PDA

View Full Version : When Do We Get a Break?

soxwon
07-19-2004, 09:39 PM
everytime we win, twins win, we lose twins lose(thats ok)
when do we start pulling ahead?
im sick of this 1/2 game lead?

and when do the twins play a GOOD team?

munchman33
07-19-2004, 09:42 PM

In answer to your questions:

When do we pull ahead? When we play the Twins.

When do the twins play a GOOD team? When they play the White Sox.

OG4LIFE
07-19-2004, 09:45 PM

when do we get a break? when we actually WIN on a consistent basis (ie, splitting with OAK gives us a game on Min)

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2004, 09:48 PM

Believe me, it's 1000-times more frustrating for the team in second-place to go day after day without picking up any ground. The Weenies are two games behind us in the loss column. Playing us to a draw won't do them any good.

I bet even our Weenie trolls can understand that much.
:cool:

Saracen
07-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Isn't the Twins losing every time we do sort of a break?

Blob
07-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Isn't the Twins losing every time we do sort of a break?
Big time!

harwar
07-19-2004, 10:27 PM
By the looks of Carl & Shony we got a great big break tonight.

ukigdog
07-20-2004, 08:49 AM
To answer your question,

I have marked on the calendar and schedule the dates of July 21 - August 12. This starts Wed. These 22 games are going to be the games i feel we will pull away and padden our lead in the AL central. I predicted the Sox to go 17-5 in these games, and have about 5+ game lead in the Central.

Go Sox!!

BigEdWalsh
07-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Believe me, it's 1000-times more frustrating for the team in second-place to go day after day without picking up any ground. The Weenies are two games behind us in the loss column. Playing us to a draw won't do them any good.

I bet even our Weenie trolls can understand that much.
:cool:
You're nice to give those Weenie trolls some credit for common sense.

bennyw41
07-20-2004, 09:28 AM
I think the Twins losing 12 of their last 14 is a break.

Maximo
07-20-2004, 09:34 AM
To answer your question,

I have marked on the calendar and schedule the dates of July 21 - August 12. This starts Wed. These 22 games are going to be the games i feel we will pull away and padden our lead in the AL central. I predicted the Sox to go 17-5 in these games, and have about 5+ game lead in the Central.

Go Sox!!
Without looking at the schedule, this string of games includes how many with the Tigers?

Yes....those same Tigers who have done a pretty good job of beating up on the Twins and who must not qualify in the category of "good team".

PorkChopExpress
07-20-2004, 10:03 AM
This feels like the exact opposite of recent years, where we would be a game behind the Twins, and go on a 5+ win streak just to stay a game behind the Twins because they would go on a 5+ win streak at the same time, and when the would lose so that we could gain some ground, we would lose. The Twink fans are learning what it fealt like to be a Sox fan in recent years, and will get there final lesson in the upcoming month when we pull away for good. I feel like I should be empathetic, but I'm not.