PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano is a punk

soltrain21
07-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Edmonds gets plunked twice because Carlos thinks he got shown up? Yeah Carlos, you did get shown up by the homerun. Maybe you should stop your pointing to the sky and stuff.

That whole team is a joke, and they are going nowhere fast.

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 09:11 PM
I have no problem with Zambrano giving the first-place Cardinals a free baserunner in such a close game.

In fact, I don't think the Cubs are done. They should hit the next 5 batters, one for every St. Louis run. That'll show em!

OG4LIFE
07-19-2004, 09:19 PM
im in virginia right now, and since mlb.tv is being worthless, i decided to watch the scubbies play the cards on espn. im sure some others out there saw this game, and assuredly agree that carlos zambrano is the biggest ******* in major league baseball. everyone already knows his garbage jawing and his little strikeout celebrations (hey, act like you've done it before, moron), but today was ridiculous. just to recap:

- he beans jim edmonds in the 1st (i dont know if that was intentional)
- edmonds hits a 2 run bomb off of him in the 4th, and immediately after edmonds steps out of the box, zambrano starts yelling at him and stares him down while edmonds is running around the bases, and jaws some more at edmonds as he crosses the plate. michael barrett decides its cool to try to act tough too, and starts talking crap to edmonds (but he doesnt say it to his face, he waits till edmonds is in the dugout). meanwhile, edmonds, being the classy and professional ballplayer, just kept his head down and calmly rounded the bases, just another home run for a great ballplayer
- edmonds strikes out one 3 pitches on his next at bat, zambrano does a little dikembe motumbo finger wag
- 8th inning- zambrano, after giving up a 2 run bomb to scott rolen (making the game 5-3 cards) beans edmonds again, and gets thrown out of the game

i dont know about you guys, but i love watching this guy get rocked, and look like a moron in the process.

hats off to edmonds going the classy route and realizing that zambrano is just another street punk, not worth getting a suspension over, considering hes only got one more game to kill the scrubs...

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Its a 5-4 game now. Let's just hope that the Cards can shut them down in the bottom of the 9th.

SoxFan76
07-19-2004, 09:24 PM
That pisses me off. And we all know the Trib tomorrow will be praising the young kids "enthusiasm and aggressiveness". He's a dick.

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 09:26 PM
That pisses me off. And we all know the Trib tomorrow will be praising the young kids "enthusiasm and aggressiveness". He's a dick.

Who cares? He did his job -- the Cardinals were leading when he left the game.

OG4LIFE
07-19-2004, 09:27 PM
you know, i never really cared one way or the other for the cards, but the more i watch them (and not just when they beat the scrubs), i really like their squad. obviously, pujols and edmonds and rolen are monsters, but they have an all-around balanced lineup, with a good mix of speed (womack, renteria, cedeno) and power. their pitching is decent, good enough with the lineup they have. its good to know that the scrubbies probably wont be winning the division this year, and they will be in for a dogfight for the wild card.

OG4LIFE
07-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Cubs Lose!

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Nine game lead for the first place Cardinals. Now let's hope the other Wildcard teams get hot, and quickly.

Viva Magglio
07-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Zambrano is a showboat. The more he pulls his crap, the sooner he will get his comeuppance.

VA_GoGoSox
07-19-2004, 10:15 PM
I was really impressed with the way Edmonds kept his cool. Why even acknowledge the aggressions of a team you're leading by 8 games in the division?

Zambrano has some nasty stuff, but if you can get in his head he will come totally unglued. What he did tonight was just stupid and I hope he enjoys his suspension.:bandance:

Viva Magglio
07-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Zambrano claimed that Edmonds was showboating when he went deep, according to George Ofman's postgame report. Who the [bleep] does Zambrano think he's crappin'?

Viva Magglio
07-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Zambrano has some nasty stuff, but if you can get in his head he will come totally unglued. What he did tonight was just stupid and I hope he enjoys his suspension.:bandance:
We did the same thing; remember when Timo got into Zambrano's head and what happened after that?

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Zambrano has some nasty stuff, but if you can get in his head he will come totally unglued.

Timo Perez could tell you about that...

cheeses_h_rice
07-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Zambrano claimed that Edmonds was showboating when he went deep, according to George Ofman's postgame report. Who the [bleep] does Zambrano think he's crappin'?
Well, c'mon, Zambrano has every right in the world to complain about a player on the opposing team "showboating."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

VA_GoGoSox
07-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Maybe he felt it was showboating that Edmonds hit the ball completely out of Wrigley so that the bleacher scums couldn't throw the ball back.

Seriously, what a d***

VA_GoGoSox
07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Timo Perez could tell you about that... :hawk

Perez at first doin' the Timo two step, here's the pitch...You can put it on the boooaaaaaarrrrddd....YES!

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Zambrano's antics are getting old. MLB needs to step in and suspend the turd for a few games. A number of players have complained about his behavior before. Tonight's game is proof that he isn't able to control himself when he's on the mound. This kind of behavior comes at a price. Zambrano deserves no less than a five-game suspension.

Jerko
07-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I guess when Scammy does his little bunny hop where he looks like he has a cattle prod up his ass, that's just being warm and fuzzy and not showing up the other team.

Easily the most classless team and fans in sport. Also, I heard Scammy struck out and tried to menace Carpenter? I guess I missed the part where the rest of the world is supposed to just "let" the Cubs win. Oh I forgot, that's what the whole world wants, what was I thinking?

Brian26
07-19-2004, 10:29 PM
9 games out. :gulp:

knocko94
07-19-2004, 10:34 PM
His most out of control moment was when he struck out somebody, not sure who, to end the inning, and did a monstrous fist pump.

I LOVE when that crap bag gets beat.

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 10:35 PM
9 games out. :gulp:

They're still only 2 games back for the wildcard. I wouldn't feel so safe yet.

SOXPHILE
07-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Zambrano is easily the 2nd biggest jerk, on a team that's the biggest bunch of jerks, complainers and winers in baseball, with a following of the dumbest, most ignorant fan base in sports. I love how Dusty, last year, and this year, complains when teams, like the Sox, celebrate at homeplate, and do what he calls "Showboating", yet on his team, you've got Shammy doing bunnyhops, and kisses at the camera, and racing out to right field in the first inning; And you have a complete idiot like Zambrano, dancing around on the mound, yelling at umpires and batters, and pointing to the sky after each inning. If they were to contract that team tommorrow, and Wrigley Field were to burn down, I would hold a party.

cheeses_h_rice
07-19-2004, 10:55 PM
I guess when Scammy does his little bunny hop where he looks like he has a cattle prod up his ass, that's just being warm and fuzzy and not showing up the other team.

Easily the most classless team and fans in sport. Also, I heard Scammy struck out and tried to menace Carpenter? I guess I missed the part where the rest of the world is supposed to just "let" the Cubs win. Oh I forgot, that's what the whole world wants, what was I thinking? I took a look at the Flubs MLB board. I had to look twice to realize that, yes, the fans of the team sporting one of the most obvious cases for steroid abuse

:nandrolone

in the history of the game have the stones to poor-mouth Jim Edmonds and accuse HIM of steroid use.

Un****ing real.

Flub fans: biggest pieces of **** in all of baseball.

kcsportscaster
07-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I had to watch ESPN's Free Falling Flubbies tonight between half innings and pitching changes of the Braves 4-2 win over the Phillies to put them back in sole possession of first place in the N-L East WHERE THEY BELONG instead of being able to watch DA SOX take care of the Rangers, and I am also tired of Zambrano's tired ass act. I'm also happy he got his fat punk ass beat and thrown out of the game, especially after he hit Edmonds the second time immediately after Rolen homered!!!! Yeah, Zambrano, go ahead and do you finger pointing and wagging even though the Cardinals are beating your ass into the dirt!!!! I don't know if any of you saw this in the bottom of the eighth after Corknroids grounded out, but ESPN's cameras caught Carpenter calling Corknroids back after the ground out and told him, "You better say something to Zambrano." Methinks the Cardinals are as sick of his crap as the rest of us are, and that what Carpenter said sends a message to the Flubbies that if they don't calm Zambrano down, their batters will get thrown at by other pitchers. Gee, I wonder what Chippy's reaction to that was. I also hope MLB suspends Zambrano for five games or even longer, but Donald Fehr, Gene Orza, and their cronies will never let that happen.

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I had to watch ESPN's Free Falling Flubbies tonight between half innings and pitching changes of the Braves 4-2 win over the Phillies to put them back in sole possession of first place in the N-L East WHERE THEY BELONG instead of being able to watch DA SOX take care of the Rangers, and I am also tired of Zambrano's tired ass act. I'm also happy he got his fat punk ass beat and thrown out of the game, especially after he hit Edmonds the second time immediately after Rolen homered!!!! Yeah, Zambrano, go ahead and do you finger pointing and wagging even though the Cardinals are beating your ass into the dirt!!!! I don't know if any of you saw this in the bottom of the eighth after Corknroids grounded out, but ESPN's cameras caught Carpenter calling Corknroids back after the ground out and told him, "You better say something to Zambrano." Methinks the Cardinals are as sick of his crap as the rest of us are, and that what Carpenter said sends a message to the Flubbies that if they don't calm Zambrano down, their batters will get thrown at by other pitchers. Gee, I wonder what Chippy's reaction to that was. I also hope MLB suspends Zambrano for five games or even longer, but Donald Fehr, Gene Orza, and their cronies will never let that happen.

I don't understand what people are complaining about.

Zambrano is a headcase. Let him do his craziness on the mound, get into his head, and watch hilarity ensue as he melts down. And if he throws at you on purpose? Good -- a free baserunner!!

Why give them a free baserunner back? This is the one part of baseball I will simply never understand.

Viva Magglio
07-19-2004, 11:03 PM
I love how Dusty, last year, and this year, complains when teams, like the Sox, celebrate at homeplate, and do what he calls "Showboating", yet on his team, you've got Shammy doing bunnyhops, and kisses at the camera, and racing out to right field in the first inning; And you have a complete idiot like Zambrano, dancing around on the mound, yelling at umpires and batters, and pointing to the sky after each inning.
Did you hear Boers & Bernstein today? Today, they attributed a quote of Dusty saying that he respects Scott Rolen because the Cardinal third-sacker doesn't showboat. Reminder: "Who you crappin'?" is on Thursday at 1:22 p.m.

vegyrex
07-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Zambrano beans a guy for showboating? :rolling:

:shammy

What's so funny?

Maximo
07-19-2004, 11:10 PM
They're still only 2 games back for the wildcard. I wouldn't feel so safe yet.
Geesus Fish....will you dial it down a notch?

Let's enjoy it for a day or two.

StrTrkker
07-19-2004, 11:17 PM
I don't understand what people are complaining about.

Zambrano is a headcase. Let him do his craziness on the mound, get into his head, and watch hilarity ensue as he melts down. And if he throws at you on purpose? Good -- a free baserunner!!

Why give them a free baserunner back? This is the one part of baseball I will simply never understand.
Yep...I agree.

Hes a loose lugnut allright. And if Rusty Bakeoff and his "fine" staff allows him to keep doing his showboating...great for the rest of the NL playoff contending teams. And Then once this sorry excuse for a "professional" baseball team is eliminated from the NL Central title followed by the Wild Card spot then all their so-called Cubbie blue (and they will be blue) fans can go back to being called Lovable Losers.

Cant wait...

SOXPHILE
07-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Did you hear Boers & Bernstein today? Today, they attributed a quote of Dusty saying that he respects Scott Rolen because the Cardinal third-sacker doesn't showboat. Reminder: "Who you crappin'?" is on Thursday at 1:22 p.m.
Yeah. I heard that today too ! They always call Dusty, Zambrano, and Sosa out whenever they do or say something stupid, which is quite often. They HATE Sosa. Boers has even called him "A Raging Rectum" on several occasions. They get under my skin sometimes, but those guys are hilarious.

bigfoot
07-19-2004, 11:33 PM
If you can stand to watch the LL's again tomorrow, it should be a treat to behold. Tony Larussa won't let the smack down of Edmonds go without some 'get back'. That's the old baseball way that Tony knows and that's exactly what will, and should happen tomorrow. If there isn't a Cub hit/dusted in the 1st inning, I will be stunned. The Cubs should do it first, but Dusty Toothpicks isn't that bright. Tony will have a Cub knocked down in the 1st, the warning will go to both benches and the game will proceed. Message received and answered.

StillMissOzzie
07-19-2004, 11:34 PM
While channel-surfing during commercials & pitching changes, I did catch a few of the later innings of the sCrUBS / Cards game. I missed some of the earlier theatrics, but I did hear that Edmonds had been hit once already. Chimp and Steve got real pumped up after Zambrano fanned Pujols with 1 out and a runner on 3rd in the 8th, but Rolen took the wind out of their sails right after that when he took Zambrano deep. The very next pitch is when he drilled Edmonds for the 2nd time. It was only during the news highlight when I saw the big Zambrano knockout punch that was earlier in the game.

To the Cards' credit, they did not retaliate in tonight's close game, but I'd bet the farm that Sosa, Alou, or Lee are gonna get drilled in tomorrow's game, which just happens to be their last contest of the year.

sCrUBS chances in the NL Central? Put a fork in 'em!

SMO
:gulp:

inta
07-19-2004, 11:43 PM
zambrano is a psycho, but i would take him on the sox in a heartbeat.

i love his fire, way better than laid-back garland who has his own demons to overcome.

too bad big Z is stuck with the wrong chicago franchise.

regarding tonights cubs game. i got stuck watching it at a sports bar... i gotta say, tony laru is one hell of a manager. all the little thigns he does, which get under zambranos skin and psyche out the other team. i love seeing a former sox alum leaving dusty in the dust.

oeo
07-19-2004, 11:51 PM
How much more stupid can one person get? I can't stand Zambrano and never have, but your team is already 8 games back out of first in the division. You need to win these games and you go ahead and start throwing balls at your opponent? Now thats one more game you don't get to start which will be another game up for the Cards.

I feel the whole Flub squad is morons and it stems from Dusty Baker.

Kogs35
07-19-2004, 11:53 PM
got to love herald reynolds and john kruck calling phyco z out for hitting edmons intentionally

WSox8404
07-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Dusty has no control over that team. Its roster is filled with guys that have egos the size of Zambrano's boner after he strikes someone out. He couldn't win with SF and he sure as hell won't win in Chicago.

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2004, 12:15 AM
I just got finished watching the sCrUBS / Cards highlights on SportsCenter, and my first reaction to Zambrano's finger-wagging ala Matumbo after he fanned Edmonds was that somehow, some way, somebody on the sCrUBS is gonna pay for that. La Russa has a LONG memory for stuff like that.

Between Edmonds getting drilled twice, the finger-wagging, the huge fist-pump knockout punch by Zambrano later on, and then Zambrano has the nerve to claim that HE was being showed up?

Talk about wussies (with a p) that can dish it out but can't take it...

SMO
:bandance:

mcfish
07-20-2004, 02:51 AM
That whole team is a joke, and they are going nowhere fast.They sure are going places - they're going to 10 games back, they're going to third place, they're going home in October to cry on the WS rings that they made up for themselves in February... Or did the Chicago media make the rings for them? Hell, I can't remember.

mcfish
07-20-2004, 02:55 AM
zambrano is a psycho, but i would take him on the sox in a heartbeat.
i love his fire, way better than laid-back garland who has his own demons to overcome.
too bad big Z is stuck with the wrong chicago franchise.
regarding tonights cubs game. i got stuck watching it at a sports bar... i gotta say, tony laru is one hell of a manager. all the little thigns he does, which get under zambranos skin and psyche out the other team. i love seeing a former sox alum leaving dusty in the dust.
I'm sure that I speak for quite a few people around here when I say that I absolutely cannot stand that prick and seeing him in Sox colors would make me want to puke. I would rather have Danny Wrong lose every 5th start for the rest of my life than have to see that ******* pitch for the home team at The Cell.

MrRoboto83
07-20-2004, 07:18 AM
I think Zambooono is the biggest showboat in baseball, who dares show him up? What a ego, goes right along with the Messiah and Ed Wood, they are all overrated and sinking fast, bye bye Flubs

OG4LIFE
07-20-2004, 07:51 AM
I'm sure that I speak for quite a few people around here when I say that I absolutely cannot stand that prick and seeing him in Sox colors would make me want to puke. I would rather have Danny Wrong lose every 5th start for the rest of my life than have to see that ******* pitch for the home team at The Cell.
couldnt agree more. he's a total moron and would give me more headaches about the sox than i already have...

gosox41
07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Edmonds gets plunked twice because Carlos thinks he got shown up? Yeah Carlos, you did get shown up by the homerun. Maybe you should stop your pointing to the sky and stuff.

That whole team is a joke, and they are going nowhere fast.
What little respect I had for Zambrano was lost yesterday. What a tool.

It's OK for the Cubs players to point at the skies, pump their fists, hope to first base on a home run, salute their mommies to the camera, etc.

But it's not OK if Edmonds tilts his head to watch his home run sail out after he was plunked (I think intentionally) by the pitcher in the first inning. I see a ton more players doing more then that when they hit a home run (ahem...Sosa)

I think Zambrano called Edmonds 'cocky'. What does that make Zambrano?

Bob

PaleHoseGeorge
07-20-2004, 08:28 AM

What does that make Zambrano? Based on the way his pitches were mistreated yesterday, a 4-letter word, starts with "c."

:o:

Blob
07-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Here is a good article that was on MLB about the whole game yesterday. The Scrubbies are losing their cool, the season is going down the drain and they can feel it!! You really have to hand it to the Cards for NOT losing thier cool!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20040720&content_id=804335&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

Baby Fisk
07-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Cardinals = class act

Cubs = WWE Smackdown

Sox = first place

Jerko
07-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Just to reinforce how cocky Edmonds is; after he made maybe the catch of the year vs. the Reds this past weekend, he got a little antsy and was a little "celebratory", if you will, since it was only the first out. After the game he apologized for it. Real cocky guy there.

StrTrkker
07-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Man...

Those guys on AM1000 are letting Rusty Bakeoff have it with Wendell Kim coaching and Zambimbo antics & Scrammy Soso lack of leadership.

Will Rusty listen...nope. Hes too busy having his son sit on his lap after in a postgame interview instead of taking charge of his team in the clubhouse.

Thank god we got Ozzie, Santana & Joey Cora on the diamond.

Blob
07-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Man...

Those guys on AM1000 are letting Rusty Bakeoff have it with Wendell Kim coaching and Zambimbo antics & Scrammy Soso lack of leadership.

Will Rusty listen...nope. Hes too busy having his son sit on his lap after in a postgame interview instead of taking charge of his team in the clubhouse.

Thank god we got Ozzie, Santana & Joey Cora on the diamond.
I'm sick of seeing his kid...

Viva Magglio
07-20-2004, 09:57 AM
"Our @#$% don't stink."

Says it all, don't it?

Baby Fisk
07-20-2004, 10:01 AM

Thank god we got Ozzie, Santana & Joey Cora on the diamond.Good point, StrTrkker. At the start of the season I feared and dreaded that Dusty would pull the Cubs together after the NLCS choker and whip the team into a contender, while Ozzie turned the Sox into a circus. THE EXACT OPPOSITE HAS HAPPENED! Dusty is throwing tantrums on a regular basis while his players act like jackasses on the field. I think I've seen Ozzie run onto the field to dispute a call once the entire season. It's Ozzie who has acted like a professional, kept his players loose and the Sox have responded brilliantly. Meanwhile in Wrigleyville, Dusty is total clown shoes and his clubhouse resembles a nuthouse after the air conditioner breaks down.

GO GO SOX!

bigfoot
07-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Any truth to the rumor.....The cob players are putting their names into a hat, to determine who will have to bat leadoff. Knowing that Tony will plunk the 1st cob out of the dugout. Heck if it was in StL, it might happen during the warm-ups.

Mickster
07-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Carlos Zambrano = Mental Midget

Mickster
07-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Priceless:

cheeses_h_rice
07-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Priceless:
:gulp::gulp::gulp:

StrTrkker
07-20-2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2091&stc=1&thumb=1 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2091)

So how much is this rookie card going for?

Basebalalldatime
07-24-2004, 11:55 AM
your a freakin' headcase:angry: :angry: :angry: Hey moron hitting a homerun is not showing you up. As in bull Durham quoted by Crash Davis. You have a golden arm, but your gong no where with that ten cent head.

flo-B-flo
07-24-2004, 12:19 PM
What little respect I had for Zambrano was lost yesterday. What a tool.

It's OK for the Cubs players to point at the skies, pump their fists, hope to first base on a home run, salute their mommies to the camera, etc.

But it's not OK if Edmonds tilts his head to watch his home run sail out after he was plunked (I think intentionally) by the pitcher in the first inning. I see a ton more players doing more then that when they hit a home run (ahem...Sosa)

Bob This is about what I think. Scammy has been poging around for years and has NEVER paid the price. Though the helmet breaker last year should have made him pause for thought. Reggie Jackson started all this s*** and should be hung for it. As far as LaTroya-:whiner: I hate even writing about the c---.