PDA

View Full Version : Shammy at his WORST!!! LMAO!!!

HootieMcBoob
09-27-2001, 07:32 PM
after Shammy homered in the first inning, he waved a little American flag around while he circled the bases. I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.

and a cub fan in the bleachers had a sign that said "uncle sammy" instead of uncle sam.......

Pete_SSAC
09-27-2001, 07:38 PM
I know where he should hold that flag...
:nocubs

HootieMcBoob
09-27-2001, 07:48 PM
Shane Reynolds just his a 2-out, 2-rbi broken bat single over young's head. the ball got by shammy. reynolds was like 3 for 50 on thhe year (.047)!!! why does tapani lose every time he pitches????????

duke of dorwood
09-27-2001, 07:59 PM
:woo woo :shammy

Dominican woo Republic woo My Woo Home woo

Pete_SSAC
09-27-2001, 08:00 PM
He wears a Scrub Uniform, that's why Tap. sucks. It goes with the territory of playing in the North Side BeerGarden

GASHWOUND
09-27-2001, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
after Shammy homered in the first inning, he waved a little American flag around while he circled the bases. I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.

and a cub fan in the bleachers had a sign that said "uncle sammy" instead of uncle sam.......

I never witnessed something so corny in my life. What is he doing? He hits a HR, than runs around the bases waiving the flag around like he's some sort of patriot, and than does a curtain call to boot!? All for a 1-0 lead. How stpid. So I would assume that if a Astros players hits one out he will be allowed to do the samething, right?

The whole ceromony was all about boosting the Chubs egos. They have to overblow everything cause their the lovable CUBS! All about their egos.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2001, 08:19 PM
I never witnessed something so corny in my life. What is he doing? He hits a HR, than runs around the bases waiving the flag around like he's some sort of patriot, and than does a curtain call to boot!? All for a 1-0 lead. How stpid. So I would assume that if a Astros players hits one out he will be allowed to do the samething, right?
:moron

No, that would be classless showboating if another player did that.

Jerry_Manuel
09-27-2001, 08:23 PM
:caballo
I hit a homer today. I didn't wave a flag around though.

WinningUgly!
09-27-2001, 08:45 PM
after Shammy homered in the first inning, he waved a little American flag around while he circled the bases.

I would say good for Sammy if I thought it was something he did on his own, but we all know that Sammy's "people" stage this crap for him. I am just as physically ill right now as a I was when I heard Sosa's HR derby postgame comments a few years back. He reminds me a lot of GWB back during the election. You can tell when a reporter hits him with a question that he's been "trained" on & you can see the confusion in his eyes when he has to come up with an origional thought on his own! The difference in guys like Bonds, McGwire, Griffey & yes even Frank Thomas compared to Sosa...They all have their own opinions on things and voice them freely. Yes, they all have made stupid comments in the past, but they are all able to deal with it on their own. Sosa very seldom says anything "wrong", mainly because he's advised on what to do & say 24-7! When he does, it's swept under the rug by the Wrigley/Tribune media faster than Samme can over throw the cut off man. I really don't understand the national attention he gets, lump him up with other "created" superstars like 'Nsync, I guess. They are told what to do, say, sing & what to wear much like Shamme is! Sorry for the off topic rant, Sosa & his puppetteers make me sick!
:WU

FarWestChicago
09-27-2001, 08:49 PM
If you bought $1000 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49. If you bought $1000 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the Stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the nickel deposit, you would have $79. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. LOL!! I heard this joke today. But, the guy said, "not only would you have gotten a decent buzz, you would have $79 from the empty cans."

Randar68
09-27-2001, 10:53 PM
If you bought $1000 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49. If you bought $1000 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the Stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the nickel deposit, you would have $79. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Actually, my company works with Nortel....you wanna make some money, once Nortel, ATT, Ericsson, and Nokia start selling 3G basestations, you'll be wishing you had their stock!!!!

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Actually, my company works with Nortel....you wanna make some money, once Nortel, ATT, Ericsson, and Nokia start selling 3G basestations, you'll be wishing you had their stock!!!!

Do tell, Randar, do tell...I have some spare cash these days...

Start from the beginning, though: what is a 3G basestation? Third generation something-or-other, right?

FarWestChicago
09-27-2001, 11:02 PM

Actually, my company works with Nortel....you wanna make some money, once Nortel, ATT, Ericsson, and Nokia start selling 3G basestations, you'll be wishing you had their stock!!!! Nortel has some serious problems at the top. Of course, the right product can save a lot of companies.

charlie browned
09-27-2001, 11:17 PM
:clueless

I have spent the past four seasons around one of the great actors of our time -- Sosa

:clueless

Nortel is Sonet legacy--avoid it

Mathew
09-28-2001, 03:57 AM
Is Nortel Canadian?

FarWestChicago
09-28-2001, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
Is Nortel Canadian? Yep.

Randar68
09-28-2001, 11:26 AM
Nortel is Sonet legacy--avoid it

*****...things have changed. However, and it seems like any future success that they or many other infrastructure suppliers depends upon the success or 3G wireless networks, which will offer common 384 kbps data and restricted 2 Mbps data rates to wireless modems and handsets. Nortel is very well-positioned in this compared to Nokia, Ericsson, and Motorola, other prospective suppliers...

The one thing that would keep me from investing in them at this point is waiting to see if 3G will be widespread and if it will succeed. As someone in the industry, I am quite confident, but who know with international politics involving everything from governments to multinational corporations to 200-employee private IP companies....

Bucktown
09-28-2001, 11:47 AM
Nortel is Canadian. Luckily I avoided Nortel and put all my money in Lucent.

Iwritecode
09-28-2001, 12:07 PM

*****...things have changed. However, and it seems like any future success that they or many other infrastructure suppliers depends upon the success or 3G wireless networks, which will offer common 384 kbps data and restricted 2 Mbps data rates to wireless modems and handsets. Nortel is very well-positioned in this compared to Nokia, Ericsson, and Motorola, other prospective suppliers...

So in other words, they are making wireless stuff that will be faster than the computer I have sitting on my desk at home.
SIGH...

Mathew
09-30-2001, 10:38 PM
It sickens me that Nortel was such a big part of our economy and we were hurt too much, however Nortel was hurt a great deal by our governments refusal to accept Cows from Brazil (foot and mouth worries) because they were so heavily invested in Brazil. Among their other problems they didn't need that. I don't know much more though because I have no money anyway.