PDA

View Full Version : Mariners Firesale Continues: Aurillia to SD

Brian26
07-19-2004, 08:34 PM
San Diego picks up Rich Aurillia from Seattle for a player to be named later.

soltrain21
07-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Any word if Everyday Eddie is on the market?

HomeFish
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I hear that Miguel Olivo is a good young catcher. Maybe we can get him to fill our hole there?

SoxxoS
07-19-2004, 09:36 PM
In order for it to be a firesale, I think a team has to get rid of good players.

RKMeibalane
07-19-2004, 10:05 PM
In order for it to be a firesale, I think a team has to get rid of good players.
We can call it a firesale once Seattle trades Ichiro to the Sox for Ross Gload.

TDog
07-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Some people in M's management said some things that led the fans to believe that they could re-sign Garcia in the off-season. Some fans in both Seattle and Chicago hated the deal, but that was a trade that should help both teams. These last two players they got rid of were drastically underperforming. I don't think Seattle is looking to throw it all away and start from scratch.

Dadawg_77
07-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Ditto, I was going to say that.

doublem23
07-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Ditto, I was going to say that.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-basebl/photoalbum/Harold%20Reynolds.jpg
I don't care what anyone says; John Olerud and Rich Aurillia are great players. Man, If you combine them, they're hitting over .400! And think of the defense, to have first base and shortstop covered by one man. See, I don't play this "stats" game that says you have to have one man for every position, if you can combine players in some sort of weird science experiment and cover twice the ground with half the player, I say go for it. Plus, I'd like to see what the Rich Aurillia-John Olerud hybrid would wear in the field. Would they go with the cap or batting helmet? Maybe make a cap out of hard plastic, or a helmet out of cloth? I don't know about that, but what I do know is that a contender is going to pick up these guys and make a serious run at this thing.

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2004, 12:39 AM
San Diego picks up Rich Aurillia from Seattle for a player to be named later.
BFD, Seattle gets a minor leaguer for somebody they had already kicked to the curb. IIRC, "player to be named later" can't be on the MLB roster.

SMO
:gulp: