PDA

View Full Version : FSN+

misty60481
07-19-2004, 08:06 PM
What is best way to find out what time the Sox game comes on TV when they are on FSN+???

oeo
07-19-2004, 08:37 PM
If you don't have multiple Fox Sports channels, you may have CLTV, it's on there.

misty60481
07-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Our cable in Wilmington doesnt carry CLTV I guess Im just out of luck tonite

Erik The Red
07-19-2004, 11:29 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

That's a link to the whitesox.com schedule page. Times and networks are displayed for each game.

nasox
07-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Our cable in Wilmington doesnt carry CLTV I guess Im just out of luck tonite

welcome to my world, except for me I don't have games for about 5 out of the seven days of the week, sometimes worse. Not having cable tv sucks sometimes...:angry:

kcsportscaster
07-20-2004, 01:20 AM
welcome to my world, except for me I don't have games for about 5 out of the seven days of the week, sometimes worse. Not having cable tv sucks sometimes...:angry:
Someone please explain the FSN Plus channel in Chicago. I think I have an idea what it is anyway. Also, will there be a similar arrangement for conflicts when Comcast SportsNet-Chicago launches? Oh, and to NaSox: Why can't you get cable on your block, or even DirecTV?

oeo
07-20-2004, 01:43 AM
It's used when the Flubs and Sox are both playing around the same time on FSN.

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Someone please explain the FSN Plus channel in Chicago. I think I have an idea what it is anyway. Also, will there be a similar arrangement for conflicts when Comcast SportsNet-Chicago launches? Oh, and to NaSox: Why can't you get cable on your block, or even DirecTV?
I think FSN+ is wherever your cable or dish company has a spare channel and decides to dump it. On my Comcast, it's usually CLTV, but I have had it on other stray channels over the years.

SMO

joeynach
07-20-2004, 09:55 AM
I think FSN+ is wherever your cable or dish company has a spare channel and decides to dump it. On my Comcast, it's usually CLTV, but I have had it on other stray channels over the years.

SMO
I heard people with satellite dont get fsn+ games. Satellite tv does not carry local cable stations, only local network broacasts, Therefore if you have satellite you dont get CLTV, just the regular nbc,cbs,wgn,abc,fox......

Eddie Gaedel
07-20-2004, 10:05 AM
I heard people with satellite dont get fsn+ games. Satellite tv does not carry local cable stations, only local network broacasts, Therefore if you have satellite you dont get CLTV, just the regular nbc,cbs,wgn,abc,fox......
that's not true. with the dish, i don't have cltv but i do get the fsn+ games on the fsn alt channels. it's the same chicago feed on a dedicated channel for fsn+.

ewokpelts
07-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Since the Comcast deal with WGN as much as it is with the teams themselves, expect to see cltv be used as a comcast sports net chicago overflow station. Same as for the U.
Gene

Jerko
07-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Directv, FSN is 639 and FSN+ is 640.

Kogs35
07-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Directv, FSN is 639 and FSN+ is 640.
in october expect that to be the channels for the comcast station.

joeynach
07-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Since the Comcast deal with WGN as much as it is with the teams themselves, expect to see cltv be used as a comcast sports net chicago overflow station. Same as for the U.
Gene
No i think they only use the U when the WGN broadcast conflicts withs national prgramming of the superstation, like there shows. IF there is local programming or a movie or something they will go ahead and braodcast on WGN, but when they are supposed to be showing there dumb WB shows, then they bump to the U. With the comcast deal expect comcast to hold a majority of our games and WGN to pick up a lot of weekend games. But not on the U, those are for weekday night games on WGN, a rare for us, and a rare for the cubs cuz they play more daygames.

ewokpelts
07-20-2004, 12:55 PM
No i think they only use the U when the WGN broadcast conflicts withs national prgramming of the superstation, like there shows. IF there is local programming or a movie or something they will go ahead and braodcast on WGN, but when they are supposed to be showing there dumb WB shows, then they bump to the U. With the comcast deal expect comcast to hold a majority of our games and WGN to pick up a lot of weekend games. But not on the U, those are for weekday night games on WGN, a rare for us, and a rare for the cubs cuz they play more daygames.
Well.....if you read the press release it'll be the same number as fsn has this year. i was just saying that since comcast sportsnet chicago is a joint venture of wgn sports/comcast/and the 4 teams that'll you'll see cltv being use din the same capacity. The U picks up the games when FSN grabs the cubs games instead of t5he sox. funny how you never see cubs games on the u.
Gene

Kogs35
07-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Well.....if you read the press release it'll be the same number as fsn has this year. i was just saying that since comcast sportsnet chicago is a joint venture of wgn sports/comcast/and the 4 teams that'll you'll see cltv being use din the same capacity. The U picks up the games when FSN grabs the cubs games instead of t5he sox. funny how you never see cubs games on the u.
Gene
actually the u games are the ones not picked up by wgn.

SpringfldFan
07-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Am I imagining things or is it always the Sox who get shifted to FSN+ when both they and the Cubs are on the Fox network at the same time? It is a concern to me here downstate because our cable system doesn't air any FNS+ games as far as I have been able to tell...