there was/is an exhibit that features a dinosaur skeleton. Someone should take him there on an off-day.

Aidan
07-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Who bets MJ will be shipped during KW's next deal?Give me some of what you're smokin'. What team in their right minds would want a gas can like Mike Jackson?

Thank God Kenny listened to me...
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36658

kcsportscaster
07-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Great win by DA SOX, and how about Carl Everett in his return with that home run in a two out of five night!!!! I admit I am not one of his biggest fans, but he knows how to rejuvinate a ballclub with his presence, and it's also great that his old/new teammates like having him around. I hope he can help DA SOX hold off those damned Twinkies and play deep into October. Unfortunately, because of the four letter network's continued love affair with their Free Falling Flubbies, I wasn't able to watch that awesome display by DA SOX at all, not even on WGN, who apparently deemed one of the Naked Gun movies on the SuperStation feed more important than this HUGE win. John Garland MUST step it up tomorrow night in order to shut down that tough Rangers offense.

A. Cavatica
07-19-2004, 11:39 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=crazy+%22Carl+Everett%22

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Not to take anything away from Jacque Jones and the Minnesota Twins, but if the Sox continues like this it won't be very nice for them.

:dtroll:

Win1ForMe
07-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Hmm. Was it coincidence that the Sox put 12 runs on the board and 17 hits the first day Crazy Carl's in the lineup?

Honestly, the real story of the game was Schoeneweis. He looked like he did early in the season. Great command and focus until he ran out of gas in the 6th. If he keeps this up we finally have five good starters. And if this means the offensive slump is over then we are in good shape.I think Carl and Willie were the story tonight. Right now I'd say Willie is the most
important person on the team, if he can somehow get out of his slide, that
would take care of our line-up troubles.

Schoney, glad he pitched well, but he still had a large lead from the 3rd inning
on. Pretty easy to pitch in that type of situation.

PS: Chris Bodin sucks. I want Damon back. :angry:

Frankfan4life
07-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Notwithstanding the fact that he's boring, he looks like the Riddler.If we get a joke out of this guy, I'd be suprised. I want to know, was the barrel really scraped well enough? GEEZ!

Jerko
07-19-2004, 11:45 PM
If we get a joke out of this guy, I'd be suprised. I want to know, was the barrel really scraped well enough? GEEZ!
The barrel was scraped so low the guy had splinters in his hair.

SoxFan76
07-19-2004, 11:47 PM
I think Carl and Willie were the story tonight. Right now I'd say Willie is the most
important person on the team, if he can somehow get out of his slide, that
would take care of our line-up troubles.

Schoney, glad he pitched well, but he still had a large lead from the 3rd inning
on. Pretty easy to pitch in that type of situation.

PS: Chris Bodin sucks. I want Damon back. :angry:
I disagree, the Sox gave Loaiza 3 runs to work with and he managed to mess that up.

StrTrkker
07-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Now this is more like it...

Great pitching by Schoeneweis...nice relief work by Cotts & Politte and nice hitting and great at bats by all. Not a great nite for Konerko but still with the rest of the team doing it with clutch hits and nice base running the Sox looked like a 1st place team.

I do think Jackson has to be considered as trade bait...Hes another Koch waiting to happen. Adkins didnt look too good either but I think he will come around. Crede looked good and Everett was A+ all the way. He fits in the DH spot well...and when (or if) Thomas returns, Ozzie will have a 1-2 punch for the DH.

Lets win tomorrow and go to Cleveland and take care of business there and go home with 1st place still in our pocket.

SoxBoy14
07-19-2004, 11:49 PM
All I have to say is that if Carl hits this good every game, the Twins will be pissing there pants before the end of July. Welcome back Carl:D:
:dtroll: :supernana: :dtroll: :supernana:

Johnny Mostil
With apologies for my ignorance, may I please ask why it's Crazy Carl?Why not?Good comeback, SF76! Thanks for the laugh. I did appreciate it.

Thanks for the other answers as well.

mealfred13
Not to take anything away from Jacque Jones and the Minnesota Twins, but if the Sox continues like this it won't be very nice for them.

:dtroll:

LMAO. Nice.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2004, 11:50 PM
A nice easy relaxing win...what a refreshing change!

As far as Boden or Andrews...I'll take neither Thank You.

Paging Mr. Grobstein...

Lip

dcb33
07-19-2004, 11:50 PM
I disagree, the Sox gave Loaiza 3 runs to work with and he managed to mess that up.
Agreed. Speaking of Loaiza, Rooney and Farmer mentioned that the last time the Sox led in a game by the margain of 7 runs was when they were up 8-1 on Cleveland, when Loaiza was pitching. Loaiza ended up blowing the lead, and the game ended up going to extra innings. Considering Schoeny's last two outings I'd say holding the Rangers lineup back is impressive enough....

dcb33
07-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Agreed. Speaking of Loaiza, Rooney and Farmer mentioned that the last time the Sox led in a game by the margain of 7 runs was when they were up 8-1 on Cleveland, when Loaiza was pitching. Loaiza ended up blowing the lead, and the game ended up going to extra innings. Considering Schoeny's last two outings I'd say holding the Rangers lineup back is impressive enough....
BTW, that game was back on 6/22

inta
07-19-2004, 11:54 PM
a great game to revitalize the old enthusiasm.

what i loved was our patience.
that one inning when benoit easily did not have anything left, the sox showed poise and patience in getting the walks and timely hits.

this is not something they did in oakland last week when they swung at the first pitch everytime.

good job by scott shoeny too. hopefully he's got a fire under him to fight for his position. keep showing results and i'll forget the bonehead crap you said to the southtown.

South Side
07-19-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm ecstatic that Willie is being patient at the plate. It really makes a difference!

OEO Magglio
07-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Absolutely awesome to have Carl back. Willie looked so good up there today, if he can continue to take some walks and get on base that'll be a huge lift for the sox down the stretch. Shoney pitched very well today I was very impressed. Overall great game, go get 'em tomorrow Jon.:supernana:

CWSGuy406
07-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Give me some of what you're smokin'. What team in their right minds would want a gas can like Mike Jackson?

Oh my gosh, Aidan, would you shut up about that already? You aren't the only one who suggested getting Carl back, and Kenny didn't 'listen' to you. Even if it is just kidding, it really is getting on my nerves... :rolleyes:

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Has Carl Everett been to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry? IIRC, there was/is an exhibit that features a dinosaur skeleton. Someone should take him there on an off-day.
Actually, that would be the Field Museum of Natural History, where Sue the T Rex is on display. It wouldn't matter, though, because Carl thinks all the dinosaur bones are man-made. Stick to hitting, Carl.

SMO
:gulp:

Evman5
07-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Oh my gosh, Aidan, would you shut up about that already? You aren't the only one who suggested getting Carl back, and Kenny didn't 'listen' to you. Even if it is just kidding, it really is getting on my nerves... :rolleyes:
He is really tryin to milk that baby:smile:

I mean it wasn't that amazing we reaquired him and it has been reported that the Sox have had interest in him since May.

samram
07-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I'm ecstatic that Willie is being patient at the plate. It really makes a difference!
Yep. Funny how a speedy leadoff hitter gets on base five times and the team ends up with 12 runs, isn't it?

South Side
07-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Breathe...

Jjav829
07-20-2004, 12:27 AM
The funny thing is in his suggestion, he basically says that it wasn't his suggestion! He just took what the guys on ESPN were saying and restated it here. And as you correctly pointed out, the Carl Everett rumors were around a while. Everett was talked about when Maggs went down.

And please Aidan, if Mike Jackson is gone, don't claim that he listened to you. About 90% of this board has been asking for Jackson to be gone for months now.

WSox8404
07-20-2004, 12:40 AM
I think the most important thing about today's game was Wee Willie. Three walks and two hits? Holy crap. If we can get that kind of production from him, we should be able to run away and hide with this division.

Aidan
07-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Oh my gosh, Aidan, would you shut up about that already? You aren't the only one who suggested getting Carl back, and Kenny didn't 'listen' to you. Even if it is just kidding, it really is getting on my nerves... :rolleyes:But I am a GENIOUS and Kenny DID listen to me!!! He also told me that he wants to hire me as his special "fluffer" assistant. Does anyone know what this job will entail?

Rudy Law
07-20-2004, 03:45 AM
Yes...3 walks and a big 2 out hit in the game..Really took any momentum Texas had from scoring the 3....He needs to start playing again.....Make Uribe a utility player again till his bat comes around again.....and if he does play I think he should play more at 3rd

DoggPhood
07-20-2004, 04:18 AM
But I am a GENIOUS and Kenny DID listen to me!!! He also told me that he wants to hire me as his special "fluffer" assistant. Does anyone know what this job will entail?

Yes, you are a "genious." :tongue:

SSN721
07-20-2004, 07:45 AM
That sure was nice. I think that Carl could be a spark plug again as he seemed to be last year. ANd it was great to see Harris live up to what I think is his potential. I know he wasnt up agains the greatest pitching, but I think the more consistent playing time he gets, the better he will be. It was just nice to see about everyone contributing to the win. ANd Schoeny pitched great, cant ask for much more than that out of your 5 spot. Well, hope for the sweep tonight and good vibes going into Cleveland. Thats gonna be tough. CC and Cliff Lee. I am hoping for the best, would be happy with a split there. Otherwise great job last night boys. :bandance:

jabrch
07-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Credit KW for putting together a team that knows how to win! :)

1951Campbell
07-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Am I the only one that just knew that somehow Carl would have a multi-hit game his first game back with us?

Aidan
07-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Am I the only one that just knew that somehow Carl would have a multi-hit game his first game back with us?It's funny how anyone can struggle in Montreal and once they get away from "baseball hell" they can succeed. As much as I hate to say it, look at Michael Barrett. He sucked in Montreal and all of a sudden he can hit. He's still a terrible defensive catcher with no arm though. :tongue:

BigEdWalsh
07-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Also, it was nice seeing a nice, STEADY, Davisless, Gloadless, and Perezless lineup. That should be the lineup for the rest of the year (except switch Manos and Rowand in the order when a lefty starts and spell Uribe/Harris based on matchups). I know Sandy can't go every day but it was nice seeing no glaring holes for once (even though Paulie was o-fer and Crede is still in there)!
I remarked to my son before the game began, "Win or lose, I like this lineup." He agreed, the addition of Crazy Carl made the lineup look good for the 1st time in awhile. This is it, Ozzie. Stick with it. :gulp:

GO SOX!!!

Mickster
07-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Give me some of what you're smokin'. What team in their right minds would want a gas can like Mike Jackson?

Give me some of what you're smokin'. :kukoo:

PorkChopExpress
07-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Actually, that would be the Field Museum of Natural History, where Sue the T Rex is on display. It wouldn't matter, though, because Carl thinks all the dinosaur bones are man-made. Stick to hitting, Carl.

SMO
:gulp:
Maybe someone should just take him to the Sox bullpen and introduce him to Mike Jackson.

SSN721
07-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Maybe someone should just take him to the Sox bullpen and introduce him to Mike Jackson.

lol :roflmao: